Lost Among Mountians and Streams

Jamie Holgersson

OOC First Name
Steph.
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Jamison was glad she had finally got to the age to go off to Wizardery school. Her home life was a complete utter mess with many siblings running around the house during the summer, and only three of them to watch out for all nine. Her parents were long gone and not that she didn't like talking about it, she never really knew much about what happened to them, being very young when they passed. One thing she knew for sure was that she was glad to be the second of the nine to go to a Hogwarts school, everyone else went to Durmstrang. Now Jamie didn't actually have anything against the school, she just wanted a new start and when her brother told her about Hogwarts Scotland she was interested and did more research and was thrilled to hear that there was one in New Zealand as well. It was the first time the young girl had ever stepped foot outside of her own country, and it was for school.

Trying to find her way around the school was pretty difficult. She was trying to get back her own house and she was pretty sure she managed to climb up to many flights of stairs. Jamie really wished that there were signs in the school pointing people in the right way. She already learned not to trust a Slytherin male, he was the one who sent her to the floor she was on. The young girl huffed and leaned against the wall trying to find someone in the mobs of people that looked nice enough to ask for help.

Kate walked up the staircases.She was very bored and she was finding herself just wandering.School had been good so far,she had met her friends and they had talked about the holidays.Her heart thudded a little faster when she thought of one friend in paticular. She then realized that her heart-rate wasn't slowing down.she cursed under her breath and got out her special drink.It didn't look very appetising but Kate wasn't complaining,it helped her relax and that was the important thing.She took a few sips before stopping and looking at her surrondings.She realized she was on the sixth floor a place she didn't go often.There was nothing up here so she didn't really come this direction.She sat down a near-by bench and had another few sips of her drink before closing her eyes and she started to get into her zone.Kate had found that the next best thing to music and reading was meditation,it helped her to calm down and she always felt so good after it.She knew people must be looking at her strangely as to sit the way she was sitting her having her eyes closed was not a normal position you found someone in.She sat there for a full fifteen minutes and when she opened her eyes she felt extremely better.She was about to set of when she saw what looked like a first year looking her very lost and annoyed.she walked over "Hey"She said smiling at the girl wondering what house she was in. "You need some help?"She asked politely

Jamie looked up when an older girl asked her a question, glancing over her robes she noticed the girl was a Hufflepuff just like her. Sighing the young first year nodded her head yes. "I can't find the Common Room, a Slytherin sent me up here, but there are so many tall people I can't see where I am," she admitted to the older girl hoping she wouldn't laugh. She already felt dumb enough without having someone laughing at her. She climbed alot of stairs and she was tired from taking the train all the way up here and not being able to rest. She was very excited about the whole things it made sleeping very hard for her. Plus the fact she was in the city shopping with her eldest brother for the past few days. Being in a new place for the first time without her older brother felt odd for her and she was beyond being lost.

Kate smiled at the girl and cursed the mean Slytherin who had let the first year the wrong way.Some of them were complete @sses. "well we are currently on the sixth floor,so what house are you in and I'll show you the way"She said smiling feeling sorry for the girl.It must be hard going into a new school and having no idea where anything was. "I'm Kate by the way"She said wincing a small bit when she felt a thump resound through her head.

Jamison was glad that the older girl was going to help her, the young girl was very annoyed by the entire process and upset. She had gotten seperated from the group of first years that were going to the common room and to the new bedrooms, lead by a prefect. "Oh I'm a Hufflepuff too," she said answering the girl. She hadn't realized that she didn't have her houses emblem on her, Jamie was suppose to get that once she entered her own house but being sent in the wrong direction didn't help her get any closer to becoming adjusted to this new place. "Mine's Jamison, though all my siblings usually call me Jamie," she told the older girl. Growing up in a wizard family she never had the need to go to a muggle school as a young girl, instead her older siblings taught her how to read and write after their parents passed away.

Kate smiled, a new 'puff.She liked welcoming the new firsties especially ones from her own house.She did not appreciate the fact some Slytherin had made this girl go off in the wrong direction on her first night. "Well would you mind if I called you Jamie?"Kate asked she prefered the nick name.It had a nice ring to it and Kate liked it. "Well I think you've learned the lesson never to get directions of a Slytherin again,can't trust some of 'em"Kate said shaking her head.Some Slytherins were nice while others lived up to the houses reputations. "Anyways to get to the common room just go down the next two flights of stairs and and its right in front of you,I'm going back there anyway so I can show you of you want?Kate suggested

Jamie nodded her again, letting the girl know it was fine to call her Jamie. She herself actually preferred the name over her full one. "That's perfectly alright," she said to the older girl. Moving out of the way of an oncoming herd of people Jamie looked around more lost then she was before as Kate explained to her where they were. Looking up at the taller girl she smiled as she was offered to be guided to the Common Room by the older girl. Jamie knew Kate wasn't going to be a close friend, the girl was much older then her and probably would get bored of listening to her talking, since all she could talk about was her home and all her siblings, not very interesting. "That'd be grand," she said to Kate ready for her to lead the way to the House Common Room.

Kate smiled glad it was okay to call her Jamie. She liked this girl maybe she could be like a mentor type thingy. Kate didn't know,she was a bit to old for a close friend but friend defenately. Kate moved as side as a group of people passed them. "Okay so,follow me then"She said smiling and walking towards the stairs. Once they were down the two flights of stairs Kate turned right and stood outside the portrait. "Here we are home sweet home"She said smiling. The Hufflepuff common room had really become a home to her. It was always so warm and comforting.

OOCOut of Character:
Do you want to move the topic there or continue it in the House meeting or just leave it here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back