Lovely, don't you think?

Isla MacNiall

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
The winter breeze sweep her face as she walked from the castle to the lawn and towards the rosebushes, the second place that she like around the castle except the trophy room. Even though the sun was up, the breeze was still chilly. Wearing her old winter boots, jeans, long sleeve shirt and a cotton coat she was okay all in all. With the cushion from the Ravenclaw dormitory, she also have some food with her; cookies and chips. The castle has a variety of snacks and she was trilled over it and dinner food was amazing as well.

Once she got at the rosebushes and saw the lake at once, Isla took a spot where there was an arch that was surrounded by climbing roses. It was red and pink, her two favorite colors, Isla is not that girly on her part and tends to be just the right eleven year old girl that likes both guys stuff and girls stuff. Isla laid the cushion on the grassy ground and sat on it, she put down the snacks she had on the ground with a tissue paper on it and started to much on it slowly.

Kaleb was FREEZING! It rarely got this cold back in Auckland, and Kaleb was finding that He had planned the year poorly. The uniform he had been supplied with wasn't very warm, and Kaleb had gone ahead and worn his pyjamas underneath as a pitiful attempt to keep warm.
The cold weather, though, wasn't distracting him from his search of the grounds. He found himself getting lost constantly, and eventually he became accustomed to walking in Circles.

When he finally decided to break his search pattern and choose a different direction, He found himself walking towards the Lake. It was amazing. Thankfully not frozen over (which didn't really surprise Kaleb. It wasn't that cold, Kaleb just wasn't used to it.)
Walking over to the Lake, he saw a girl, around his age, sitting by a lot of roses. Kaleb hadn't met anyone at HNZ yet, so he thought this'd be a good opportunity to gain a friend.

The first thing he noticed when he was within a few metres of the girl was that she wasn't in Uniform... Kaleb hadn't realised that mufti was able to be worn around the grounds... Honestly, he didn't actually know that much of the school. Especially not since his dad had gone off on a work trip a while ago.

Walking closer to the girl, Kaleb nervously said a quiet "Hello?"
As he noticed the array of snacks laid out, he began to wonder if he'd interrupted something...

As Isla was enjoying her free time and munching on some cookies, she was startled at the voice behind her, "Aye!" She said and almost choked at the bit she was eating. Isla stood up and looked behind her to see a guy about her age standing there, "Hi. I'm sorry, you scared me." Isla said truthfully, she did got scared because she knows she was alone a couple of minutes ago when she came here at the Lake.

She could feel the hotness of her checks as she started to realize what she had said, she thought no one will understand that except a Scottish. "Would you care to join? I'm not expecting someone, so, you're free to hang around except I only have one cushion to sit on." She explained and smiled. Isla was getting the hang of having new friends inside the castle and she was beginning to like the world she was put in by choice and her parents choose to let her go.

The young girl waited for the other person to speak but she wanted to offer the guy some of her snacks, "Would you want some?" Extending her hands with the pack of cookies on it. "I'm Isla, Isla MacNiall." Isla introduce herself to the guy.

Kaleb smiled as the girl stated her shock. He hadn't made an effort to be quiet... Maybe it just comes naturally when most of the time your try to avoid people...
"Sorry for scaring you... I'm kind of new to the whole 'being social' thing..." He said, half a smile on his face.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the site of her red cheeks. He was glad when she said that she wasn't expecting anyone. It reassured him that he hadn't interrupted anything.
"That's alright. This Cloak's too big for me, anyway..." He said, using his cloak as a seat as he sat down. Looking at the girl's Pillow, he immediately recognised the blue and bronze pattern of Ravenclaw, his father's former house... The house he'd expected to be sorted into....

"I'd love one, thanks!" He said with a smile as he plunged his hand into the bag, pulling a cookie out. "Nice to meet you, Isla. I'm Kaleb. Kaleb Bane." He said after swalling a mouthful of Cookie...

