Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Too young to care
Wand
None yet
Silas nearly ran back into the library, looking around wildly. How could he have lost his wand already?! It was only his second day in the castle! He'd done some reading about magical creatures and tried, no no avail, to learn what a Quaffle was, and a few minutes after he left, he realized that his wand had disappeared. It probably wasn't something magical that had made it vanish, probably just Silas' forgetful nature.

His eyes settled on the chair he'd been sitting in. There was another boy about his age over there now, and Silas reluctantly walked up to him. "Excuse me," he said hesitantly. The other boy was going to think he was so stupid. "I think I've lost something over here."

Being at school hadn't been too interesting so far and Chase wondered what the next seven years of his life would be like. Or perhaps that was up to him. Perhaps he was the one to decide what his life at school would be like. He had missed the first year tour and was now trying to find his way around the castle himself. By pure accident he had stumbled upon the library. It wasn't what he had been looking for, he wasn't even sure he had been looking for anything in specific, but he figured he might check it out nonetheless.

After glancing over some of the shelves Chase had come upon the section of the library that housed the old yearbooks, picking up a few from way during the early years of the school's existence and finding himself a seat at one of the tables. He had only just flipped open the first of the yearbooks when another kid walked up to him and he glanced at him for a second to make sure he was talking to him. "Alright, so look for it." He shrugged, focussing back on the book before looking up again. "Or do you need me to, like, move.. or whatever?"

Well, this was uncomfortable. Silas was almost sure he had last seen his wand when he was sitting in the same chair this boy was using now. He’d been playing with it mindlessly while reading the book about Quidditch. “If…. you don’t mind,” Silas said awkwardly. “I was sitting over here before. About an hour ago?” It was definitely a fact that he’d been sitting there, so Silas didn’t know why he had made it sound like a question. He cleared his throat and looked at the other first year expectantly.

Chase suppressed a sigh when the boy really did need him to get up but gave him a small nod and did so anyways. He raised an eyebrow when the boy seemed unsure, although he wondered whether it was about the fact that he had been sitting there or about the time it had been since he had been sitting there. "And you only now realized you forgot something?" He questioned, crossing his arms. "Can't be anything too important then. What did you lose?"

"Thanks," Silas said gratefully when the other boy stood. This was the part where he didn't really want to fess up. How embarrassing, to lose his wand before classes even started. Surely, nobody else would have done that. "I've been looking for about ten minutes already, but I've lost... well... it's my wand," he concluded quickly. "I thought maybe I left it in the dorm, but I definitely had it here." Speaking of which, he started looking around. His shoulders sagged when it was immediately obvious that his wand wasn't there.

Chase watched as the other boy looked for whatever it was that he had lost. He didn't think he had seen anything of notice lying around the table when he had sat down, but maybe the boy was just looking for something small. "Your what?" Chase raised his eyebrows in surprise when the other boy mentioned what he had lost. Losing something was one thing. Losing your wand was on a whole different level. "I reckon that's like the one thing you absolutely shouldn't lose."

Silas did not disagree with the other boy's remarks. It was the one thing he hadn't wanted to lose, which is why he should have just left it in the dorm when he went to the library. But he'd grown attached to it in the short time he'd had it and wanted to bring it with him. "I know," he assured the other boy, looking behind the chair. Nothing. Maybe someone took it? "Did anyone suspicious walk by while you've been here?" he tried.

Chase wasn't sure why he actually stuck around while the other boy was looking for his wand. He figured he could just walk away. The boy losing his wand wasn't really his problem after all. But he had been bored and while he couldn't care less whether or not the boy found his wand it was an interesting situation. Much more interesting than flicking through old yearbooks. And if he did get bored he could still leave anyways. "Not that I noticed." Chase replied with a shrug. "Couldn't you have left it somewhere else? Like where did you go after being here?"

Silas thought for a moment and then shrugged. The other boy must have thought he was so dumb and it was all Silas could do not to lash out at him. "I don't know, I just headed back to the dorm after I was here. Well... I did stop at this courtyard," he remembered. "I'm not an idiot or anything," he added defensively, just in case the boy was judging him. "I'm just not used to carrying my wand with me yet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back