Lost in the Library

Kate Kingswood

OOC First Name
Tamara
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Kate was sitting in the Library with a book opened on her lap. Kate was not highly interested in the book, she just liked the Library. The vibe that the Library had was relaxing for Kate and she needed a somewhat save environment. Kate was lost in Ravenclaw, she was obsessed with books, but her social skills were non developed. Kate was not a big talker and when she did, she said the wrong things, perks of being smart right. Kate knew this was a book about Potions, but she had not read or take notes from it, she was enjoying the quiet and learning environment that the Hogwarts Library had and Kate so much desired.

Kate was glad that she was sorted in Ravenclaw, she could not handle all the drama and commotion in the other Houses. Kate loved quiet spots and she already found some in the castle. Kate was not demanding, she just liked quiet and clean things. Coco her cat was spinning at her feet and Kate yawned slightly. The library was quiet and Kate was thinking about Hogwarts, she had hardly any friends and did not like Quidditch. And unfortunate Kate was too busy to get herself into more clubs, although the Muggle Sports Club was kind of fun.

''I would go mental if you were not here.'' Kate muttered to her cat. The book lay still unread on her lap and Kate decided to just close it, she replaced the book with Coco and began padding him. Coco was a white cat with blue eyes and Kate wanted to call him Ravenclaw, but that would look awful if she would get sorted in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. Kate began looking trough the Library and see saw another girl walking in, secretly hoping that this girl would join her.

Rhiannon wouldn't be the first to admit it but finding places wasn't her strong point. however the library was one place where she never seemed to be lost, or if she was lost she was lost in a book. Today she had a big potions essay to write. although she loved studying writing essays was never her strong point, she would much rather do somethings number based. She entered the library and made her way to the section with the potions book. she knew which one she needed as she had been reading it earlier in the year she ran her fingers along the shelf as she went scanning the names of each of the volumes 'asphodel to wormwood a beginners guide' 'brilliant potion making' 'cauldrons and their contents' no none of those.
she kept going. 'potion making for the utterly confused'. that was closer, 'potions, and poisons' almost there. she was just about to get to the next one when then she tripped over something, something that let out a loud hiss. I am sorry Sushi" she said to the cat instinctively naming it as if she had fallen over her own cat before realising it wasn't sushi at all but someone else's. She looked around trying to see the owner of it. she saw a girl who was looking at her. "Is this your cat? I really am sorry" she said to her, before bending to try and pick up the cat who didn't want to be picked up so instead she gave it a stroke behind its head before it walked away towards the other girl. Rhiannon picked up the book she had just been about to get 'a practical guide to potion making' she then walked over to the table she was sitting at "do you mind if i join you, I'm Rhiannon" she said recognising her as a girl who had been in a couple of classes with her but who she hadn't actually spoken to.

Kate could hear her cat hiss at something and then someone called it Sushi. Kate grinned, it was a very funny name for a cat. Kate was watching the girl that was tripping over her cat, she was a Hufflepuff first year Kate and she had some lessons together although Kate did not know her name. ''Yes, this is my cat.'' Kate spoke in a polite voice, the girl did not do it on purpose and her cat was not harmed. ''It does not matter.'' Her normal grey eyes were looking at her cat and looking at the girl, she did not know what to say really and tried to say the best thing that came into her mind. When the girl picked Coco up, Coco began to move violently in her arms and when he was released he ran back in Kate her arms. Kate began to stroke the cat and looked at the girl. ''I am a bit sorry, Coco does not like strangers.'' Kate apologized for her cat and began looking at the girl.

''No, join.'' A feeling of happiness washed over Kate, she was so excited that a girl wanted to sit with her. Kate brushed a blond hair back to its original place and tried to look normal. ''I am Katherine, but you can call me Kate.'' Kate did not like her full name and always shortened it to Kate. Kate saw that the girl was making her potions homework and something in Kate wanted to help this girl with making her homework. Kate was thinking about friends and Hogwarts and come to think about it this was the first person that even said Hello to her. ''I can help you with Potions, if you want.'' on Kate her normal pale face appeared a faint pink blush. Kate hoped that she did not say the wrong thing again and that the girl would run away from this freak.

Rhiannon felt bad that she had tripped over the girls cat and then called it sushi. "oops, sushi is my cats name." she said. many people had said that sushi was an odd name for a cat but she liked it and sushi suited him she thought. "coco is a nice name, If he dousnt like strangers then strangers that nearly step on him will not be his favourite people." she said smiling slightly at her own almost joke. she liked the girl almost instantly, she seemed nice and a lot like her. in the library wit a load of books.
she was happy the girl was keen for her to join them. she had made hardly any friends so far at the school, Raff and page really and she had only met page a few weeks ago, and then there was perseas and theseas though she wasn't sure if she should count them as friends. as they seemed to prefer annoying her than than being her friend. "well it is great to meet you Kate. please feel free to shorten my name to rhi or rhia or anything" she said. she sat down and put her bag next to her on the floor before opening the book she had picked rather ungracefully from the shelf. she opened it and scanned through the contents when Kate asked if she wanted any help. "I am all good" she said finding what she was looking for and turning the pages. to page 46 'the general rolls of common plants' they had gone over that the previous lesson in class but she wanted to get information on more plants, and also get more details on the ones they had done. "what are you reading" she asked seeing the girl had a book next to her. from this angle she couldn't see the spine, she could not even see if it was fiction or non fiction but she wondered if it was something they could talk about as she did read a lot and know about a lot of books.

Kate looked at the girl with her blueish eyes, she hoped that she did not make the girl awkward around her, she was not the best social person in the world. Kate laughed about the name Sushi, it was kind of cute. ''Sushi is a cute name for a cat.'' Kate wondered if Sushi ate sushi that would be a fun joke. ''It is a sweet critter though, but sometimes a bit moody.'' Coco deserved a pad on the back and Kate focussed on Rhi again. Kate nodded she would definitely short Rhiannon her name it was kind of long. Kate was liking this girl and hoped that their could be a Friendship. Kate knew she was too logical sometimes and their were times that she even joked about that. ''It is nice to meet you too.'' Kate giggled and looked at Rhi, the book on her lap was kind of interesting since it was a Potions book. She had closed the book that was laying in her lap, she reopened the book and looked at the first page 'Potions for Second Years' was written in golden letters. Kate was thinking about her book until she got snapped back to reality by the girl her voice. ''I am reading Potions for Second Years.'' Kate muttered over her breath, she loved reading difficult stuff and this way she knew more than everyone else about the subject. Kate loved Potions it was here best subject and it was so interesting. ''How is Potions going for you?'' Kate had a spark in her blue eyes and looked at the girl, she was genuine interested in the girl. Kate wondered what this girl was in, she was in the Library for a reason. Kate loved information books and Kate only hoped that this girl was into that sort of stuff too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back