Looking out

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka had moved back into her room with Kailey. She really had become a good friend over the last year. Andy was back and Zazuka could not be happyer. Or at least she should feel that way. A heavyness in her heart had shown up almost to the end of the school year and hadn't left her all summer. She could feel it when she was alone, forever telling her something but she had not the skills to listen. She sighed her arms on a window still as she looked out at the setting sun. Was it normal to feel this way?

Probobly not. Then again Zazuka had lived with the fact that she wasn't normal all her life. At Willow's Rain she was condemed for it, here at Hogwarts she was almost celebrated for it. Hogwarts. Zazuka consitered it her home and her sanctuary. There had been nothing for her before her letter came. Zazuka suspected that she may not have survived another of her father's temper flears and even if she did she would still be living in fear. Zazuka looked up at the technacolor sky with a sigh. What happened to Andy should not have happened to anyone she thought. Her thoughts took her many other places as her dreamy eyes reflected the pinkish clouds.

Sam hadn't been around the castle a lot. He decided he would start from the bottom and work his way up. There wasn't much to see in the corridors except the further he went up he took glances out of windows to see the view. He found a stairway and began to climb. It felt like he was walking up stair for ages when he finnaly noticed light which mean't the top of that stairs. When he reached the top he put his hands on his tighs in utter exhaustion, maybe he shouldn't have walked uo so fast.

He sighed before standing up straight again. When he did he noticed a girl by the window, "Oh...hey!" he managed to breath out. He realised it was the girl who served him in Ollivanders, he seemed to misplaced her name. But he did remember it wasn't a very common one.

Zazuka snaped her head around looking around in surpise. "Oh hello. You where one of mine right? Sam, I am Zazuka in case you forgot. Most who know me well just call me Zuka though." She said with a soft smile. Zazuka could not bring herself to smile sunshine like she usually did. She gestured out the tower window. "Look at the grounds. They are quite beautiful this time of day. I've always liked twilight." She said looking out the twer window again.

Sam nidded, Zazuka, "Oh..um..I..I eh...I didn't forget your name." he said innocently with a twitch of his lips a bright smile appeared. Sam walked over to where she was standing. "Woah.." was all he could muster out. "Its amazing.." This was probably the second most beautiful place he had seen, this and himselfs and Toni's spot. "Do you come up here often?" he asked her trying to turn his gaze to Zuka but struggled and gave up. He stared out-of-his-control onto the grounds.

Zazuka laughed kindly into her right hand. "Yes well a lot of people come up here. The view is beautiful and it's a good place to think." She said. "Also a good place to study but it can become quite crowded if your not carful." She siad laughing into her hand again.

Sam finally turned his gaze to her as she answered. "Oh.." he said quietly and turned back outside to the grounds. This seemed like a very good place to think. "I'm sorry were you...I mean did I interrupt you or anything?" he asked Zuka politely. He didn't want to disturb her if she did. He would leave no matter how much he wanted to stay here.

Zazuka shook her head. "No it's a good thing you came. My mind was starting to lead into some weird places." She said with a slight laugh. "But then my mind is always leading from point A to point Z with stoping at the other points inbetween." She added as a slight joke. "You seemed a little winded when you first came here. Where you running from some one?" She asked tilting her head.

Sam smiled, he wished his mind could just wander randomly. Instead it just did what it was told, he most likely got it from his father, mentally he shuddered. "Oh right.." he laughed out of pure embarrassment. "I didn't know how much stairs there was so I kind of took two at a time. But I regret it now!" he continued to laugh at this fact.

Zazuka laughed into her hand again. "You get used to them. If you are taking or will be takeing Astronomy next term you might want to use the passage way behind a statue that looks like a one eyed raven. It will lead you right to the Astronomy tower without having to winde though the sixth and seventh corredor. It's a bit of a steep slope though." She said remembering the passage way. She never took it herself any more because she usually took brakefast in the commonroom but she thought it would be usefull to a first year.

Sam was happy she understood and he wasn't just some un-fit guy. "Really thats great. I'm taking Astronomy this year." he said happily, not so much about the subject but about the shortcut. "Thanks. Your Awesome!" he said and punched her arm though in a playful manner.

Zazuka held her arm as if it had hurt her a little. Zazuka had delt with worse in her life time that and she knew he was playing. "So I've been told, I just like to be a help. I am Prefect after all." She said with a proud smile on her face.

"Oh I'm sorry." he said sincerly as she held her arm, he mean't no harm. "Prefect! Well done. So Miss Prefect? How did you find that passage? Did a bit of exploration in your day. Eh?" he smirked to her.

Zazuka nodded. "It's ok. I did and still do though I wouldn't really call it exploring. Mostly I'm thinking and walking at the same time so my feet sometimes carry my to places I've never been before. I've ended up in the wronge class more than once." She siad with a soft smile. She had most of the time but it made her more familer with the school that most of the students where.

Sam listened to her as she spoke. He wished he was more carefree like that, but not matter how hard he tried it didn't matter, it was probably one of those things you cannot teach yourself. Sam laughed politely as she told him she had ended up in wrong classes more than once. He was almost comforted by this, he hadn't ended up in the wrong class yet but then again this was only the first week. "What would be your favourite subject?" he asked putting his hands on the windowsill.

Zazuka laughed into her hand again. "I would be easyer to tell you what I don't like. Charms in hard for me but I like it, I love Herbology but the new teacher gives me strange vibes. All in all I love all my classes. Guess you can call me your typical Ravenclaw." She siad with a soft smile on her face. "What is your favoret subject so far?" She asked after a bit of thinking.

Zazuka may have seemed like a happy soul but really it was a cover for what she felt. She was often bombarded by outside feelings and sometimes thoughts that it was a wonder that she was still some what sain. Zazuka was taking Divination to hopfuly get some handel on herself before she completly went off the deep end. The worst part was there was was a limited amount of people that she could trust with this information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back