Lounging in the Lounge.

David Pike

OOC First Name
David!
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
David walked into the Student Lounge, which contained, of course, students. He walked over to one of the available couches and took a seat, putting his feet up on the table in front of him. He'd been at school for a few days already and he had yet to really talk to anyone, but he didn't really have a need to just yet. He wanted to get used to his surroundings first, but a few close friends couldn't really hurt, could they?

He was a bit afraid that no one was similar to him at this school, everyone else seemed so outgoing and well.... magical. He hadn't had a chance to meet any other wizards while in the foster system, and his cousin (Also his adopted mother, long story.) had lived among the Muggles, not giving him a chance to meet very many wizards either.

With any luck he might meet someone with a similar personality, who knows?

After the disaster of the holidays, Drew wasn't sure he wanted to be back in the same school as his former friend, he wasn't sure he wanted to be in the same country. Maybe he should just go back to France and attempt to live happily with his family, even if they were all dysfunctional and argued twenty-four seven, it was better than being stuck in classes with Camille for the next three years. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see her again, he didn't care that she was sorry. Sorry just didn't cut it anymore. Drew had been called many names in his life, and usually he paid little attention to the magical names some muggle borns received, but hearing them from his own best friend just wasn't something he had ever expected in his life. It proved that people really did change as they got older, and sometimes it wasn't for the better at all. Hogwarts New Zealand was a big school, and luckily they were in different houses, so maybe he'd never really have to run into her again, except in classes, but that would just have to be something he'd have to deal with, it wouldn't be too bad, he just had to learn to totally ignore her existence and be done with it. If Alex could do it, Drew was sure he could too.

Making sure the Student lounge was not inhabitated by a certain Gryffindor female, Drew entered quietly. He needed to get out a little more and attempt to communicate, since he's just so boring and typical, he doubted that anyone would be interested in befriending him. The Student Lounge was not quite crowded, but it was difficult to move around, resulting in someone legs getting in Drew's way, and him finding the ground coming closer to his face, until he finally met it. Picking himself up off of the ground and finding the owner of the legs he'd tripped over, Drew quickly began to feel bad. "I'm sorry, I didn't see your legs." Hopefully the stranger wouldn't kill him.

David quickly moved his legs off the table,

"It's fine, are you okay?" David got up and offered the stranger a hand up. The kid who tripped over his legs appeared to be his age, give or take a year. He also seemed to look genuinely sorry, which was nice. David brushed some pieces of hair away from his eyes.

"Here, you seemed to be looking for a place to sit." David beckoned slowly to the spot next to him. For David this was taking a risk, for all he knew this kid could be a complete jerk. He hoped not.

Drew was thankful that the stranger didn't bite his head off, it could have so easily happened, and that wouldn't have been very good for him at all and he wasn't sure how he'd react. Accepting help getting up, Drew examined the boy. He couldn't be much older than himself, nor could he be too younger, maybe one of two years either way. Drew had never seen him in classes, so he doubted that he was in his own year, unless he was a transfer? Drew dind't keep up with all of that stuff, so he couldn't be sure, but he wasn't about to ask him, that could be rude. "Yeah, I'm fine, I tend to fall a lot." A side effect of being as clumsy as Drew was at times, so that little spill wasn't going to break any bones or bruise him.

Drew looked at the spot that the unknown boy showed him, and decided that he might as well take it, what was the worse thing that was going to happen? If he was a prat, drew could just as easily leave as he had come, so it wouldn't be that bad. "Thanks, it's a little crowded today." He stated, just to try and keep up conversation, something he wasn't good with at all. "So, what's your name?"

"I'm David."

David wasn't an particularly outgoing person, nor was he shy and awkward. He had days where he could get on great with other people, and some days where his depression completely destroyed his social skills, but most of the time it was somewhere in the middle.

At that time David thought he should be social, I mean why not? What could really go wrong. He did his best to smile a bit and hide his depression because it made him "different".

The nice thing is that this kid seemed awkward too. So, he wasn't the only strange one, which was good.

"I just transferred here. What's your name?" He asked a bit slowly.

Drew nodded as he was told the identity of the person he had just tripped over. It was easier to talk to someone when he knew their name, because names were power and when youidn't know who you were talking to, it could be difficult to communicate with them and actually relate and befriend them in any capacity. "Nice to meet you David." He greeted, sitting down and settling into the seat, that he would hopefully be inhabiting for awhile, as long as nothing went horribly wrong right now, maybe he would be able to befriend David, if he total lack of communication skills didn't get get in the way like they usually did, but he was able to befriend people before, like Kate, they'd managed to have a conversation that didn't include one of them saying something stupid, though, Kate seemed a lot more personable than David.

