Naturally loves the most distant possibility

Tom Fletcher

OOC First Name
Mike
Wand
14 3/4" Canadian Maplewood wand with an essence of Hippogriff feather
Tom was walking down Brightstone Village, basking in the fact that it was a day where he was free to do what he wanted. With it being a Sunday it was generally less busier than usual and he had no lessons to teach or any essays to mark. Tom took a seat down the main road, looking in each direction wondering where to go next. Tom started thinking to his parent's expectations when he was a teenager. They wanted him most importantly to do well and enjoy life but also to settle down and have a family. Of course, Tom had never contemplated the latter option, but after his mind had reached this thought he started to delve deep into thought. He was 25, so far no girlfriend since his 19th birthday. He was too immersed in his studies at becoming a teacher than to try and settle down at that early age. He thought of how busy he had been trying to do well in life than to think about his personal life. he was busy helping others to do well in their studies then to take an interest into pursuing a family. He put his head in his hands and started to delve deeper into the matter.

[color=chartreuse4]'POP' Mariska apparated into Brightstone with no particular plans in mind. She wandered aimlessly throughout the village, looking in shop windows and simply enjoyed the weather out today as it was absolutely beautiful out. As she was walking she noticed a man sitting who looked very familiar. The closer Mariska got to him the more certain she was about who it was and it sent her heart all a flutter. Oh come off it...you're twenty five years old, you're past the butterflies you ninny she scolded herself as she contemplated approaching him, which she finally decided to do. Carefully she walked up to the man and sat down next to him and asked, "A penny for your thoughts?"[/color]

Tom looked up at the source of the voice, flabbergasted but also take a back. "What in the world?" Tom said. "Mariska... oh errr hi!" Tom said standing up, smartening himself up, his ears tingling on the verge of bright red. He kissed her on the cheek. "Long time no see" Tom said smiling. "How's life?" Tom asked her, throwing many questions at her before realising he hadn't given her time to answer. How ironic. There's me wallowing in self pity about what a weak excuse I have for no personal life when all of a sudden. Bam. There from out of the blue appears my old girlfriend Mariska. Tom looked at her. "It seems you have gotten more beautiful with time" Tom said complimenting her good looks.

[color=chartreuse4]Mariska smirked at Tom's reaction. Same old Tommy...cute as a button she thought with a slight chuckle. Her face flushed light pink when he kissed her cheek, not really expecting it, but not minding in the least. "Hey stranger. It's good to see you," she said giving him a once over before adding, "It's been good. A little busy, but who's life isn't." Mariska stood up, facing Tom and just then it hit her how much she'd really missed him. "You don't look so bad yourself," she replied to his compliment her eyes touching lightly on his handsome features. "So what have you been up to? Did you go into teaching like you wanted?" Mariska asked, remembering that had been what he wanted to do when they had been together.

"Thanks" Tom muttered, running a hand through his hair, his cheeks bright red. "Yeah, I did follow my ambition and I am now a Professor at Hogwarts teaching Care of Magical Creatures" Tom said proudly. "I also own Honeydukes" Tom said in a matter of fact tone. "And you. What are you up to these days?" Tom asked smiling at her. He remembered the day he had asked her out. It was during Valentines night. It was creeping close to midnight and he had resisted for a couple of months to ask her out, but finally mustered up the courage and asked her out. A true Gryffindor at last Tom told himself when he did ask Mariska out and was absolutely over the moon when she replied. Of course he was flabbergasted at the same time. He was also lucky not to get a detention after being out after curfew when he was caught by the Gryffindor Head of House, who asked what Tom was doing out at this time. Tom replied that he was having troubles sleeping and was contemplating getting a sleeping draught from the Nurse. Tom returned to that moment in time.

[color=chartreuse4]"Very nice. Glad to see things worked out for you," she replied before adding, "Actually teaching myself. There is a group of students whose parents wanted them to learn magic, but didn't want to send them away to school. So now I'm homeschooling them. Great kids...fun group." It all sounded great, but deep down Mariska knew her life was missing something and now upon seeing Tom she knew exactly what it was. Love. Her thoughts travelled back to the afternoon they had broken up. All she could remember was that they had fought, though she couldn't remember what about, and after she'd given him back the necklace he'd bought for her she stormed out on him...not even looking back. She'd dated other guys of course, but none held a candle to the man standing before her. Ugh, would you give it a rest...that was a long time ago...it's over and done with and there's nothing you can do to change it she thought bitterly, secretly wishing that she could go back in time and right this particular wrong.