Kaleb sat back to look at the view that sat infront of him. The lake really was beautiful... Kaleb began to wonder if there really were Mer-people in the Lake, like he had heard in a rumor on the train... "I hope you don't mind me saying... but... I kind of envy you being sorted into ravenclaw... My dad was in Ravenclaw, and ever since he showed me his acceptance letter, I've wanted to follow in his footsteps... guess it's kind of ironic that I'm named after him, no? I was really suprised when i was sorted into Gryffindor... I've never seen myself as the Brave type... I'm usually quite shy, and you should see me arround heights... And... I'm talking too much, aren't I... I'll just be quiet now..." Kaleb quickly stopped talking as he realised he was just venting his fear. Why was he terrible at talking with ANYONE his age? Kaleb looked down towards the floor, slowly munching on the rest of his cookie. He wouldn't be surprised if the girl chose to just walk off...

Isla smiled as the guy apologized to her for scaring her, it wasn't a big deal for her and she's used to it somehow. "It's okay, I didn't get hurt on it." She explained and made him sure that she was fine. Isla nodded as the guy showed her his cloak that he would used to sit on it, she felt bad as the cloak is the one making him warm or he might have a double under it. "Do you have something underneath you? Like a sweater? I don't want you to catch a cold or flu." Isla's voice was sincere and friendly as well, she cared for lots of people, like the people she had met even it was the first time.

The young boy then introduce himself after she did and took some cookies out of the container she extended to him, she smiled and joined with him in the grassy ground facing the lake. Then she listened to him about how he envy her for being sorted into Ravenclaw, Isla giggled once Kaleb apologizes again for being talkative. She shook her head slightly and said, "You can say whatever you wanted to say to me. I'm here to listen. To be honest, I don't really mind which house I get into because I really don't know this kind of stuff, I was born and raised knowing there are no such thing as magic but here I am, in this school." Now she's the one who is becoming talkative and for her, it felt good.

Then she thought of something more reliable, "How about these ..." Isla trailed, thinking how she can explain what she was thinking to Kaleb. "We meet here every Monday and we pour out what have happened to us on those week? Sounds good?" The plan that she thought was good but she was worried that Kaleb might not like it but then again, Isla doesn't know what guys think sometimes, sometimes she can tell what are they thinking. "But for now, we can talk about more about ourselves, so, we can seriously know about each other." The thing about making friends is always smile after you talk and that's what she did, she smiled, a sincere smile.

Kaleb Smiled when Isla asked about whether or not he would be cold without the cloak. "I think this should be Fine, Really." He said, pulling down his collar to show that he was wearing Pyjamas underneath. He probably would have felt silly, if he didn't feel embarrassed enough anyway. The Girl seemed very friendly, and Kaleb was quickly feeling less and less nervous around her.

He was slightly surprised when she said she didn't mind Kaleb talking. His surprise turned to wonder as he learned that the girl was Muggleborn. He hadn't guessed it, but looking over what she had brought with her he noticed that most seemed to be non-Wizard brands. "Wow... I can't imagine how that must be... My Dad was Muggleborn too, and My Mum is a Squib so I've always been around Magic..." He said, revealing a secret about his family not many people knew. He knew his Mum wouldn't mind. She didn't keep it hushed up, people just didn't ask. They usually didn't realise, especially with how much Potion work his mother did. Kaleb had been taught a lot about potions from his Mother. Especially about how accurate things had to be.

When Isla proposed the Idea of meeting up each week to talk about what had been happening in their lives, Kaleb realised one of the reasons she was in Ravenclaw: Creativity. Kaleb wasn't all that inventive, although he was very good at adapting and modifying things. "That's a Great Idea! And Next time, I'll bring the Cookies!" he said, smiling.
Talk about himself... Hmm... What to say? "Well... Umm... As I said, I'm Half-Blood. Both my Parents have brought me up with a love for Potions... Maybe something normal... Oh! I have a cat over in the Gryffindor common room. He's the son of My Dad's Cat. For a laugh we named him Mynx, as it's the same name as my Dad's cat and he looks exactly the same, just smaller. That means in my family we've got my Mum, My Dad (Kaleb Bane Sr.), My Dad's Cat (Mynx Sr.), Me, and My Cat (Mynx.) " He said, hoping to say something that'd interest Isla.

The young girl frowned on the word squib because it was the first time she's hearing the word, or he just said it wrong she thought and titled her head slightly on her right because of her curiosity of the said word. "Mind if I ask what is a squib?" Isla asked shyly, she's not forgetting though that she is new to this and she will have to know everything to understand the world. She then took two chips out of her plastic container that was holding the chips and took a bit on both of it, making the crumbles go on her coat.

