Need Some Air

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
For the last few months, Vivienne hadn't been feeling the brightest. She had no idea why, but she always seemed to feel dizzy or ill. Deciding that she just needed more fresh air, Vivienne decided to take a trip to one of her favourite parts of the castle. She loved the North Tower. Mainly because of the beautiful views, but also because of the height. Vivienne had no idea why, but she had always enjoyed knowing she was high above the world below. While some had a fear of heights, she loved it. It was sort of a buzz, you could say.

Making her way up the long, steep, spiral staircase, Vivienne began to wonder if this was such a good idea after all. Going round, and round, and round again.. it wasn't exactly a soothing feeling. Just as she started to feel as though she would be sick, Vivienne stepped out into the open part of the tower. Still a little dizzy from the stairs, she raised her arms slightly to steady herself, before taking a deep breath of the lovely fresh air. Moving over to the ledge, Vivienne leant against it, her elbows on the rail, and her head on her hands. She began to gaze around at the beautiful lake and grounds, finally feeling at peace for a change.

Aeon made his way up to the North Tower, dragging his Firebolt behind him and feeling happier every time it banged against a step, causing more and more of the twigs to break off and roll away. Last time I ever decide to try out for Quidditch. There's plenty more sports to do other than flying on part of a tree, throwing balls around and trying to get them in big hoops. Last year I got to finally go into one of the games after Andy fell. I flew up. Taylor caught the snitch. I flew down. Epic. This year, tried out, got in, put as an alternate. Andy decided to switch with me. I was really excited about getting to actually do something, so of course, she switches back. Aeon secretly hoped Gryffindor lost every game for the rest of the year.

He arrived at the top of the North Tower, only to find Vivienne, one of his old friends, already there. "Hello Vivienne, didn't expect to find anyone up here." He said, walking over to one of the turrets and dropping his broom out. From this high, he couldn't hear the sound it would have made as it smashed into the earth below. Satisfied, he turned around and faced Viv. "I haven't seen you, or any of the others, in quite some time. What have you been up to?" He said casually whilst running his fingers through his hair.

Hearing a voice behind her, Vivienne turned slowly. Ugh.. not someone disturbing my quiet time. However, she was happily suprised to see that the voice belonged to Aeon; one of her close friends. She hadn't seen him for a while, and sure the timing was sort of bad, but obviously Vivienne wouldn't turn away a friend. With tired eyes, she began to speak. "Hey Ae-" she stopped mid-sentence, as Aeon randomly threw his precious broom over the ledge. "Aeon, your.. your broom..?" Vivienne said, looking at her friend with a confused expression.

"My what? Oh, broom. Well it's obviously not a broom anymore, is it? Just a pile of broken wood." Aeon said, smiling at Viviennes confused expression. "Don't ask why I did that, might take a while to explain. Anyway, you didn't answer my question, what have you been up to?" He said brightly, walking over to the other side of his friend and leaning against the wall, shoving one hand into his pocket and waiting for a reply.

Don'tcha love my new theme song? :p I think I'll change it to the Egg Song though :D

Vivienne laughed when Aeon mentioned a broken pile of wood. It wasn't really funny, but he always managed to make her laugh; and plus, she needed it. Laughter really was the medicine for the soul, or whatever the saying was. Vivienne twirled a lock of her dark hair around her finger, as she thought about Aeon's question. "Well.. nothing really. Just school.. life.. etc. I'm almost fourteen you know. Jeez, I would have thought that my life would be a little more interesting at this age," she said with a sigh. Things had really died down recently. What was up with that?

The Egg Song was just plain weird :lol:

Aeon couldn't agree more with what Vivienne had said. Nothing much was really happening lately. Either that or, he was too busy with schoolwork to notice anything else. "I haven't really been focused on my lessons lately, I think I've overslept and missed a few, though I'm mainly paying attention to Transfiguration. I got accepted to do animagi training and need to keep my grades at an Outstanding level. I've also given up on becoming an Auror, too much work I'll need to do to achieve that, and at the moment, it's going to be pretty difficult." He said with a slight frown. There were still heaps of other jobs he could do. "Vivienne, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Aeon asked curiously. He'd probably asked her before, but it was too long ago since they'd spoken for him to remember.

The Egg Song was awesome and you know it :p Fine, I'll stick with Keyboard Cat then :lol:

Vivienne's smile grew as Aeon explained that he got accepted for Animagi training. She knew he had always wanted to become an Animagus, so she was obviously very happy for him. "Oh wow, congratulations! I'm sure you'll do great in your training. Have you decided what animal you'll become?" Vivienne asked. "Really? Aeon Summers has given up his dream of becoming an Auror? Well.. if you're sure it's for the best.." she continued, in a slightly motherly tone. "What do you want to become instead?"

As Aeon asked her what she wanted to do once she left school, Vivienne found it hard to answer. Usually she would have mentioned anything to do with music at the drop of a hat, but now she wasn't so sure. Vivienne just felt so uninspired.. so uncreative. She really didn't seem to have any direction these days. Pushing those thoughts away (as they made her feel rather sick again), Vivienne shrugged her shoulders. "I.. don't know.. And did you call me Vivienne?" she finished, laughing lightly.

Aeon blinked at few times at Vivienne is disbelief. "Don't you pay attention in Transfiguration? You can't choose what animal you'll become, it's just whatever animal is closer to you." He said with a roll of his eyes. "I know for sure you'd be a jellyfish, because you're so brainless." He joked, listening as she asked what else he'd like to be when he was older. "Probably a Professor or own a shop. Maybe I'll travel the world and see what wizards and magic creatures from other countries are like, and yes, I called you Vivienne, it is your name after all. Viv sounds better though." He said with a grin. "You can't shorten my name though, unless I was called 'A', but that'd be weird, wouldn't it? I knew a girl called Erin Rachel Valentine, so people called her Erv from her initials. Mine are A.S.S, so if anyone called me that, I'd bash their faces in. What's your middle name, Viv?" Aeon asked, realizing he didn't know the majority of his friends middle names.

