Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 14" Sturdy Yew Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
As much as Isaiah had beginning to enjoy the classes which he had currently, he was realising that his education would lack a number of things that he'd been doing in muggle school. Sure, he'd never really paid that much attention to them, but there was perhaps quite a flaw in this magical system he now lived in, where some subjects were just left behind. Like where was basic english, or even maths. Isaiah had always been very good at english, he had excelled in creative writing. He was truly good at that, and the other subject he'd been good at was maths. Two subjects that he had nothing about in this magical school. Potions seemed to be like science, History of magic was history, herbology was biology, and the others were mysteries, but this wasn't the kind of education which Isaiah was used to. It was a little off putting. he had really wanted to learn more on all of those subjects in this school, but it appeared like he really wouldn't be able to. Magic was so different from what he was used to. He loved it and he couldn't wait to learn hundreds of little things about it. He was however wondering what would happen to all of the things which he had planned for after school which he now had to change. He had always intended to be a writer of some sort, but without any guidance from an english professor how was he supposed to know which direction to take with any of it. Along with this, he had always thought maths was interesting, and the higher in the school he got the more interesting that it became. He was just now suppose to leave it. Isaiah had noticed that in the club academia there were a lot more books which were muggle.

It was after a conversation with one of the librarians, he'd been instructed to find an area of the library that was like maths, or as close to maths as he was going to get in the magical world. He'd found out that english was simply a matter he'd have to pursue alone. Which was really a huge pity. He grinned to himself as he wandered towards the section he'd been told to find. He wondered how interesting or close to what he remembered maths being. It took Isaiah a few moments to find but finally he stumbled upon the right area. Arithmancy. Now that sounded like maths. At the start of the section, he noticed two very muggle looking textbooks, and then after it them was a book about arithmancy. Isaiah pulled the three books out of the shelf, and walked to the nearest table. Where he opened all of them out in front of him just as he took a seat. He smiled down at the very familiar maths of the muggle textbooks, but then as he pulled forward the arithmancy textbook, realised that there was more to it than just maths in the same way that Isaiah knew it. He flicked through the pages. It didn't really make sense to him in the slightest. The first two normal textbooks made sense, but this strange third one did not make sense. He sighed to himself, and just pulled one of the more familiar books towards him. He began to read through it, reading all the examples, wondering if maybe he should do a few. However he realise he'd not brought a pen or paper, which was stupid of him. Instead Isaiah pulled out his wand and twirled it in his hands as he continued to read the book.

Holy bloody crap, this magic thing was too much to get used to so soon. Logan Vacarius did not know what to expect when he came to this school, as much against his will as ever. He loved being one of those non magical folk, or muggle, as they call them here. But apparently, he was definitely someone who had magic. He didn't want it. He couldn't explain it. He hated it. He missed Math, his favorite subject. There was no math here. And so far, Logan did not associate with anyone. Everyone here seemed to be the same as him. He was a freak of nature. Nothing could explain magic, nothing he could find in a book. Clutching his Algebra book to his chest, Logan fought with everything he had in him not to run away. He had to teach himself some Algebra. Well, Pre-Algebra. He was not good enough to go into the next step yet. He would in due time. Eventually, Logan decided what he wanted to do for his time here, and away from the freak classes. He had to find the library. He needed to be in the library. He had no idea how in the world he was a Gryffindor, but he was. He desired to be in Ravenclaw, the very same as his brother, Dean. But unfortunately, he was not. He was stuck in a house that he knew nothing about.

Upon entering the library, Logan walked further in and found more magical things about this setting. The books put themselves up! How would he get something down? He constantly forgot that he was a wizard and could just summon the books down. He walked further until he found a set of tables. His eyes rested on one with no one there, but someone else, a young boy his age, had a book open that caught his attention. His eyes loomed over the pages from over the shoulder of the other boy. He blurted out, "Oh my god, it is math." He found someone else who loved math or something like it. He knew that he just disturbed the other boy, doing whatever he needed or wanted, or was doing with the book. "I'm sorry, it is just, I get a little excited over seeing math in a magical place like this." He really was sorry for disturbing him though. He was a little more interested in the book at the moment.

Isaiah had been so overjoyed at the sight of something that was to him just so familiar. It was the one place in this world that he well and truly loved. He had always enjoyed maths in school, but this was different. This magical school didn't have those things at all. It was different in that maths was completely left behind. While he was looking forward to learning all the magic things that he could, he just wanted to be able to slowly let go of the things he had known. He was looking forward to trying this Arithmancy thing that he had beside the muggle math's book. It was as he turned the page he smiled as even more familiar maths stared back at him. It was at this point that Isaiah noticed another boy, who was looking at the text book that sat in front of Isaiah, only moments later did the boy show the same joy at the fact that he was face with something normal and muggle. Isaiah glanced up at him and continued to smile brightly. he loved maths a lot, and it was always good to see that someone else loved it too. Considering he was at a muggle school, he had not expected to find anyone who would like it as much as him

He had also doubted that anyone would actually know what any of it was really. Isaiah let his eyes follow the boy who was stood beside him, not at all bothered by his reaction. "I was really surprised when I found it in the shelves" he told him brightly, "I love maths, I'm so annoyed that we don't get to do it here at Hogwarts" he gave a little sigh. Knowing that maths was simply just not taught, clearly magical people had no use for it. "I'd like to do maths on top of the other subjects we're doing. It's practical" he said with a shrug, perhaps he'd found it useful, just because he'd dealt with it before. "I found this." Isaiah, pulled the Arithmancy book closer to him, and then towards the other boy. "It says Arithmancy, but from a small glance inside, it doesn't really look a lot like the maths from school, take a look" he gave a warm smile, inviting this other boy to at least sit, so they could talk about maths. He realised that it would be unlikely that he'd meet anyone else with an interest in maths.

The boy smiled at him which he returned with enthusiasm. Logan himself was a friendly person when the situation called for it. The other boy who appeared to be a Ravenclaw seemed to love math too. That did make logan a little jealous. He wanted to be in Ravenclaw. That wasn't fair. He could have been with this other boy he might have a lot in common with! His life was surly the worst of them all since his new upbringing to the magical community. He would be a lot better if he were in Ravenclaw. The boy said that he was surprised to see it on the shelf. He admitted to loving math. Finally, someone he would get along with on a spiritual level. That was something he really needed for a long time. He released a sigh full of relief as he sat down next to the Ravenclaw boy that reminded him a little of home. Of his brother. "Finally, someone else I can talk to about math. I was upset that I don't get to learn it here." That was the truth. Logan was desperate for a math class right now. How did this place stand without math?

The boy mentioned how he did math on top of the other subjects. Teaching himself? That was something Logan could really get into. He should get into that. The boy went to mention how he found a book called Arithmancy and it looked like math. Logan slowly opened the pages and noticed how alike it was. There might have been a magical version of math. Something he never considered! "Wow this is amazing! How did you find this? " Logan needed to know and know soon! He was just anxious to know more about this. It was one interesting thing! "Oh my name is Logan and I am a Gryffindor." That was a good introduction, right? Logan hoped so. This boy was his first real connection here at the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back