Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Redwood Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Just another normal day for Ai Edogawa, third year Hufflepuff. It's been quite a while since she was feeling a bit happy, and it can't be helped. She had managed to make friends without losing her temper. And it was a female! Not only that, she managed to have a conversation with Kate which she didn't do in quite sometime. Now she knew the value of friends more than ever. Without her brother, her world just seemed lonelier and sadder than it always has been. Conan was a big part of Ai's life, but after the fight, she knew that she had to move on at one point. She had already wasted a year on it, and she was not about to waste another. She stood up from her bed after an afternoon nap and took a short bath before getting dressed.

Today's destination? The Library. The last time she went there was probably during her first year, and she had a lot of catching up to do. Especially on her worst subjects, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Herbology, but she had to maintain her favorite subjects too. As soon as she got there, she pulled out a number of books that she thought might be useful before searching for a vacant table and desk. When she found one, she took a seat and laid the books on the table, reading each of them one by one to get information she needed to survive a year in Hogwarts.

Despite her young age, Roxan was already studying hard. She had been in the library straight after lessons for about two weeks, studying on her easiest and hardest lessons. While she found Defence Against The Dark Arts rather easy and simple, Charms completely confused her. She did not understand it at all... which is why she needed to read books about it. Try to understand it's concept! She daren't ask the teacher, not in front of her class! She could never do that. Roxan placed her school books on a table, and didn't even notice the Hufflepuff already sitting there. She quickly walked over to the Charms sections, and grabbed the correct books, along with her favourite Defence Against The Dark Arts. Rushing back to the table, she sat down and opened a book. Immediately, Roxan was absorbed in the text. She just had to understand this! How hard could it be?

Flicking a page, Roxan finally noticed the other inhabitant of the table. Blinking a few times, her eyes widened. Oh... Well, she just hoped that this Hufflepuff didn't expect much of a conversation. Then, her eyes wandered over to the pile of books. Roxan slumped. It seemed... one of the best Defence Against The Dark Arts books, another one of her favourites, was taken. It couldn't be that hard to ask if she could borrow when she was done. "Um..." She started, laying her book down. "C-could I borrow... that book after you?" She asked in a quiet voice, pointing to the book.

As engrossed as Ai was with the book she was reading for her most dreaded subject, Herbology, she didn't fail to notice the younger girl that had placed a couple of books on the same table she was occupying. She didn't mind though, as soon as the younger girl left, the Hufflepuff placed her attention back to the book which she finds hard to understand. She never really understood some points in the textbook that led to her understanding nothing. It really was her weakness, when she doesn't understand even a single context, she wouldn't be able to understand everything else. With a sigh, Ai moved on to a History book, planning to go back to Herbology later on.

Ai had noticed the girl come back with more books and just returned to the book she was reading as the younger girl probably didn't want a conversation to occur. "Yes?" she said as soon as the younger girl caught her attention she lifted her head to look at the face of the seemingly shy girl. The Hufflepuff gave her a gentle smile as she took the Defense Against the Dark Arts book from the pile she had collected and handed it over to the younger girl. "Or you can use it before me. It'll be a long time before I finish that since I have low understanding with the subject, so you go first," she said and waited for the girl's unexpected reaction.

Roxan nodded slowly, and took the book. "Thank-you." She looked at the older girl for a while, before getting back to the book she had laid shut. She remembered her page,which was a start. She used to always forget her page, and that was always quite bothersome. She always looked at the page number, and memorise that in her mind before doing what ever else she had to do. The trick had proved useful, that's for sure. Turning a page, Roxan was replaying what had just happened in her head. So, the older girl found this subject difficult? Well, she didn't find it that hard at all! That, and she had read ahead when she was bored. An idea clicked in her mind.

But, that would require asking! If anybody hadn't noticed, Roxan was not good with people! She had just about managed to ask for the book... No! She was being silly! It was just suggesting an idea. What's the worst that could happen, anyway? "Um, are you... any good are Charms?" Roxan mentioned slowly. If she was, well, then maybe they could help each other. She'd rather not completely fail her Charms class, and she was sure the older girl wouldn't mind some extra Defence Against The Dark Arts work if she really were as bad as she said. Besides, there was no harm in asking, was there? Just... simple curiosity.