Isla didn't bother to dust her coat and kept munching on the chips that she was holding. Her lips tattooed a smile when Kaleb agreed to the plan she thought just a few seconds ago, it will work as she might not see him that often and if they have the same classes, then its only luck. Then he went on to talk about him, she noticed that he didn't said anything about siblings which means, they have the same family status except for the pet they have. "I noticed you don't have any siblings? I have the same problem but I won't call it a problem because I'm happy being an only child." Isla said, on her opinion, she doesn't want any siblings because Isla doesn't want her siblings to be like her, a weirdo.

Taking another chip on the container, Isla munched it on whole and then dusted both her hands, so that the chip crumbles where on the ground. After she dusted herself, even her coat, Isla laid on the ground and stared at the sky, the clouds were forming in different kinds of shapes. "I'm muggleborn, that's what I heard from one of those Slytherin people. I have a dog, he is sleeping at my common room right now, so I didn't bother taking him here. I'm from Scotland, my mom work as a tour guide and my dad is a detective and a laird on this little village where I grew up ... And I still do muggle school stuff." Isla said, telling him her family portrait and stuff but what bother her was that the other Slytherin students called her a mudblood. How can she be a mudblood when her dad is a royal blood? Isla doesn't understand anything about what they are saying.

"If you are raised and born with magic, can you tell me about the four houses and why is that Slytherin students are so mean to others?" She asked suddenly, maybe because she met someone that is just playing friendly with her and doesn't really want to be her friend, or maybe because of her status as the daughter of a Laird that some likes? Isla thought that for a moment and closed her eyes.

Kaleb was surprised at Isla's question. He'd have to get used to things like this.
Of course, he shouldn't expect people to know everything about the wizarding world. Especially not if they're new to it. "Squib's the term used for people born from a Wizard family without any Magical Ability. Luckily, as my mother has made use of, this doesn't mean you're useless in the world." He said, with a sincere smile.

Kaleb took the last bite of his Cookie while Isla spoke. He Smiled and said a simple "Same here..." when Isla mentioned being an only child.
Kaleb listened intently as Isla spoke about herself. From what she had said, it sounded like a Slytherin had called her Muggleborn rather than... the other term... It surprised him. Didn't sound at all like the Slytherins he had seen around the School... He made a note to bring his cat next Monday, as for some strange reason Mynx always managed to get his way with Dogs, often become friendly with them.

When Isla asked him about the four houses, Kaleb smiled. It was one of the things his dad had gone over with him a lot before he left. "Well, the four houses are based around the four founders of the Original Hogwarts. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Apparently each had very strong aspects of their personalities and beliefs. Slytherin believed that only those of pure wizarding blood should be allowed to be taught, Ravenclaw decided she would teach those of highest intelligence, Gryffindor decided to teach those with Brave hearts, And Hufflepuff decided to teach anyone and everyone without any bias. The sorting hat is there to follow their wishes and to sort them were the founders would want them based on the student's personalities. It seems usual to sorting that not all Purebloods are in Slytherin. It seems those who follow in Salazar's footsteps of being power-hungry and having hatred for those who are different or not 'pure'." He said, relaying all he knew from the bed-time stories his father used to tell him. "It seems most Slytherins seem to hate everything about Muggles. If it was up to some Slytherins squibs and Muggleborn, or as they call them: Mu...oh wait, never mind.., would be exiled from the wizarding world and be stripped of their wands..." He continued, expressing his obvious dislike for this kind of Slytherin.

Her eyes were still closed as she listened to Kaleb, it seems he left out some important details about something and she can tell by the change of tone of the last part. Isla opened her eyes then and frowned, sitting up again, looking at Kaleb. "Or as they call them what?" She asked, Isla figured that the other name they call muggleborn is not as good as they call her now. She raised her right hand, her shoulder just the right straight length, it didn't go high like you wanted to be pick by a teacher to answer a question. It was more like a promising raised hand. "Raise your right hand and promise me that you will tell everything you know, you won't think twice and you will tell the truth. I'm your friend now and its staying that way as long as we don't fight." Isla's tone was serious and assuring.

