Meeting new people

Jarrod Passfield

Jarrod was walking around admiring the school grounds when he came across the cliffs, Jarrod smiled a small smile as he walked up to the edge, he closed his eyes, spread his arms and felt the breeze on his skin.

After what seemed like an hour of walking around aimlessly, Trixie came across the cliffs. Its beautiful, she thought, breathing in the smell of the salt water. She plopped down on the grass, brought out her book and started reading.
Suddenly, she heard the crack of a twig to her right. Looking up to see who it was, she saw a boy walking towards the edge of the cliff. Just a slytherin, she thought noticing his uniform. She shook her head and returned to her book. For no apparent reason she glanced up again at the boy. He was still getting dangerously close to the edge and looked like he didnt intend on stopping. Alarmed, she threw her book down and stood up. "Hey...!" she yelled out. "Are you crazy?!"

The voice startled Jarrod and he spun around so suddenly, that one foot nearly slipped off the edge, he quickly regained his balance. He rolled his eyes at the girl "I was just admiring the view!" he sighed.

He squinted at the girl on the grass. "Oh crap, Trixie??" He asked excited yet confused noticing that the girl on the grass was wearing the Ravenclaw uniform and he had predicted that Trixie would be in Hufflepuff.

Trixie sighed in relief as the boy moved away from the edge.
Confused when he said her name, she took a closer look at his face then it came back to her. "Jarrod? Hey!" she said blushing slightly as she remembered the first time they met at the train station. "For a second there i thought you were some crazy slytherin with a death wish ready to jump" she joked.

Jarrod grinned as he realized it was Trixie. He laughed as she said she thought he was gunna jump. He sat down on the grass next to her. "Wow, so your in Ravenclaw??" he felt somewhat relieved that she wasnt in Hufflepuff, even though it meant that his prediction was wrong. "How'd you fool the hat?" He joked.

Jarrods common smirk returned "Its good... Met tons of people just like me" He nodded. "How bout you?"

A sudden thought crossed Jarrods mind and you could read the shock on his face
"Are... Are you a mudblood... i mean Muggleborn?" he quickly corrected himself.

Trixie looked at Jarrod and saw his expression. Unsure of how to react, she said "Yea.. i guess if thats what you call it around here, why..? you say it like thats a bad thing" then she frowned. "Whats a mudblood?" She didnt like the sound of that word.

Jarrod felt torn he was interested in Trixie, she seemed like an interesting person... but she was a mudblood. "Its nothing..." Jarrod added quickly, refusing to make eye contact "Forget I said anything..."

Trixie scrunched her nose. Now she was really confused, and one of the few things she didn't like was being left in the dark. Besides, she could tell that it bothered Jarrod and she wanted to know why.
Trixie paused, thinking of what to say next. "Can you just tell me?" she stopped. "Please?" she added with a hopeful smile, hoping maybe that would help convince him to tell her.

Jarrod looked at the ground, he didnt know what to say, her sincere face had him highly explaining it, but considering he just insulted her he really didnt wanna tell her. Jarrod bit his lip and refused to mak eye contact.

Trixie waited for Jarrods response but all she got was uncomfortable silence. "Wow, is it really that bad?" she laughed lightly. She made a mental note to find out what exactly a 'mudblood' was later on if he wasnt willing to tell her.

Jarrod bowed his head... if he didnt tell her, she'd find out some other way... and that would be worse. "It's a insult to muggleborns... it kindve classes their blood status at the same level as mud." he studied his hands "Im sorry... i didnt mean to..." his voice drifted of.

Immediately, Trixie drew back. She felt insulted, and if it had been in any other situation, she would have said something back to defend herself. But Jarrod was different, atleast she thought so. Trying to find the right words to say, all she could manage was "Oh..". She looked away hoping he wouldn't see the disappointment and hurt in her eyes.

Jarrod wasn't sure but he thought he saw pain in Trixies eyes. "Im really really sorry" he said sincerly "I didnt mean to say it..." he looked down "I'll make it up to you"

Trixie looked at Jarrod in the eyes. She was surprised to see that he actually really did look like he meant his apology. When he said he could make it up to her, she looked down and smiled but quickly covered it up by frowning so he wouldn't notice. "Hmm.. " she said drifting off.

Jarrod smiled as Trixie looked away pretending to seem uninterested in his offer, but he knew she was cracking "Cummon!" He grinned at her and tried to see her eyes "What do you want me to do?"

He looked at Trixie seriously "I mean it.." he said. He groaned "Cummon put me outta my misery what do I have to do?"

Trixie grinned. "You are going to come with me tonight into the Forbidden Forest, whether you like it or not." she stopped. "BUT only after you go in the middle of the quidditch pitch and sing a muggle nursery rhyme, which will end with you yelling the phrase 'Trixie rocks and no one is cooler than her' " she ended in a fit of giggles.

Jarrod groaned as he heard what he had to do, but he never backed down from a dare "Fine! Get up, lets go." He stood up and offered a hand to pull her up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back