Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie was trying to work on her homework, specifically an essay for Transfiguration. But as she was sitting in the library with the book in front of her, Sophie was finding it hard to focus. Her mind kept drifting, mostly to the paper and all the work that had to be done, but sometimes to Gabriel and her hopeless crush too. She wondered if she could get away with watching him play if she pretended it was for the paper again, even if she hoped someone else would want to write about Quidditch for the paper. She didn't think her take on the popular sport was really popular with the students. Sophie sighed and looked at her notes for the essay, she really hadn't written much. She itched to go to the Hogwarts Monthly room to work a bit more on the next issue of the paper, but had promised herself not to do so until she had finished this assignment. But now, instead of doing it, she was doodling in the margins of her notes. Just random little scribbles as her mind drifted. She sighed again, wondering if she would ever manage to pass her sixth year with all these distractions.

Leda usually wrote fun. She wrote because things came into her mind and she liked to have them written down, and in time she came to retell her stories and entetainment her readers. She’d spent years entertained by her sisters stories of Hogwarts as a child, and there was nothing quite like letting your imagination run. This year however, Leda had been accepted into the Hogwarts Monthly, and while she would usually not worry that her grammar and vocabulary matched those of a ten year old, the Slytherin wanted to do more, as though she had a chance to prove herself that she could do it, and do it well. As she sat thumbing through countless numbers of books in the library, she eventually closed a volume of The Beasts of the Moon and slumped back in her chair exhausted and anxious. It would have been easier if Mervyn were here to distract and reassure her but she hadn’t seen him for what felt like forever. Glancing up and around the room, she spotted a Ravenclaw who had set her out on this task in the first place. Hauling herself out of her seat and throwing her bag over her shoulder, she tapped down the stone floor until she was at the side of Sophie. “How do you do it?” She asked, arms crossed over her chest. “How do you make sure students want to read it?” She was so far gone in her own world she didn’t even realise she may not have been making sense, nor that the older girl may have been busy. She just hoped Sophie would care to figure it out and tell her how she could be the best, and unforgettable.

Sophie was drawing a crescent moon on the page, surrounding it with small stars. She looked up as she noticed someone standing by her side, and recognized Leda Layton as one of the new members of Hogwarts Monthly. She wondered if the girl had a question about the upcoming issue, but the girl's actual question surprised her. "What?" She asked, frowning up at her. "Sorry, are you asking how I make people read my things in the paper?" She wasn't really sure what the girl meant. "I don't think they read anything by me specifically. They just read the paper." She shrugged casually. "In fact, I'm fairly sure most of them only skim it to see if they're mentioned in it or to get the gossip. I doubt anyone's looking for my articles specifically." The idea was enchanting, but unrealistic and silly. Sophie was never one to linger on unrealistic ideas that were basically just daydreams. Maybe one day people would go out of their way to read her words, but she wasn't there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back