Many returns...

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda had finished studying for another day and felt completely at a loose end, there was only so much quidditch practise she could get in and there was certainly only so much studying her brain would let her tolerate. Her head was crammed with way too much information that she felt as if it would explode. Feeling that a simpe walk would help Andy had left the sanctuary of the Gryffindor House and began to just stroll about the grounds. The late afternoon was still very humid, she felt as if beads of sweat were trickling down the back of her neck, matting the ends of her hair. Catching it up and pinning it roughly up with the help of her wand, Andy was amazed at how quickly it grew. It was nearly to passed her shoulders already and she had only cut it up before Christmas. Essie had told her it was a magical thing and often happened.

Self consciously she walked about the grounds, wearing a plain white gyspy style summer dress that Essie had made for her. Andy didn't normally wear dresses, she thought they were so unpractical for the normal everyday things of life but the white cotton material was perfect for this weather and as she was always getting so heated lately weather wise or not, she thought it best to dress lightly. Simple raffia flip flops adorned her feet as she stopped walking. Discovering that she had walked right to the base of the North Tower. A sigh escaped her. She rarely saw Zuka these days, she was so obviously spending every waking moment with Brian. Andromeda decided to revisit the 'crime scene' and hesitantly at first she walked up the steps of the tower. Stopping when she saw a faint trace of blood on the step. Staring at it for a moment Andy let another sigh escape her.

Continuing up the steps of the tower she closed her eyes as the gentle breeze wafted in her face. It was a shame you had to come up so high just to feel it though. It felt great in the heat and Andy had expected to find others up on the tower enjoying the coolness but there was no one else. Walking to the furthest turret Andy recalled every moment of what had happened up here as if she were reliving it again and again. The kiss meant nothing to her now, once she had held it like a treasured secret within her now it was nothing but a tarnished memory. She missed him but she hated him too. He had said so many hurtful and horrible things to her, that they could never be taken back and though she had Carlisle to confide in now Andromeda knew that a part of her would always miss Brian.

An owl screeched overhead and looking up Andromeda recognised it to be Essie's, it got no closer but dropped the letter to her before flying quickly off again. Looking at the envelope first, Andy opened the letter with a somewhat puzzled expression. It was unlike Esmerelda to write to her during the school months unless something was up. The letter though was not from her god-mother but rather her uncle.

Angel,

I'm back. I've returned. I couldn't wait until the very end of the school holidays to get here, I had things to organise and plan. How do you feel about going home for the summer? Not all of it of course, as I know you have a job and probably other plans but how do you feel about returning to Ireland for the first few weeks of your holidays? I have taken care of your travel permit so you're free to travel this summer anywhere you wish. Please write back and let me know. I know you'll want time to think about this.

I have missed you so very much and I know this holiday together won't make up for everything but hopefully it will be a start.

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!

Patrick

Andromeda read the letter a second time and wiped a tear that had begun to find its way down her cheek. She could go home? She hadn't been back in three years, not since before her father had died. Now Patrick was going to make it happen. She smiled then, maybe things really were beginning to look up.

Violet was wandering aimlessly around the castle, feeling as though her brain was mush. Too much studying, she had found. She was drowning under her massive workload, wanting to stick an arm in the air and cry out for help - metaphorically, of course. Waving around in the air would look quite ridiculous. So instead, to clear her head, she thought she might as well walk up to the top of the North Tower, which had quite a lovely view and a nice breeze at the best of times. It was always a nice place to sit and read, or simply to muse and contemplate everything.

Walking up the stairs, Violet stumbled over the legs of her jeans - which were quite loose on her now, she needed new ones - and tripped up the stairs, her ballet flats slipping off her feat. "Damn," she muttered, skipping down a couple of stairs and slipping her shoes back on, as well as pulling her white shirt back down. Upon reaching the top of the tower, Violet noticed another, familiar figure, in the tower. "Andy?" she asked, not used to see her classmate wearing dresses. "Hey, what's up?"

((sorry it's bad, falling asleep :p ))

Andromeda turned to see Violet walking towards her and smiled. She hadn't seen her since that day in Brightstone, that very memorable day. Wondering how Violet had gotten on afterwards, Andromeda's smile broadened.
"Hey you, how have you been? Haven't seen you about in oh... let me see, how long a go did we have our weekend trip to Brightstone?" she grinned as she folded up her letter, "And do not say that classes count. Spill the beans girl, I want all the details and if you even attempt to pretend you haven't a clue what I am talking about then I will obliviate you as best I can. Which is not very well considering I've only just read about the spell so you'd probably end up no worse off actually" Andy was beginning to ramble again, which usually happened when she was excited or upset about something. Thankfully this time it was the former.

