Makes Me Wonder

Beau Hurley

The winter sun rose silently over the clouds, February had come around quicker the Beau would have expected. Already it was nearing the summer, and Toni's birthday.
He had never been good at choosing presents and he was already wondering what she would like or what he could get her.
Soon he found himself wondering around the North Tower, he had only been up here once or twice but he quite liked it. It was usually quiet up here, and even he had to admit the view was pretty epic. He continued to walk slowly down the hall, looking at the paintings, some simply empty frames, others crowded with immaculatly painted figures who walked around their frames talking idly amongst themseleves. He found it quite amusing listening to the people talk among themseleves and walking and listening he felt in a suprsingly good mood.

((Okay I know its a bad start, was lacking in creativity :p))

Thomas found himself sitting in his dorm room, once again, pouring over some book. He set it down on the bedside table and lay back on his bed. He found himself bored. He hated been bored. Sighing heavily, he got up and started to walk, where too, he didn't know.

Outside the common room he heard echoes coming from the floors below him. He wasn't in the mood to see a lot of people, maybe some new friends wouldn't hurt. he thought as he started to climb. After a few minutes of aimless wondering he found himself walking down the North Tower corridor.

Ahead of him, he was surprised to hear footsteps, it was normally empty up here, a good place to come and relax. Looking up Thomas saw a young boy walking along the corridor. He couldn't be too sure, but from the back, he looked like on of the first years, he hadn't yet met.

His pace picked up, he hated not knowing too many first years, especially the boys. He only knew a few by first name, through classes but that didn't really count. "Hey." He said friendly, when he was a few feet behind him. "Beau, isn't it?" He asked, the name finally coming to him.

Beau turned as he heard someone, "Hey," he said,"Yeah..." he said, he looked at the boy no names coming to him. "Sorry whats your name?" he asked, he recognised the boy but he hadn't exactly been social this year and he seemed okay. One thing Beau did know was that he wasnt a Hufflepuff, that basically gave him the green light.

Thomas smiled slightly when the boy said he was correct about his name. He didn't mind that the boy didn't know his name, he wasn't the most sociable boy, "Thomas, Thomas Smith. First Year Ravenclaw." He said stretching his hand out.

Thomas pondered the question, he didn't really know why he was up here, he just found himself here. He give a lazy shrug, "I don't know. Just sitting in the dorm, bored out of my mind. Decided to go for a walk, and well I ended up here." He said with a gesture that indicated where he was standing.

"What about you?" He asked in return. He knew Beau was a Slytherin, and it was a fair distance between here and the Dungeons.

Thomas nodded in agreement, "Yeah that's what I like about the Towers, no one likes to come up here much." He said happily. Sometimes he was lucky to get the tower to himself, a place to think, which recently was always about Autumn. Again his mind wondered to her, but he was brought back to another question from Beau. He give a sigh, "What can I say, I'm a typical Ravenclaw. Class by day, study by night." He said with a shrug. "I'm barely out of the common room or library." He said, figuring that would explain his absence a lot.

"I would say I don't see you much either, but I guess that would be my doing." He said with a laugh.

Beau laughed, "Your a right old bright spark im guessing then?" he asked. "Yeah well, I'm never in the library," he said shaking his head. "So where you from?" he asked his own English accent echoeing around the tower. It really was nice up here, quiet. His mind drifted to toni before snapping back to the present.

Thomas give a shrug, "Meh, I try my best. Beig in Ravenclaw you do have a standard to live up to." He said, something he knew all too well. He found excelling in classes easy, but the fact that he had too, was a bit danting. Thomas give a pretend look of shock, "You've never been in the library. Tut tut." He said jokingly.

"Oh I'm from Nelson, New Zealand." He said absentmindedly. For a school based in New Zealand, not a lot of people were actually from New Zealand, "I'm guessing your not?" He said in return to Beau.

Beau laughed, "What and in Slytherin your not?" he asked, his eyebrows raised but his tone clearly a joke.
"Well Ive been in once," he said scratching the back of his head and laughing, "But i've never studied in there," he siad shaking his head.
"Oh cool," He siad nodding, "Well I'm from England originally, but I moved over here recently," he said, "The weathers certainly better here!" he said laughing.

Thomas heard the tone in Beau's voice, clearly suggesting it was a joke, "Well, yeah." He said, deciding to play along with him, in an equally 'jokey' tone.

Giving a short snort, "To be honest, the library isn't even the best place to study. People constantly coming up to you asking for help and the librarians don't even keep people quiet." He said shaking his head, remembering the last time he went in, he came out with a headache, due to the amount of noise.

Thomas returned Beau's nod, "England is really cool. My grandparents live there, so I've been a few times. What part?" He asked out of curosity. Laughing he said, "Too right. The few times I've been to England it's been, rain rain rain and wait, oh more rain."

Erik was up in his dorm room lying down on his bed looking up at the cerling. Boy was he so bored. This school was so uneventful and so boring. At least in Erik's mind. This young Slytherin finally decided to get up and do something. Sitting up he ruffled his hair having it look just as messy as it always did.

Throwing on a black sweatshirt, Erik walked out of the dorm and wondered the corridors of the school. Sure there were plenty of people wondering the halls but really no one that Erik cared to speak to. Not that he cared to speak to many of the people anyway. His judgement of people made it hard to make conversation nonetheless make friends.

Erik finally found his way to the end of the corridors and then began his way up the stairs to the North tower. What were his chances of actually meeting someone. Might as well be alone in a quiet place.

As Erik entered the North tower he noticed two boys both in his age. One who Erik had saw in the Slytherin common room and the other that he had only saw from afar in lessons. "Hey" Erik said deciding to actually talk to the two boys maybe at least meet a few people finally.

Walking over he leaned up against the wall. "This place is usually empty" He said maybe more to himself, possibly to the two boys.

Beau laughed, glad that Thomas didn't get narky or embaressed by his bluntness.
"Yeah last time i was in there, there was no studying done," he siad grinning.
"South England? Chelsea. do you know it?" he asked curiously. He turned slightly as he heard someone else say hey, he recognised the boy as a Slytherin and after servying him for a second he nodded, "Hey," he said, not smiling and a little distant but all the same not unwelcoming. "Yeah theres not usually, but todays an exception," he said shrugging and laughing a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back