"I meant 'discovered'!" Vivienne sighed, her head was hurting still. She actually quite enjoyed Transfiguration class, but was just in a daze at the moment. "As in.. have you done enough training to find out what you turn into." She rolled her eyes at the jellyfish comment, in a joking manner of course. "Ah, a professor or shopkeeper? Interesting. I'm sure you'll do fine at either, I just always thought you were destined for something greater.." Vivienne said, looking at Aeon as though she saw a Minister of Magic or some other great wizard standing in front of her. "You can do whatever you set your mind to, I guess," she continued casually, turning her gaze back across the lake.

Vivienne listened as Aeon spoke about names and name shortenings. "Well you've never really called me Vivienne before, so it was a bit unusual," she shrugged. "And ass? Your initials spell ass? Oh dear.." Vivienne tried to say without laughing; she wasn't having much success so far. "And Juliet. That's my middle name. That's why my family call me VJ. You can't call me that though, Viv is fine," she smiled cheerfully.

"No, I haven't done enough training yet. Anyway, I won't be able to fully transform till like, the last year or so, so I have a long way to go." Aeon replied, raising his eyebrow slightly at her next comment. "Destined for something greater? Maybe I am, but it doesn't seem like it to me at this point. Who knows what the future holds. Makes me look forward to Divination." He said, hoping it wouldn't be a boring subject.

"Yes, those are my initials, unfortunately. I didn't figure it out till like, last year. So, Juliet huh? Like Romeo and Juliet? From that guy who looks a bit weird..reminds me of 'milkshake'. Hm, Shakespeare, I think his name is. Ever heard of him, VJ?" Aeon said, grinning after he'd said it, even though she'd told him not too. Where was the fun in that?

"Oh, you're taking Divination too? We must be in the same class then," Vivienne said with a smile. "I bags sitting next to you!" She continued with a laugh. When Aeon mentioned Romeo and Juliet, Vivienne was reminded of Daniel. Her sore head intensified for a few seconds, and she blinked a bit to clear it. "Yes, Juliet like the play. My suitor's middle name is Romeo, coincidentally. That's probably why grandfather chose him, actually.." Vivienne said with a sad sigh, looking down at her shoes. "Anyway!" she looked up smiling, changing the subject. "How is.. your life? Aeon..?"

"Viv, I'm taking every elective, didn't you know? I don't think I've seen you in any of my classes so far though, what else are you taking?" Aeon asked curiously, not remembering seeing her in Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, or Ancient Runes. He'd been focusing too much on Transfiguration to really notice anyone else, unless they'd asked a question or made themselves stand out in any way. Astronomy and History of Magic was too boring that Aeon had tried his best to get out of the lessons. Astronomy he'd taken an instant dislike too in first year. It was just a really dull subject. He used to like History of Magic, but now that Isolde wasn't teaching it and that other guy was, he wasn't particularly interested.

Aeon heard Vivienne as him about his life. "My life?" He repeated, thinking about it for a second. "Well, uhh. I got kissed..twice. In this tower, actually. By, uhh, Andromeda. She's a girl in my house, fifth year, I think." He said, glancing down at his shoes so she wouldnt see him blushing.

"Oh, I'm taking Divination and.. Ancient Runes I think. I wanted to take Magical Creatures but didn't get around to signing up. But yeah, I've been missing some classes recently, because I've been too ill to get out of bed," Vivienne said, trying to add a little laugh at the end of that sentence, but it sort of failed. Then, Aeon answered her question about how life was. "Um oh.. wow.. um, congratulations!" she said, trying to manage a smile. "That's, that's, that's great. Good for you!"

Vivienne suddenly felt very sick, far sicker than she already was. Vivienne put a hand to her throat, as though it would stop her from throwing up. The north tower, which she had just a few minutes ago thought as the most peaceful place in the castle, now made her picture Andy and Aeon kissing. Twice. "Ew," Vivienne whispered by accident, not meaning to say it outloud. "I, I, feel.. really sick. Um.. oh crap.." she breathed, as her vision began to blur, as though everything was swimming. Feebly, Vivienne tried to grab Aeon's arm, as she collapsed and everything went black.

Aeon couldn't help but roll his eyes at Vivienne. "It was my first kiss, well, kisses. Didn't expect it to happen like that though. Anyway, It's not all that great, not since-" He was cut off as Vivienne grabbed her throat and looked as if she was about to be sick. He watched as she grabbed his arm and passed out, though Aeon was too shocked to catch her as she fell limply to the ground. "Oh." He managed to say, after a moments silence. Seriously, it's been a year or so since this stuff last happened. The only thing missing from this picture is Kida and Sern. He thought as he tried to lift her up. She was pretty light, but he wouldn't be able to make it all the way down to the Wing carrying her

Aeon wandered around the tower, looking for something to use to help. He tried levitating her, but he hadn't practiced the spell much, and she wasn't as light as the things he'd practiced on. He moved over to the turret and looked down. To his surprise, his broom was hooked on part of the tower, halfway down. "Accio broom!" He said, pointing his wand in the direction of the Firebolt. He caught it as it came up and brought it back over to Viv, who seemed to stir a little as he placed her on the broom. After that, he drifted it over to the window, before hopping on himself. The broom immediately began to go down, unable to properly fly from their combined weight.

Aeon managed to pull the broom up, just as he came to an open window leading to the Third Floor. He forced his broom to go in, before jumping off and leading it down the hall and into the Hospital Wing.

Will start topic in Hospital Wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back