She hates losing a friend and she will not let that happened now that she is alone here except that her childhood friend is here but then again, a new one will be great for her. Isla put down her right arm on her side and sigh, she then hug her legs as she stared at the lake, it was calm and dark, she wish that it was summer, so that she can swim in it and forget that she was in a world full of mystery and weird things. Isla then looked around her and saw that they were surrounded by roses and that an arch was above them, a blooming rose was at her side, climbing on those arch. She picked one and didn't thought about the thorns that a real rose has, she was used to seeing wild roses and that kind doesn't have any thorns whatsoever.

A cry of pain burst out from Isla as she sucked the palm of her hand, "Not now." She thought aloud and looked at Kaleb.

Kaleb cringed slightly as Isla asked him what he was going to say. He didn't want her to be offended...
"The Slytherins often call Muggleborns... Mu... Mud-Bloods..." he said, slowly as to not try to cause Isla to become upset...
As Isla requested, he raised his Right hand and stated; "I, Kaleb Bane Jr, Promise Isla MacNiall, that I shall tell you everything I know, that I won't think twice and that I shall tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." He said, semi-seriously.

He understood her concern about being lied to. There was nothing worse than the feeling of Betrayal. It reminded Kaleb of just before his father left. He had said he'd be back the next month, just a few weeks before his 9th Birthday... Unfortunately that never happened and Kaleb hasn't given up hope that his Father will reutrn... He didn't blame him, especially not with how much of a dangerous subject he had been studying... Lucky for him, he still had a lot to remember and thank his dad for. The cloak he was sitting on being one of them! His Grand-Uncle had enchanted it for his dad, adding a weightlessness and an extension charm onto one of the pockets.It became very useful for Kaleb's Emergency and Survival Supplies... a lot of them were potion substances his mother had given to him.

Looking over to Isla, he saw her attempt to pick a rose. Just before he was about to warn her, she yelped out in pain and Kaleb saw a small pool of blood appearing from the palm of her hand. Jumping up, he quickly reached into the enchanted pocket of his cloak and pulled out a small tub. He reached out for isla's hand, and using his other hand to open the Tub, he rubbed a small amount of the solution into her hand.
"It's Essence or Murtlap. Should help with the pain, and make it heal a lot faster. My mother has me carry stuff like this around. I think she hopes for me to become a healer when I'm older..." He said, rubbing the mixture into the wound, like his mother had shown him.

Isla smiled as she heard Kaleb promised to her despite the fact that she had blood on her hand and it stung as hell. Then her smile faded, her hunch was true, but she can't understand still; why build a school that has four people and that has different look on people? That isn't fair at all She thought. Isla's face became disgusted from the tub Kaleb took from his coat, the young boy explained what it was and what is the name. "Same name, same appearance." She said as she looked at her palm while Kaleb was putting some murtlap on it, it does look like disgusting and it smells awful as well.

"Is healer some kind of a voodoo priestess or something? cause I think I'd rather be a forensic pathology than healer." Isla's statement seem kinda rude on her part but she was just asking and she was new to magic and how the law works here. Once Kaleb was done with it, Isla made sure to dry it before accidentally holding something and it might stick on someone. "Hey, I was thinking to make a club here, if they do have, more like a muggle something to do like choir or sports. I heard their sports here is intense, I don't want to go home on holidays looking like a vegetable." She joked but there are some true things on what she said about the sports in the Wizarding World.

"Yeah, it IS pretty sickening..." He said in reply to Isla. He remembered the first time his mother had shown his Murtlap. His eyes had been close to watering. Nowadays, he had become quite used to it and ithardly bothered him. He couldn't tell wether or not it had destroyed his sense of smell, but he could still smell a good pizza from a while off so he doubted that was the case.

Kaleb laughed at the thought of him becoming a Voodoo Priest. Minus the actual Voodoo, she wasn't that far off... "Kind of... By Healers I mean members of the wizarding community who specialize with potions and spells to heal wounds, cure ailments and prevent diseases. Like the people who work in the hospital wing or St. Mungo's, the Wizard's Hospital." He said, Crawling over to the lake's edge to clean off his hands. When he returned he placed the tub back in his cloak and continued to listen to Isla.

