Looking for Lilian

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Blake had run up to the North Tower, searching for Lilian. He had just run out on his meeting with Cris down at the Three Broomsticks when he heard what had happened between Lilian and Cris. He was pacing the corridor that lead to the Ravenclaw Tower, hoping that he would catch Lilian coming out or going in.

She walked into the North Tower, hoping no one was there. She wasn't actually hoping, but she really didn't want to talk to the same old people. She saw who was standing there. "BLAKEEE!" She laughed, though not really a laugh, it was more of a forced giggle. "How are you!

"Lilian!" Blake called back. Walking up to her he pulled her into a protective hug, then pulled away. "Oh, forget about me. How are you!? I heard what Cris did..." Blake said, narrowing his eyes at mentioned name.

"Yea..." She frowned. "I didn't think that would happen." She sighed, slipping her sweater over the bruise on her wrist. She didn't want him to see that. Lilian said, "We are dating again tho." She waited for his reacation, knowing it wouldn't be good.

"What!?" Blake said, his jaw hanging. "After he hurt you, you took him back!!?"
He wanted to say more, to tell her that Cris was a scum and that she could do better than him, but he suppressed the urge. If Lilian liked Cris that much, he would respect her decision. But he could still not help but feel a little bitter towards the guy.
Narrowing his eyes, Blake shook his head in disaproval.

She knew exactly what he was thinking. She was worth more. She whispered, "I'm sorry Blake." She looked at him.... tears coming to her eyes. She didn't want Blake to be bitter towards her situation, "I hope you know, that you are still one of my best friends." She smiled, shyly, "Nothing will change that, not even Cris."

Blake nodded silently. He didn't know what to say back as he wasn't an expert with words all the time. He averted his gaze from Lilian as he could still not help but feel disdain towards Cris for the way he had treated Lilian. He sighed deeply then said, "As long as it doesn't happen again..."

She hugged him, noticing him looking away. "It won't."

Blake allowed her to hug him, and he patted her back reassuringly.
"So how've you been?"

Ah, sweet security. But, she pulled away. "I've been worried, mum hasn't written, but then I got a letter from Sunny, which is my brother, saying she had been in France."

"What has she been doing in France?" Blake asked her. He knew Lilian and her mother weren't on the best of terms, so he made sure not to ask too many questions. "Lils, she'll write to you. Don't worry. I'm sure she's fine."

"She went to France so that she could get away from the house. My dad died this summer, and you know..." She smiled, "But, I'm good."

Blake took in her last words as if they were his own. He felt her pain because it was his pain. They had both lost their fathers, and not accidentally. He stepped closer to her and hugged her, fighting back his tears. No one knew about his dad, and he planned to keep it that way; he did not need their sympathy or pitty. But as he hugged Lilian, he felt the urge to tell her of all people, because it was something they had in common.
Pulling away, he smiled at her weakly and said, "I'm... sorry. I know how much that sucks. Believe me."
He did not tell her, because it was useless. Losing someone is just a burden that should be forgotten, and that was what Blake was trying to do.

He was so close, she could feel his heart beat. This was what she needed, not a boyfriend, but another brother figure, one that was around, that she could talk to. She didn't like Blake like everyone thought she did. She loved him like she did Sunny, her brother.

Blake hugged her again one last time. As it was getting late, he knew he should let her enter her house or else they'd both get into trouble for being out past curfew. "Okay, go to bed now. I would hate it if I kept you up," he said dropping his arms from her.
Then the thought hit him, through all his worrying about Lilian, he'd forgotten about the good news he was sure Lilian did not yet know. "Lilian, I asked her out. Me and Lily are together now!" he said to her happily. He was glad he could share some happy news with her. "Anyway, go to bed," he added in a brotherly voice.

"Ahhh! Blake, that's great!" She smiled, and giggled. "Wow. I'm proud of you. You getting some guts!" She laughed.

Blake laughed at Lilian's comment, then poked out his tongue. "Yep, I'm getting there. Now off with you," he said leading her to the Ravenclaw Tower door. "I'll see you later."

She stepped forward, and hugged him again. She whispered, "Thank you so much, Blake. You are a huge help. When I mentioned my dad's death, don't think I didn't notice the long silence."

Blake smiled back, and nodded when she mentioned his 'long silence' earlier. "It was nothing, now shoo!" he laughed.

She smiled at him, "Yes, dear, brother. Oh, and also. Don't you ever lie to me again." laughing, she walked to the Ravenclaw dorms.

Blake stared after Lilian as she walked into the Ravenclaw Tower laughing. Darn, Blake sighed and made his way down to the Dungeons.

Blake was such a brother figure. She missed these moments when she could just talk to him. Actually, she missed those moments when she could talk to Cris to. But, she can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back