Ai was glad that the girl had accepted the book, and as soon as she received the thanks, she nodded her head in response and said, "You're very much welcome." She watched as the younger girl diverted her attention to the book, and Ai though that she might as well do the same, after all, there was not much time before vacation was over. She only had less than a week to prepare herself for the upcoming lessons, and she was not willing to fail one more year in the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Nope. She can't afford to fail at all. Her attention was now once again completely on the History book she was reading. With a silent sigh she thought, "I'll probably have to read this again before, during and after class just to make sure it sticks to my head," as she continued to read.

It was not long before that the girl in front of the Hufflepuff had caught her attention once more. Not that she minds, of course. "Well, I guess you could say that. Passed my first year with flying colors, although I didn't attend my second year, I could mostly understand them," she told the girl in all honesty. She didn't want to lie, especially about her academic performance, of course, it was not in her place to do so. Charms was a fun subject for her. The complete of opposite of both Defense Against the Dark Arts and Herbology.

Roxan shut the book she was reading and looked at the older girl. Ok, so she was good at Charms. Now, all she would have to do is ask. That would be one of the greatest challenges of all. Taking a deep breath in, she shoved her hands under the table. "Uh... I'm quite good at Defence Against the Dark Arts..." She muttered quietly, before pulling at the lose thread on her cardigan. Oh for crying out loud, Roxan, just ask for some tutoring! She thought, sighing.

The young Gryffindor hummed slightly. "P-please could you... m-maybe tutor me in C-charms?" She had an almost pleading look on her face, and she bit her bottom lip. "And... I help you with...?" She trailed off. Roxan blushed and looked down. Why was she so nervous asking one stupid question?

If the younger girl wasn't so nervous, Ai may have let out a little giggle. She listened as the young girl seemed to be unsteady with her thoughts and told the Hufflepuff that she was good with Defense Against the Dark Arts. Ai let out a small smile as she nodded her head, "Yeah?" she said, urging the younger girl before her to continue with what she was getting at.

"Tutor you in Charms? Sure, no problem," she said with a carefree smile and listening more to what the young girl may have to offer. "Help me with Defense Against the Dark Arts, I suppose?" she said continuing what the younger girl was just about to say. "I've got no issues on that. But I am studying Third Year DADA, and I hope you wouldn't mind that," she said with a little wink. She extended her right arm for an introduction, "Ai Edogawa, 3rd Year Hufflepuff. Nice to meet you," she said with a welcoming smile, waiting to know the younger girl's name.

She gave a sigh of relief. Glad she got that over with. She nodded. "Thank-you very much." Roxan replied, letting her tense shoulders slump slightly, and she could feel herself relax in the chair. She was glad she was getting some tutoring, and now she was definitely glad when she had read ahead on DADA. It was her favourite subject, after all. How bad would that be if she didn't know the in and outs of her hobby? Besides, it was a rather useful subject. You could never know when you would need it most.

Roxan shook her head. "It's no problem. I read ahead." She was finding it easier to talk to this Hufflepuff, later she learned, called Ai Edogawa. It was a rather pretty name. It's Asian... Japanese, perhaps? thought Roxan, shaking Ai's hand with her own. "Roxan Fairbrother, First Year Gryffindor. What do you need help with?" She prompted on, almost excited to teach this subject!

"You're welcome," she answered with a smile as the girl had given her her thanks. It was quite a nice thought actually. "Seems like most of your nervousness is released now," she said with a little wink. Ai really couldn't help but notice the girl's tension and nervousness whilst trying to ask her for tutoring. And of course, the Hufflepuff was glad that those aspects were already gone.

"Seems like it's really your favorite," she said with with a small giggle as the girl told her that being taught Defense Against the Dark Arts wasn't a problem since she had already read ahead. It was a wonderful though, how the girl could understand what DADA contained. And with that thought in mind, she smiled. "Nice to meet you, Roxan! Well, I guess a bit of everything. Never really understood them since my first year. Almost failed class," she explained, a bit of embarrassing shown in her tone. It was really embarrassing though, since she was talking to a first year, apparently greater than her in terms of Defense Against the Dark Arts magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back