Mingling..?

Jordan Trace Vanderhol

OOC First Name
Steph.
Sexual Orientation
Ladies Typically
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Jordan walked the hallways of his new school alone. He was glad classes hadn't started yet as he believed everyone needed the first few days to adjust and make friends before work piled up onto them. He himself was walking the corridor on the fourth floor when he noticed a room called the Student Lounge. Wondering what it was he walked in. There he found mutliple students sitting and chatting with their friends. Walking to a chair in the corner he sat down and tuck his legs to his chest making himself a small as possible.

Jordan had a few quirks from living in an Orphanage and not having any friends. One was people watching, he enjoyed watching people and making stories about them in his head. They were filled with adventure as he never got to have any adventure for himself. Sometimes the stories including love, but Jordan was still a boy and so not very often was it including in his make believe stories. Now in the corner alone he watched the different people laugh and poke fun at each other as they caught up from the long summer break.

Ariahna Northwood was a curious girl. When first arriving in any new place, her first and pretty much only instinct was to look for things. To explore. She always liked not quite knowing what she was going to find, so she tended to go exploring into areas that had been deemed forbidden. Ariahna was just that kind of girl. She liked to find things out for herself, more than anything. She liked seeing things before believing them. It was why even at 11 Ariahna was skeptical about anything she couldn't directly see. it was why sometimes magic was something she disbelieved. Of course this was only for a brief moment. But, it still happened. Ariahna was walking the halls. Her long blonde hair bouncing as she walked. She had a small skip in her step and was acting almost hurried about it all. Even though she really wasn't. There wasn't much left for Ariahna to explore. And if she was honest, this was one of the days, when she doubted there was anything left to find. But no matter what, there were always friends to make. Ariahna was smiling as she walked. Ariahna was very happy. Gryffindor was her house. And she was incredibly proud. So much so, that she was wearing her gryffindor Jock jersey. It had been given to her mother when she'd gone to HOgwarts and Ariahna had been given it when she'd gone. And if Ariahna was honest it was the one thing that she actually didn't really take off. It was old, and it held so much in terms of memories and importance that with out it, the Gryffindorian almost felt naked. Which was mainly an over reaction of the young girls mind. She was a young girl after all, and making things a little more dramatic than they needed to be was something that she did pretty easily. It was something that she didn't need to try very hard to do if she was honest. Being somewhat bossy and controlling, it meant that being over dramatic happened when someone went against her. Ariahna tried to not, but it was second nature to her. And things that were second nature were hard to rub off.

Ariahna Northwood stopped just outside the room, named the Student Lounge. How have I not been here Ariahna's mind said. She knew that this room, had to be filled with people she could talk to. Ariahna walked in and felt herself almost glowing with happiness. So many students, talking brightly and quickly. It was perfect. Hogwarts was perfect. She couldn't imagine being at any other school. Ariahna knew that she'd be very happy at a place like this. All she needed was to make a number of friends that would help her out in the years to come, and who she could help. Ariahna walked into the room, and as she did so, noticed a boy sitting alone. He looked to be a first year, and since he was alone, and so was Ariahna, Ariahna just walked over to him. She brushed a few strands of the blond hair from her large blue eyes. "Hey! Whatcha doing?" Ariahna asked sitting down next to the boy. "Hogwarts is amazing right. I'm Ariahna. Ariahna Northwood."

Jordan smiled to himself as everyone around him shared there happiness of being back at school he couldn't wait till he got to experience such a thing next year. Looking around he noticed another younger student around his age walking around but quickly looked away when she began coming his way. Turning to face her when she started speaking he wasn't quite sure what to do. Not many people ever decided that he was worth talking too. "I'm just sitting, uh. Jordan Vanderhol," he still had to get used to having a last name. Ever since he joined the orphanage they took off his old last name of Smith and just left it as his first and middle name, but alot of the kids thought Trace was his last name cause he never felt like correcting anyone.

