Merlina Caliburn

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale
Full Name: - Merlina Caliburn
Birth Date: - August 28th 2011
Current Age: - 13 years
Basic Appearance: - 5' 5", shoulder lengthblack hair, pale skin, blue eyes and wears glasses when started school - I looked ghastly in first year. Not really much better but slight improvement.
Family:- No siblings.

Caliburn Family: Father - Vincenzo Caliburn- married to Acrecia Fiorelli
Aunt: Nastasia Caliburn
Grandfather: Abarmo Caliburn - married to Palmera Bianchi

Great-grandparents:(Abarmo's parents) Vincenzo Caliburn-Hortenzia Greco. (Palmera's parents) Merlin Bianchi - Francesca Barella.

Great-great grandparetnts: (Vincenzo's parents) Francesco Caliburn - Nia Adolfo
(Hortenzia's parents).Aldomo Greco - Apolonia Caretti

Great-great grandparents: (Merlins' parents) Carlos Bianchi - Anna Cortelli.
(Francesca's parents) Balthazar Barella - Merlina Carrow

Fiorelli Family:
Mother: Acrecia Fiorelli - married to Vincenzo Caliburn
Parents: Rodolpho Fiorelli - Sophia Adamo

Uncle: Giovanni Fiorelli
Aunt: Venus Fiorelli

Grand-parents: (Rodolpho's parents) Achilla Fiorelli - Irena Romo
Grand-parents:(Sophia's parents) Carlitto Adamo - Adephi Greco

Great-grandparents: (Achilla's parents) Roberto Fiorelli - Anna Caretti (Irena's parents) Alexander Romo - Annette Caliburn
Great-grandparents: (Carlitto's parents) Maxim Adamo - Pauletta Adolfo (Adelphi's parents) Acrecia Caliburn - Julius Greco

Pets, if any: - a lizard called Elgar
Area of Residence: - Tuscany, Italy
Blood status: pureblood
Hogwarts House: - Ravenclaw
Best school subjects : - Charms and DADA
Worst school subjects :- Herbology

What would their Patronus be? - possibly a dog, have always liked them and have always wanted one but mother was allergic to animals so could never get one.

What would their Boggart be? - not sure, probably the dark.

What would their Animagus form be? - would like it to be a dog like my patronus.

What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? - Being side by side possibly holding hands with my best friend Ryuu Arai

What memory could they use to create a Patronus? - Getting my letter for Hogwarts was a pretty thrilling moment. and meeting my best friend another.
Dear Diary,

I received my letter for Hogwarts today and am excited beyond words. My parents are thrilled of course though they would have initially preferred me to attend Hogwarts in Scotland. But as my only cousin attends Hogwarts in New Zealand, they wanted me to go there. I haven't seen her since I was five years old so really don't have any real memories of her. I wonder if she will remember me, my parents have said they will write to her and let her know that I will be arriving during the summer. My father in tow naturally, my mother does not like to travel but really I do think it has been an excuse all these years so we could not go anywhere.

But at least now I get to have my owl, I've always wanted a dog and could never have one and though an owl isn't anywhere close. It will do in the pet catagory for now. We will be leaving in another week or so, I can't wait. Just the thrill of travelling anywhere that isn't within twenty miles from my home is brilliant. Will write again soon, promise.

Merlina

Hey :D I have a few questions for you to help you develop your character more ^_^

You know the drill, I'm sure :oy: But anyway, you can answer IC or OOC, But I will ask OOC ^-^ .

Although Merlina hasn't started Hogwarts yet, what subjects is she most looking forward to?
What does she think will be her best and worst subjects?
Merlina seems to have quite a large family, does she see any of them often? If so which ones? If not, why not?
Merlina is an only child, has she ever wished for a brother/sister?
Does she have a good relationship with her parents?
Do her parents get along with each other?
What does Merlina hope to achive in her years at Hogwarts?
Can you describe her personality a little?
Does Merline have any plans for the future, anything she want's to do when she leaves school?
What's her favorite colour, and if possible, why?
What's Merlina's deepest desire/wish?
Does she like living in Italy?
Has she ever wished to live anywere else?
I know she's only 10, but has she ever thought about marrige and children, does she want either?
Her parents, what do they work as?