"You're not exactly wrong about the sports over here... You heard of Quidditch? It's the most common sport in the wizarding community. It's also rather dangerous..." He said, remembering a picture in an old Daily Prophet of a Quidditch player being thrown off his broom by a Bludger... He had a little bit of flying practise with his dad when he was little, yet he had never actually seen a real Bludger or Quaffle. In Kaleb's opinion they were a bit too solid...

Once the murtlap was drying up on her palm, she laid again and took some cookies this time using her un-murtlap hand. She bite into it, taking of half and the other half was on her hand. Isla nodded at Kaleb's question about Quidditch, "I've heard about it when I was staying at the Leaky Cauldron, some girl I met there told me about it." Isla explained and pop the last half of the cookie onto her mouth. It was rather getting warm a bit as the sun shone high above them, making her sat up again and took off her coat, she was wearing a coat rather than the school cloak that her parents bought. Isla felt more like normal if she is wearing a coat rather than a long cloak that it almost touching the ground.

"Why is it dangerous?" She asked while taking off her boots and high knee socks, Isla was thinking to dip her foot on the water despite the cold but they said that it keeps the muscle of the foot relaxed. I hope it's not that murder freezing she thought to herself and stretched her legs to the edge of the lake that was 5 feet away from them and dip her toes first, the water was decent cold and not going to kill you cold. Isla dipped half of her legs on the water and felt a shiver through her spine.

"Oh! You were staying at the leaky cauldron? I haven't been there since I was, like, five! Still as cool as it used to be?" kaleb asked, remembering the unforgettable events that happened in that tavern... He could remember it so clearly, and if he remembered correctly it was the place he displayed his first piece of magic...

"Well first of all, there's the complete concentration on your broom. Then there's the being alert for flying Bludgers, and of course not everyone play things very nicely... Some matches have known to have lead to people being thrown off their broom by another player rather than a bludger." He said as he watched Isla as she dipper her leg in the water. He was amazed! maybe it was something with her being Muggleborn, but Kaleb could hardly stand the cold!

Isla smiled as she looked at him, he was totally cute and that made her cheeks redden. "I don't know how you see it when you were five but it was my first time there, I've been in some many pub and tavern but that one seems so different except the drunk people part but I think the different one is that servers and people there are Wizards." She explained Kaleb, her foot was creating a wave of water as she sway it not so scnycronize.

Her eyes widen as she heard how people play the drastic sports, she would never play that sport, she will just stick to the sports she's been playing and that's it. "So are you going to play Quidditch this year? I might just cheer on you if you got on your team." Isla asked and made sure that she will watch because he is her friend now and support os a must to tighten the bond.

The young Ravenclaw stood up at the edge of the lake and started playing at the water, she accidentally splash some water toward Kaleb and gasp, her hand over her mouth.

"I don't Know... I think I'll see how well I do in my flying class, first... Hey, are you taking flying? If you do, we may be in the same class... I think Gryffindor and Ravenclaw also share a Potions class... " He said, easily drifting off topic. "Anyway, If i don't get on the Gryffindor team, which I highly doubt, I'll probably still play some unofficial matches. "

Kaleb saw Isla get up and start playing around in the water. Just as he was about to get up and Join her, and to clear up some dried Murtlap on his fingernails, when he was bombarded with what seemed like a bucket full of water. Kaleb stood there, mouth open wide with astonishment and shock from the cold. It was even worse from how many layers he was wearing. From his cloak all the way down to his Pyjamas and Gryffindor boxers were now soaked to the brim.
Still shaking, Kaleb ran quickly to the water and splashed some water towards Isla, a playful grin accross his face.

The Ravenclaw was just standing in the cold water, her hands was now down to her side. I hope her doesn't get mad at me for accidentally splashing water onto him Isla thought but she was surprised as he came toward her, splashing water playfully at her. Isla felt the cold water drizzle her face, she giggled instead of screaming. Back in Scotland, the sun barely shine into the horizon and she was very used to it.

