OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
''I can't get this stupid spell to work,'' Max said annoyingly after failing another attempt at repelling his Potions textbook with the Repello Charm. ''Why do we need to learn how to repel things anyway?'' He angrily threw his wand on the table and crossed his arms with a huff. It wasn't often that he found himself having trouble with casting spells, which honestly was quite a surprise to him, but for some odd reason, it seemed his wand was refusing to cooperate with him. It also didn't help that his best friend was sitting with him at the same table and that he couldn't help but feel a little stupid for being unable to cast the Repello Charm. It wouldn't surprise him if she had been able to cast it right away when Professor Corrins taught Ravenclaw the same spell last semester. It also didn't help that the guilt of not having sent Roo a rose was still gnawing at him, even though it was now early March. Sulking, Max stared out in front of him and quietly bit his cheeks.

Ruto definitely didn't want to be studying right now, and she couldn't help but continuously stare out the window where the sun was shining brightly, wishing that she was out there with it. She was glad that she had Max to study with though, even though he was being a little hot headed. She wasn't going to lie though - it was a little entertaining. She chuckled as he asked why they needed to learn to repel things anyway. "If you can't attract them with your charms, just repel them with your attitude." she said with a cheeky grin, wondering if it would even help him crack a smile, especially with the mood he was in. "Well, if you can't master that spell yet, what spells can you master? Maybe take a break and try something else for a while. You never know - you might come back with a clearer head and a better chance at casting it." Roo never usually gave advice, but when she did, it was advice she never took for herself. She had practice to do for Transfiguration, but she honestly wasn't bothered. She just stared at her textbook in front of her, not even bothering to pick up her wand and give anything a go.

Max shot Roo a particularly nasty look when she suggested that he repel his book with his attitude. He would have found her remark funny if he hadn't been so annoyed about everything today. ''Yeah, well, that's not gonna make me pass the subject, is it?'' the Gryffindor retorted. He would have mastered all of his subjects a long time ago if things were that easy to resolve. Unfortunately, he was going to have to practice a lot more if he wanted to master the ability to repel things. ''And then immediately get annoyed again? No, thank you, I think I'll just accept the lower grade.'' His parents wouldn't like that but anything higher than an Acceptable would be well... acceptable so he wasn't going to fuss over his grades just yet. ''What about you? I don't see you practising spells. Don't tell me you've got them covered already,'' he said, turning towards his friend. Sometimes he wished he could use her brains for a while, make use of how smart she was and ace his homework assignments.

I am sorry about the delay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back