That's all I can think of, bye for now :D .

Linda, what Nicole said ^_^
Only got a few more, but just doing my bit :D
[ul][li]Does Merlina like her appearance?</LI>
[li]Is there a particular reason she hasn't seen Andy in so long?
[li]What house is Merlina hoping for? Any she particularly doesn't want?
[li]I take it you're waiting for pureblood approval, if accepted, will your character support pureblood prejuidices?
[li]In fact, how can you be pureblood if you've got a muggle great grandmother? -ignore if you aren't applying to be a pureblood-
[li]Does Merlina have any similar traits to dogs? [for patronus/animagus]
[li]What kind of owl does she want, if any in particular?
[li]Does she have any peculiar quirks?
[li]What is Merlina's favourite hobby?
[li]There seems to be a few squibs in the family, any particular reason?
<LI>[li]Can her uncle roll his tongue? :p
[/li][/ul] Wow, that was a big few :oy:
Anyway, yeah. ^_^

Thanks for the gazillion questions guys :p will answer all of these IC.

Although Merlina hasn't started Hogwarts yet, what subjects is she most looking forward to?
I cannot wait to try DADA and charms, what witch or wizard wouldn't be? The opportunity to finally use a wand is exhilarating.

What does she think will be her best and worst subjects?
I guess my worst would definitely be astronomy, I mean what use is learning anything to do with the planets? I saw a map of the stars once and the names were just way too much altogether to get my head around.
My best will probably be flying in first year after that we'll see how it goes. I haven't flown or anything before on my own but am real eager to learn.

Merlina seems to have quite a large family, does she see any of them often? If so which ones? If not, why not? I see all my grandparents and aunt alot as they live close by. As Italian families go ours is pretty small. I have friends who have tons of cousins and lots of siblings. I only have the one cousin who I don't get to see at all really or my uncle and aunt. But they lived in Ireland with my aunt (through marraige) family up until my cousin had to attend Hogwarts and then they moved to New Zealand. My uncle has since died and Maeve remarried, so I don't get to see my cousin really. But there's like five years between us so we were never that close anyhow.

Merlina is an only child, has she ever wished for a brother/sister?
OH Lord yes, our house is big and empty except for when my mother complains about her headaches and then the house is completely disrupted. My grandmother always says that if she had more children she would have less time to complain and worry about herself.

Does she have a good relationship with her parents?
I guess I have a good enough one with my father, he's great I guess in small doses but he's not much of a family man more a corporate man while my mother prefers to be with her friends and has told me way too often how underfoot I get alot. I love being with my grandparents though.

Do her parents get along with each other?
I know they love each other, they always say so but sometimes I think even this is for show. They do get along well enough I suppose, they certainly don't argue when I'm about anyhow.

What does Merlina hope to achive in her years at Hogwarts?
I'd just like to become a formidable witch, go on to maybe a ministry position but I don't know which one. I'm only ten, I haven't given that far ahead alot of thought yet.

Can you describe her personality a little?
I guess I'm quiet enough, quirky but not excessively so. I don't like confrontation but that doesn't mean I'll back down from it either. I like making friends but don't like being made a fool of. I'm not gullible and I hate people who are prejudiced.

Does Merline have any plans for the future, anything she want's to do when she leaves school?
Not yet, as I said in a previous question - maybe a position in the ministry but as I'm only ten I really haven't thought it through but I'm sure I will.

What's her favorite colour, and if possible, why?
I like greens and pinks, always have. I don't know why maybe I just think green is a nice earthy colour and pink is just so damn cute.

What's Merlina's deepest desire/wish?
To have my very own Scarlet Streak someday. My dad says when I have finished my first year of flying he might consider it.

Does she like living in Italy?
I love Italy but I have had nothing to compare it to, as this is my first time out of the country. I love the sun, the heat, the smells, the friendliness, the passion for everything from food, to wine, to art to people. Italians and Italy are just the greatest, but I am biased.