Ariahna was a very friendly girl. If slightly too friendly. She had had friends who were extremely nervous. And Ariahna was the type to nit ever give up on them. Not until she knew there was completely no way they would be friends. And she saw the same in the boy. A slight nervousness. It was quiet, just like he was. Ariahana just continued smiling at both him and the area around them. Her large blue eyes moving from sight to sight in the student lounge. She knew that it wasn't really the best room, since it was so busy, but she was sure that that was actually pretty short lived and it wasn't in fact that busy, just because it seemed so right now, lots of people greeting friend. She couldn't wait till that was her. She was excited to make friends, but she knew if she ever made friends who's first thought was to see her, then Ariahna knew that she had made very good friends. Ariahna looked to the boy as he introduced himself as Jordan. Good name she thought. "It's nice to meet you Jordan." Ariahna said to him. She knew that he might not share the same thoughts but she hoped that he wasn't going to hate her for disturbing his peace. BUt that was the nature of this blue eyed Gryffibdor. She generally didn't think that others would be as open as her so early on. She didn't know that most hadn't had as easy an upbringing as she had had. "What house are you Jordan?" Ariahna asked, still smiling, her voice bright and friendly. She was currently the happiest person alive and this somewhat showed in the way she acted and spoke.

Jordan smiled back to the girl. She seemed like a very happy and confident person, gryffindor most likely there was a slight chance for ravenclaw as well. He wasn't sure what she was so happy about, watching as she looked around the room smiling. "It's nice to meet you as well," he added into the conversation. He still had a new name to get used to, and a family to meet but having a few friends would be nice for the year he decided. "I'm a Hufflepuff, you?" He asked quietly wondering what the girl was like, if she was going to be a good friend for him or not.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry!

A smile was clear on Ariahna's face as her large blue eyes moved from Jordan to the room around them. It was such a good sight. it was one that she really did love. She wished to have a camera on her to catch the moment. But her muggle camera didn't work at Hogwarts and that was what she needed. She didn't have a wizarding version. She made a mental note to ask for one for her birthday. It would really be a great gift. She had never really wanted much in her life, but a camera sounded like a good idea. She grinned to herself as she thought of it. She nodded as he said it was nice to meet her. She was pretty sure he was saying that because she'd said it, and because it was the polite thing to do. It didn't bother her. She knew that politeness got a person brownie points. It didn't make her want to tell someone that politeness was silly. She pretty much loved it. She nodded, thinking that he looked like a hufflepuff. She'd had a small thought that he could be a Gryffindor, but then the blonde hadn't seen him around Gryffindor. It was pretty hard to find them, but she'd seen most of her the people from her house now. "I'm a Gryffindor." She smiled once more at him. She wasn't that shy a girl. She was friendly and pretty open, she had nothing to hide and didn't really see the point in hiding anyway, it really got the person no where interesting. She didn't think that the boy was of the same opinion. He looked like he was a lot more shy her. "i was brought up Muggle, and I went to muggle school and everything, but Hogwarts is a league of it's own when it comes to school. For one, no houses in most schools. And no magic. It's going to be an Awesome year. Hogwarts is going to be amazing." Ariahna was pretty excited, she hoped that she wasn't scaring the boy slightly. "I'm really excited about being here. Can you tell? I'm hopeless when it comes to not showing how excited I am. How are you finding it all so far?"

Jordan sat still has the girl answered his question and then continued to go off. "Um actually you do seem pretty excited to me," he admitted to her. He wasn't sure what to take of the girl, she was friendly but very hyper it was almost scaring him. But he tried to get over his fear of talking with people and moved so he was facing the girl fully. Ariahna would be a most interesting person to watch over the next seven years as they went through school togather. He himself was getting excited at the opportunity to talk to another first year, though his voice was still at it's usual quiet tone. "It's a very big castle. I'm used to a small orphanage in Auckland. But I got adopted by a witch and wizard just before school started so I'm excited for break to see them and meet my older sisters," he stated softly glancing around to see if anyone else was listening to them as well.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back