Losing herself in a book.

Leslie Duboit

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Leslie sat down in the corner of the library trying to get into the book she was reading. It was very difficult because of the pain she was in. A few days before, she had ended up in a fight with her sister. The fight finished with Leslie on the floor with bruises all over her stomach and chest, a broken arm and a bashed head.
She had a cast around her arm now and she was drinking skele-grow but the bruises had to be left to go in their own time. Leslie wasn't happy with this because they hurt so much every time she moved.
Leslie placed the book down on her lap and thought about the fight, remembering her sister's face. Steph didn't once show any sign of regret. That's what got Leslie the most. She used to love her sister but now that she was making fiends with Gryffindor hating Sytherins, she was completely changing.
As Leslie looked around the library, she saw a few familiar faces but none of them were her friends. She only knew them from classes. Leslie wished that she could just have one good friend.

Clover was in invisible mode. Head down and eyes low. The fourth year Gryffindor wasn't a social person at the best of times, so it wasn't strange for Clover to be hiding. What exactly she was hiding from was a mystery, even to herself. Clover was heading towards the library, she wanted to read.

Clover was on the verge of tears, biting her lip as she walked into the library. She took out a random book and sat down against a wall. She opened the book and started reading. Anything to take her mind off things. Clover looked up for a second, and saw another girl close by. "Hi." she said in a small voice. This was the first time she had talked to anyone in a while.

Leslie looked up when she heard someone talk. She hesitated before replying with a quiet "Hi." Then she held out her good hand. "I'm Leslie Duboit." If this girl was being kind then Leslie was about to make a friend at Hogwarts. There was Imogen but they hardly saw each other and Taylor was never round. Leslie wasn't exactly the mosst popular person and this girl looked a couple of years older but she was still willing to become friends with her.

Clover smiled shyly at the other girl. Leslie looked a little younger than Clover, but Clover looked young for her age anyway. "Cenerentola Katt. Or Clover, if you prefer. It's easier to say." Clover said a with small laugh. She thought she had seen Leslie in the Gryffindor common room a few times, Clover spent a lot of time in the common room nowadays. "You're a Gryffindor, aren't you?" she asked softly, careful to keep her voice down in case the librarian heard them. Apparently you weren't supposed to talk in the library.

"You have a really nice name. Mine's just plain and boring." Leslie giggled. Leslie had never liked her name but she put up with it because she loved her parents.
Now that Clover mentioned it, Leslie did recognise her. "Yeah. I am. You are as well, aren't you??"Leslie had never been a very loud person and spent most of her time in the local library at home so she was used to keeping her voice down.

Clover snorted. "It means Cinderella in Italian." Clover had loved her name, until she had found a book of Italian fairy tales. But it was a name, and she didn't mind it. Most people called her clover anyhow.
"Uh huh. Gryffindor fourth year. And the residential common room lurker." Clover said with a smile. She didn't like dorm rooms much, she preferred the common room any day. "Don't you have a sister in Ravenclaw, or something?" Clover asked suddenly. She was sure Leslie had a sister, but couldn't remember how she knew this.

Leslie giggled. "I spend quite a lot of time in the common room as well. don't really have anywhere else to go except here and the dorm." Leslie frowned when Clover mentioned Steph. "Yeah. How did you know??" Leslie hated her sister at the moment but at the same time she loved her to bits.

Clover smiled. She didn't spend much time in her dorm, heck, Clover didn't even know the other people there! Clover laughed. "I'm the common room lurker, remember?" she grinned. "I have supermagic powers." Clover knew a lot of random things about other Gryffindors for some reason.

Leslie laughed. "I remember." then she smiled and said "And how do you have supermagic powers??" she giggled. Leslie had a feeling she was going to get on well with Clover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back