Has she ever wished to live anywere else?
Nope, but like I said I haven't been anywhere and never wanted to go anywhere else to live, well... that's not true. When mom gets her headaches, I wouldn't mind going to live with Nano for a while but he's only up the road from us.

I know she's only 10, but has she ever thought about marrige and children, does she want either?
I suppose someday, every Italian knows that they will most likely marry and have a large family. It's inevitable, of course my parents were exceptions - I suppose my grand-parents were as well. I'd probably like just a boy and a girl but we'll see. It all depends on if I ever grow up and meet Mr. Right doesn't it?

Her parents, what do they work as?
My father works for the Italian Minstry of Magic in the Department of Magical Co.operation. It sounds very long winded and important but I really don't know what he actually does there. My mother is a stay at home Mom which is just as well, she hates travelling even if its only down the road. That's why my father was the only one to come with me to New Zealand until school started.

Oh you are good... :cool:

Does Merlina like her appearance?
I've never really thought about it, I know most girls at home are beautiful and tanned and I'm very ordinary with my black hair, pale skin, blue eyes and glasses. I'm about as average as they come so I suppose I don't mind it really. I don't scream when I look in the mirror or anything which is a positive.

Is there a particular reason she hasn't seen Andy in so long?
I think Andromeda started in Hogwarts when I was about 5 or 6 yrs old and the same year her father died. My uncle after that things just went quiet. Her mother was never a big fan of our side of the family and from what we can gather, or at least from my ease dropping Giovanni (my uncle) was having an affair with a really nice woman from New Zealand and was going to leave Maeve anyhow. I can remember him a little but they only really came to see us during the summer and once she started at school we just didn't see or hear from her at all. I don't know what to expect to be honest, I'm a little bit nervous of meeting her but I can remember silly little games she used to play with me and she always let me play with her dress up dolls too. So she can't be all that bad.

What house is Merlina hoping for? Any she particularly doesn't want?
I really haven't thought this one out. I'd be happy I guess with any of them but would probably be a little apprehensive if I got into Slytherin. It's supposed to be full of mean students and maybe that is a very wide view to take but I just don't like mean people.

I take it you're waiting for pureblood approval, if accepted, will your character support pureblood prejuidices?
In fact, how can you be pureblood if you've got a muggle great grandmother? -ignore if you aren't applying to be a pureblood- She's actually my Step-great grandmother - my great-grandfather remarried. (sorry I was busy copying and pasting back and forth that day. It's on the original though -will have to resubmit now <_< )
No I won't support anything of the sort - I already had a run in with two girls and they pretty much called me a mudblood which was unfair but I didn't correct them any. I didn't feel I needed to justify who I am and I feel sorry for those that think they do. Blood is blood sure but there are more important things to worry about.

Does Merlina have any similar traits to dogs? [for patronus/animagus]
Other than my big shaggy mane of hair and puppy dog eyes, no I think I look fairly human.

What kind of owl does she want, if any in particular?
I am so hyper about that - I can't wait to go and pick. I'd love a snowy owl they look only beautiful or even a pygmy owl. So tiny and so cute. I'll probably get inside the shop and want the lot!

Does she have any peculiar quirks?
Oh ... I chew my hair. It's awful I know but when I get nervous or if I'm concentrating really hard I tend to put a piece of my hair in my mouth and nibble. I don't bite it off and swallow or anything.

What is Merlina's favourite hobby?
I cook. Sounds silly for a ten year old but ever since I was four I've been helping my gran in the kitchen. I love making pasta from scratch and different tomato based sauces. I love making my own bread as well. My Nano - my grandfather built an old fashioned stove out our backgarden last year, now we can do pizzas in an open oven. I make a mean pizza too.

There seems to be a few squibs in the family, any particular reason?
We try not to talk about them for some reason, which I find strange. Nastasia is actually really sweet but we just don't talk about the squibs. I'll probably ask more about it when I'm older, I simply get the brush off when I ask any questions now.

Can her uncle roll his tongue?
I'm sure when he was alive, Uncle Giovanni was a mean tongue roller but I'll have to ask my cousin if and when I get to see her. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back