"My name is Drew, so what year did you transfer to?" Drew found it interesting that David had transferred, because something similar had happened to his brother with Beauxbatons, he had considered transferring to the French school as well, but thought against it because he liked New Zealand, France was overrated, only someone that lived there could really see how bad France could be, it wasn't the most romantic place in the world for Drew, in fact, it was sometimes quite the opposite. "I'm a fifth year, by the way."

David noded, "I transferred into my fifth year."

David liked this kid, he liked his awkwardness, it made talking too him easier. He liked his lack of cheeriness. He was calm and quiet. And now it seemed they were in the same year. With any luck he just made his first friend at Hogwarts.

"What's this school like?"

Drew nodded once again, it was interesting to know that David was also in his fifth year, it made things a little easier, knowing that you were bound to run into someone eventually because they'd surely have classes together, even if it was not nessesarily electives, but atleast Drew knew one other person in his electives, so it wouldn't be that boring. ne thing that caught his attention, was the fact that David didn't seem like an extrodinaryly bubbly person, he seemed more mellow and quiet. It was somewhat a relief, because sometimes overly happy people could be a little too much to deal with. "What school did you transfer from?" It was a normal question, and it would help Drew figure out where he was from.

When asked about how this school was, it was a difficult question, because he didn't want to lie to David, but sometimes this school could be downright horrible, not because of the school itself, but the students, and some professors, and professors and students made a school, so he just shrugged. "It's okay, sometimes it can be a little annoying, but that's school, I suppose."

"I've been homeschooled since the age of eleven." said David calmly, he didn't particularly enjoy homeschooling, it meant that he was a bit secluded from the rest of the world.

David nodded after hearing about the school, "Yah I guess all schools are like that..."

Drew nodded with curiosity. in all honestly, the Muggle-born would have preferred homeschooling, because sometimes Hogwarts was too much to handle and he missed his home back in France, it was nice there with family and people that would be able to teach him magic if they really wanted to, but unfortunately he was stuck in a school on the other side of the world with people that don't understand, nor want to understand him and someone that called him a Mudblood. Yup, definitely a place he wants to stay for another three years. "It must have been great to be home-schooled, not having a bunch of random people getting in your space and that." Drew was a more anti-social person, so he would appreciate homeschooling more than other people would.

Drew shrugged. That was school, not only were the tests, quizzes and exams difficult, but some of the students would be difficult too, especially certain people that Drew didn't want to think about. "I think it's just a natural thing that happens. Different personalities thrown together is bound to cause problems." It was a logical assumption and was probably correct.

"I don't know, I never really liked it. It was just a reason for my cousin to be overprotective all the time. Honestly I never left the house."

David realilised he had mentioned his cousin, he hoped this kid wasn't super pushy. It's not like David ever really got to meet his parents, so he didn't really miss them, but it was still a hastle to explain about him being an orphan and all. It's not like it made him praticularly different. He was still a person, just like everyone else. He might let this kid know about it if they actually became friends.

David decided to try to keep the conversation going in an attempt to keep Drew from asking about his cousin or anything, "Are there any real jerks I should avoid here?"

Drew nodded as David explained his viewpoint of being home-schooled. Drew had never felt like someone was over-protecting him, but he was rarely with his family for extended periods of time so they could be over-protective of him. He doubted they ever would be over-protective of him though, because he was responsible enough to not get himself into trouble, something his older brother still couldn't manage to do, and he was wise enough to know how to behave in situations, something his half sister couldn't do either. The prospect of never leaving a house sounded horrible. drew wasn't one for travelling, but he couldn't imagine not being able to have the freedom to wonder around the area and take a breath of fresh air. "I must admit, being stuck in the house for the majority of your days does sound horrible." The Hufflepuff didn't mention David's cousin, mainly because that could open a door to families, and he wasn't really in the mood to talk about his family right now.

Drew laughed slightly and shrugged. "I'm sure there are plenty. But unfortunately you're asking the wrong person, I'm not exactly a social butterfly. Usually if you don't get in someones face, they'll leave you alone." Drew could have mentioned RHI, but since no-one knew who they were, or anything about them, there was really no point. The magazine just seemed to know a lot about everyone, and even had the audacity to write about Professors. So there would be nothing David could do if he became a target of the magazine.

"That's good, I'm not the most social either."

David made kind of an awkward laugh and brushed hair out of his face. His hair really was getting long, he should probably fix that some time soon. He was happy the kid didn't ask about his cousin. Explaining everything would have been awkward. He sat for a moment and thought of more ways to continue the conversation. So far he had just interrogated the kid for extra information on Hogwarts.

He decided to be a little crafty and ask a bit of a trick question,

"Any good gossip lately?"

He smirked, he was trying to see if Drew was one of, what he liked to call, "those people". "Those people" we're all about gossip and other people's business. He disliked them, a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back