Pushing it all from her mind for now, Mariska attempted to make up for the lull in the conversation. "So, um, how's your family?" Lame she thought rolling her eyes at her stupidity.

"Thats great" Tom said at the news Mariska was also teaching. "My family are ok. Thanks. And yours?" Tom asked her looking in her eyes. He remembered all the happy time he had with her. The laughs, the jokes, the romance. He tried for days after their split not to dwell on their breakup, telling himself everything happens for a reason. Tom remembered telling himself days after their split that Heartbroken was an understatement to how he was feeling. He then thought religiously about this matter. Was this God, giving him another chance to cherish the same woman he loved and lost years ago?To learn from his mistakes, forget the past, and make the present? He felt a question burning his tongue. He was dying to ask.... dying to know. "So a suppose a beautiful woman such as yourself has a boyfriend?" Tom asked casually trying to sound like he wasn't too curious and was just making conversation.

[color=chartreuse4]"Dad's been sick for about a year, but mum is taking excellent care of him and he's doing much better than he had been," Mariska replied with a hopeful tone. The way that Tom looked at her made a tingle surge down her body and she longed for nothing more than to be in his arms again. Her head was telling her to turn and run for the hills, but her heart was pushing her forward...for the moment she was on the fence about what to do so she merely averted her gaze and took a few deep breaths in.

When he asked her about her current relationship status Mariska looked at him with a puzzled expression. "No. Can't find anyone who can put up with my antics for very long. Apprently I'm quite a handful. And you? Any lucky lady happen to be the object of your affections?" she asked, though she wasn't quite sure she was ready for an answer...especially if it happened to be yes.[/color]

A sigh of relief flushed throughout his body when she informed him she was single. ""No. I think i've just been too busy focusing on my career then to make time dating people." Tom said replying to her question.Hopefully its about to change Tom hoped to himself. "I just wanted to apologise for my mistakes all those years ago. I was young. I was a fool to let you go. I thought the world was my oyster and that I could have any Woman I desired. I was wrong. You were my one and only true love.. you still are" Tom said pouring his heart out. There was no use hiding his feelings anymore. They would only cloud his judgement like a thick heavy cloak. He hoped she felt the same way about him.... he had just poured his innermost secret to her. He would feel mortified to say the least if she didn't feel the same way. "I just thought you had the right to know" Tom said earnestly secretly anticipating her reply to this.

[color=chartreuse4]Mariska simply nodded when he mentioned being too busy to date. She fully understood that. Then he opened up completely and her heart felt like it might explode. Tom still loved her and that was all she needed to hear. Letting go of all her inhibitions Mariska did the first thing that came natural when she was around the man standing before her...she took his face in her hands and kissed him. It felt like coming home again, like this was where she belonged. Pulling away she looked deep into his eyes and said sincerely, "I never stopped loving you."[/color]

Tom did not try to stop Mariska kissing him. He let her kiss him then took her head and kissed her back. Memories of their youth together came flooding back. He was on top of the world. He kissed her again. "Im glad you feel the same way" Tom said. "I would have looked like a fool if you didn't" Tom mused, still grinning. He looked at his watch. His mouth turned into an o shape. He was late for a meeting with the Ministry discussing the welfare of the Creatures in the forest. "I am sorry. I completely forgot about this meeting I have to go with. It was unavoidable. Please forgive me. No doubt we shall meet again soon."He said apologetically before kissing her one last time, and disapparated with a pop.

[color=chartreuse4]And then he was gone. It should have left a sad feeling in her heart, but Mariska was comforted by the fact that they would see each other again. After all these years they still loved each other, but was she ready to put her heart out there like that again. Too late...you just did and he's worth it she thought sighing heavily as she continued to walk through Brightstone, but her mind was no longer on shopping so she disapparated with a loud 'POP' back to her home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back