More awkward than yellow underpants

Dominicus Olaf

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Oak Wand 14" Essence of Vampire Blood (Broken)
The leaves were beggining to wither and die- A bit like Dominicus' heart had after not seeing Andromeda for so long.
Dominicus was wearing a bit more today; He had a thin white shirt and one of his open checked shirts- a red one which matched the season perfectly.
His legs were hugged by some slightly damaged jeans and he wore some blue and white trainers.
Dominicus was back for a month or so.. 'Or so' would turn out to be a much longer time.
Infact, Dom was aiming for permenant residence.
As he wandered through Brightstone, hands in pockets, he thought about the last time he was there; He had bought a necklace for Andromeda, the girl who had had such an effect on Dominicus that he was beggining to wonder if she was part veela.

Andy had just left Fenton at the park with a decidedly sore face but at least his ego was somewhat in tact. She fervently hoped she had gotten the point across about being just friends but time would most definitely tell on that one. The day was still relatively cool and she was grateful for that after the grueling months of exhausting heat they had endured for so long. Wearing simply a pair of white skinny trousers and a white loose cotton blouse Andromeda walked along Brightstone with every intention now of returning to the school and to Bruin when she saw someone she had all but forgotten about. True she had attempted to send him owls but either she had misspelled his name or she had come to the conclusion that he had been a figment of her imagination, Andy had never understood why they had all returned to her. The only way she had known for sure that he had truly existed was the extremely expensive ruby necklace he had bought for her. She knew she would have to face him and so she continued on towards him, pulling her long deep red hair back behind her ears.

"Dominicus?" her voice was calm and soft when she called out to him.

Dominicus froze mid-step; One of his feet was hoverring an inch off the ground.
He turned slowly. "Andy?" He must be going mad, wanting her to be there and to be real.
As his eyes scanned her and then looked to hers, Dominicus felt a thump in his chest as his heart woke up.
He stared at Andromeda for a moment longer. He reached his hand out and stroked her hair.
She was real and her was as brilliant as ever.
"You are real." Dominicus said out loud, withdrawing his hand and smiling.
"How are you?" His English was slowly improving. He knew more words and he was starting to pronounce things better, even though his accent was just as strong as ever.

Andy nearly floundered as he moved closer and touched her hair. The motion was only fleeting and she was grateful, not sure if she could take slapping Dominicus too today. He was every bit as gorgeous as she had remembered him, possibly even more so and she wondered at her own strength of character for having kept things so slow and distant on that fateful day. She knew without a doubt her heart was well and truly locked solid and tight and could no more be shaken from loving Bruin than she could stop being a werewolf, so she took a step back ward so as not to give him any ideas about them. There was no 'them' after all.

"I am real" she reassured him, "I'm good. Great in fact. How are you?"
she marveled at how well he seemed to speak now, it only added more to his charm that he had troubled himself to learn the language better.

Dominicus grinned, showing off his glamorous smile.
"Much better now.." The moment he said this, he realised how awkward it must sound, they were, afterall, not a couple.
Dominicus coughed lightly to cover up this 'mistake'.
"I 'ave been doing zome vork in Europe in the muggle vorld- Father does not like it.. " Dominicus, who was usually so strong, brave and outgoing turned a little pink in the cheeks.
"I 'ave been modelling."
Dominicus wished the ground would swallow him whole or something would distract Andromeda from this. He shouldn't have been ashamed- He'd been on the cover of a lot of magazines and he was going by a different name to hide his true identity but something made Dominicus feel very awkward. He wanted to be off working with dragons or something, not showing off his muscles to some muggle cameras.

Cassandra was late meeting her friends for a drink.
She wasn't wearing the mustard jumper today- Thank Merlin- but was instead wearing a huge purple jumper which was surely too hot. She had a long grey skirt with several rips at the bottom where she had stuck her shoes through. Her shoes were long, black and pointy. Where she had got them was a question Cassandra herself could not answer.
She stumbled as she ran, her shoe caught her skirt and she tripped over, thumping her head on Dominicus' legs. "Ouch." She looked up at Dominicus and smiled, "Hello."

Andy smiled as he admitted what it was he was doing, attempting not to have heard the first few words he had spoken. In another universe or perhaps another time she might truly have considered him but how could she now? He was lovely, truly but Andy would not drag him along needlessly. He deserved better than that.

"That sounds interesting though" she noticed the embarrassment that admitting he was a model had produced and wanted to reach out and reassure him but had to stop herself.
"Dom... we need.. I mean ... that is.. I" she now was stumbling over words that she knew might hurt him when another girl fell quite literally head over heels for him. Andy could only smile.
"Are you ok?" perhaps once again fate was stepping in and she would not get a chance to say anything to him.

Dominicus felt something his leg and a moment later heard someone say hello.
He turned his head and looked down at the girl beside him.
Unsure what to say, Dominicus reached out a hand and pulled the girl to her feet.
Dominicus was now very confused.
He had been waiting for Andromeda to say something obviously important to her and now he had found himself being headbutted in the legs by a girl with very odd shoes...

Cassandra smiled at the girl who spoke to her, "Fine, thanks muchly."
She gladly accepted the boy's hand to help her up and after a moment she was standing up, grinning and peering down at her shoes.
"I really should cut the front off these- Yes, it would be a bit draughty but maybe I'd have less accidents." Cassandra laughed and then paused, she looked up, her eyes rapidly moving between the girl and boy.
"Sorry if I'm interrupting- Owl me your complaints- I'm Cassandra Samander." She held out her hand crossed over so she could shake both people's hands at the same time.

"Dominicus Olaf" Dom replied, shaking the girl's hand.
She was very peculiar. Very peculiar.. But Dominicus thought she was quite interesting.
Maybe they could be friends? That would be nice. An insane friend.
Who didn't have at least one insane friend? Dominicus didn't yet.
He then started to look at the girl more;
She didn't have a soft look to her hair like Andromeda's did but she had huge eyes. They were very nice and Dominicus began to wonder how old she was..

Andy shook the girls hand and smiling once more introduced herself.

"Hi Cassandra, I'm Andromeda but call me Andy and no, actually it wouldn't seem like you were interrupting anything" how could she be when Andy hadn't had a chance to string together a decent sentence. She did notice how Dominicus looked at the girl and couldn't help but think how fickle boys were with their emotions and wondered if Bruin felt like that at any time around good looking girls. She never once thought to consider herself one and Andy suddenly felt insiqnificant around the Cassandra and Dominicus.

She looked about her wondering if she should simply leave them to get to know one another, but what if she never got another chance to explain the situation to Dominicus and to return the necklace. Looking at him again, she didn't think he'd care overly much any way but she would. She simply couldn't accept such an expensive gift.

Dominicus held in a sigh.
He was fighting an internal battle; Andy or Cassandra?
He'd known Cassandra barely five minutes and he loved Andy. It was odd but he did. Well, he cared deeply for her.. Surely that was more than just a friendship?
He looked to Andromeda. Dom wondered if she'd ever got the necklace he sent.
"Sorry," Dominicus appologized on behalf of the cheerful Cassandra, "You vere going to say something?"

Andy shook her head, she couldn't really blurt out that she had to give him his necklace back and that his feelings for her were all misplaced. She looked quickly at the girl and wondered if they could end up together. Having tried to unsucessfully match make before, Andromeda felt inept at attempting it again.

"It can wait".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back