"Hey, I thought you're going to get mad at me, I was scared. I'm sorry though, I didn't mean to make you wet." She exclaimed and apologized. Isla then wiper her face so she can see better despite the water on her face. The sun is starting to warm the water from her body, her smile grew and she scooped a lot of water onto her hand and threw the handful of water to him. Isla backed away once she threw it.

"Let's see how good you are on track." She said excitedly. It's just been days since she got here but Isla already has a tight bond with Kaleb.

"No problem! Might as well get used to the cold, anyway. I'm far too used to being shut up next to a fire and a cauldron..." He said, water dripping from his sopping wet hair. He didn't think he could end up being angry with Isla. She was just too friendly! And she was one of Kaleb's first friends...
Isn't that kind of sad? 11 and hardly a single friend... Feel free to blame his writer.

(Unsuccessfully) Ducking to try and avoid another splash of water from Isla, Kaleb had an idea. He snuck a little further out into the water, where it was deep enough to reach from his fingertips to halfway down his fore-arms. Acting as if he was splashing some water into his eyes, Kaleb reached into his pocket and quickly placed a potion vial within the water. Since the Pocket was actually huge, there were few ways for things to get broken...
The vial was also rather big, although not enchanted, and Kaleb didn't stop his ruse until he could see the entire vial was full to the brim. He quickly threw it into his pocket, holding it upright to stop it from spilling everywhere and making the enchantment both disgusting and pointless.

"Won't the whole world be doomed when we could do this with our wands?" He said, holding back a laugh. When he was within a metre of Isla, Kaleb pulled his hand from his pocket and poured the icy water on her head, emptying about half the flask, before running off to safety.

Her smile faded as she saw Kaleb risen off his eyes, oh god, i didn't splash water with soil in it, did I? Isla asked herself, she could have felt it but there was none. Kaleb was then walking towards her looking all right and said a joke about wand but then she was all soaked up when she didn't realized the big vial full of cold water pour on top of her head. Isla can now feel the coldness of the water going inside of her clothes but she wasn't done as she made her lips smirked. Despite the cold, Isla could walk straight and not shiver in the process.

Isla tackled Kaleb that will make him go down in the water, fully soaking him like she was. She then blasted him with so much water, she barely hear herself giggling and screaming. Her day was going great and if fact, she's liking here just because of him or something else, she frowned and stop what she was doing. "I'm actually worn out and I think I'm going to catch a cold tonight." Isla said, starting to cough as she went to the bank of the lake. She took her coat and wrapped it around her body and sat on the cushion again.

Kaleb was suprised wehn, depsite all the cold water, Isla still managed to drag him down into the water. As he was about to stand back up to Drench Isla with more water she did the same to him.

Then she mentioned how tired she was getting, and Kaleb had to agree. "Yeah... I need to go feed Mynx soon, anyway... I also wouldn't be surprised if he's pooped in my dorms... he's not exactly toilet trained yet..." He said, moving over to where his cloak was laying. He was slightly regretiing not keeping a towel in his cloak's pocket. But then, it was big but it was a finite space...

"So... I guess we'll see each other in classes. I'm pretty sure we've got potions together! Oh, and are we still meeting here on Monday?" He asked, packing away his Things.

Isla almost laugh so loud about Kaleb's cat, at least she doesn't have to worry about her little dog, Isla asked Katerina to take out her dog if he started bugging her and she knew that Katerina is kind enough to take her dog out. "I'm lucky I got a dog, they just howl and you know what that means, you have to walk them out and they do their business." Isla said and giggled, dogs are smart like them Ravenclaw but she isn't saying that they are dog, it's like she is calling herself a dog as well.

She stood up as Kaleb neared her as he took his cloak from the ground and said about Potions, yeah, that's right, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are together in that class she thought and smiled at him. "I'll save you a seat then at class and yeah, every monday (Real life) we still meet here ... I'll tell you about boys that I meet." Isla teased him and giggled as she looked at him. Too young to fall in love. Isla then took the cushion off the ground and dusted it off but the wetness that came from her clothing was already in it when she sat on the cushion itself.

"I guess I 'll see you around? The castle is big enough for us to not get to see each other everyday though." Her eyes was not glimmering at that time as she said that fact. True, the castle is big and true, you can get lost if you don't know the way but she believes in faith, they will see each other despite of school work and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back