Violet couldn't help but blush as Andy pumped her for information about what happened that day at Brightstone - that day where she and Aries saw each other again for the first time since the start of the year. She should've expected as much, if Andy hadn't questioned her, Zuka probably would have. "I'd say I have no idea what you're talking about...but I'm no good at teasing people," she giggled. "Erm, well, we went back to the lawn and he, well, he kissed me," she blurted, as red as a tomato at this admission. "You don't have to try and obliviate me now, do you?" Violet asked, jokingly.

Andy beamed and just about stopped herself from punching the air.
"Oh my goodness, it must have been something in the air that weekend or something. Brian and Zuka ended up together. I met someone and you and Aries!" she almost squealed with delight, before taking out her wand and using the scourgify incantation cleaned the ground before sitting down on that particular area of the tower.
"I'm wearing white. I know the house elves would not appreciate trying to get the stains out if I went around sitting on dirt all the time" she was glad Violet hadn't passed any remark about her wearing a dress, it was so unlike her and up till now she had managed to by pass most people on her way to the tower.
"So Aries huh? Oh my god, you're the hufflepuff girl he was trying to ask me about, you have to be. Did he lend you a book?"

Violet giggled, blushing furiously as Andy pretty much gushed over her and Aries, although she did pause for a moment when she said she met someone, and that Brian and Zuka got together. Violet hadn't seen that coming. Then again, she didn't pay that much attention, but she had though that Andy and Brian would have gotten together. Or none of them would have dated - they were best friends, after all, wasn't that awkward? But she thought it was better not to say anything. "Fair enough. It's a nice dress, too, you wouldn't want to get it dirty," she smiled. Violet took a seat, not really caring about her jeans - they were her very worn pair. Almost too small - she was still growing far too rapidly. She'd have to buy more back home over the holidays, she thought to herself.
"He was trying to ask you about me?" Violet asked, the blush rising in her cheeks again. "Why yes, yes he did lend me a book," she replied, with a coy smile. "First time I met him. Then we sort of lost contact, despite being in the same castle..." She shook her head. "But who did you meet?" she asked, curious and nosy.

Andy grinned her instincts were still pretty much intact then.
"I knew it, I couldn't find out then who he was talking about then as I had to leave. Crikey if I had stayed and found out, you two might have been together sooner. Sorry about that Vi" she frowned, typical that love once again got mucked up before finding its way thanks to her.
"I met a French boy Carlisle Moonlight in Brightstone, pretty whirlwind stuff actually. I met up with Lemina's sister first actually, totally different to Lemi may I add. I don't think I've ever seen Lemina once with a boy but her sister... boy mad completely. Nice though, after a while" Andy laughed remembering that day.
"He's hoping to be transferred her next year actually but I won't hold my breath or anything. The chances of them taking more transfers is slim right?" she was wishing on every magical token or good luck charm she came across that he would get his transfer, she wanted nothing more than to have him here in Hogwarts.

Violet shrugged, smiling serenely. "Oh well, better late than never, right? It's not your fault at all!" she exclaimed, encouragingly. "All that matters is that it happened in the end," she grinned, happily. Violet's eyes widened - first at the mention of the French boy, those French boys were pretty cute, if her mother was to be believed...and then at the mention of Lemina's sister. "Wow, Lemi doesn't really talk about her sister much, guess I can see why!" she laughed. Of course, brothers and sisters were always so different. Her and Angus for example - she was a Hufflepuff, he was a Slytherin, except they got on very well. She was under the impression that Lemina and her sister didn't have such a blissful relationship. At least it wasn't as bad as Angus and Antoinette. It was like World War Three when they were together.
"Oh, I really, really hope he can," she said, earnestly. It seemed to Violet that this boy was a source of great happiness to Andy - just like Aries was to her. Andy seemed, to Violet, as though she had to deal with a lot - she looked so unhappy, so sickly, even, when she returned from Durmstrang, and now she seemed to be more like the cheery first year she had met - seemed like yesterday, but now so many years ago! "I'll go rally to Professor King and Professor Rambolt if it will help," she added, grinning.

Andy smiled and nudged Violet playfully.
"Hmm yes a petition to get Andromeda Fiorelli's boyfriend into the school that would look really good wouldn't it? People would think I'm completely desperate to resort to those measures" she laughed, folding the hem of her dress around her finger.
"Will you be doing anything exciting for the summer Vi?"
It was a basic question she knew but as she had found out lately, some people actually stayed here at the school for the holidays. Bizarre as that seemed, Christmas holidays she could almost understand she had done that herself but the summer holidays were just way too long to stay at the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back