Looking at the Gryffindor House Cup

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda couldn't help it, early the morning after the end of year feast she walked hurriedly to the trophy room. There standing pride of place was the Gryffindor House cup. She felt an overwhelming surge of pride asail her. She had played a part in winning this with her housemates. She couldn't wait to write and tell her family and tell Essie when she saw her. This was a huge deal in Andromeda's eyes. She grinned as she took a look at all of Bruin's trophies, remembering how she had said she would give him a run for his money near the start of the year when she had first visited the trophy room. Well she had a few more years left to try before he graduated.

Harri skipped up to the trophy room. It was quite early but she was far too excited to sleep, soon she would be going to Kiera's for the summer but before she went she jsut had to see the housecup. She couldn't believ Gryffindor had won! She was so proud of everyone in her house and so glad they had one as she felt each and everyone of them deserved it! She had made such good friends this year and always felt like her house supported her. She walked into the room and saw Andy standing and admiring she skipped over "Boo!" she said laughing, "Beautiful isn't it?" she said staring at the cup in amazement.

"I know they are only gorgeous. I was honestly hoping my name would be up there but maybe next year" Andromeda sighed as her hands went up to the glass cabinet. She would so love to be able to touch one of them.
"What about you, would you like your name on one of these babies?"

Harri grinned "Of course! It would be the best to know that a part of me could be here for ever!" she said quietly staring at the trophy "But I doubt I ever will have my name on one of those, 'Harriet Turner' and 'Great achievment' don't really go!" she said laughing though she knew the words were true.

Harri smiled as she saw the trophies "Yeah I think thats a bit more in my league!" she said laughing "But I hear you want top points earener?" she said nudging Andy.

Andromeda would love nothing more than to win that trophy but how do you compete with points like Bruin's? She still hadn't figured out how he managed to get so many points.
"If I can't get the top points earner over all then I'm definitely going for the top points earner of second year. I know you're all tough to beat but its Violet I have to watch for. So I really need to step up my game this year."
She was alot of things in life and a bit on the over determined side was one of them.

Harri smiled "Fine by me! If Gryffindor are getting points then I'm happy!" she said truthfully "We have to win the cup again!" she said determindly. She looked at the trophies trying to think of what she could dress up as for the halloween feast.

"Well if Bruin has his way, we'll have it again. I hope we get enough 1st years next year to help us out though. If we could win the quidditch trophy as well that would be great" Andromeda sighed with longing, imagining her name on the quidditch plague and their house on the quidditch trophy. She would faint from the joy of that trophy alone.

Harri smiled "I know! If we won both of those cups it would be the best!" she said grinning "I'm sure we will get loads of eager first years!" she said confidently. "We need to get practising for the quiditch cup, I hope I get a match!" she said the last bit quietly. She stared in at the cups, they were so beautiful.

Andromeda smiled and nudged her playfully.
"You'll get a game definitly. I mean its not like any of us actually got any real game this year is it?" she was rightly disappointed by that fact and knew the team and alternates had been too.

The thought made Harri smiled "Yeah I suppose I'm bound to get at least one game!" she said happily, then her smiled vanished "I know I had been hoping to take part in my first proper match, but I suppose theres alway next year!" she said sounding a bit happier at the end. "Your great at Quditch!" she added truthfully.

Andromeda laughed and held up her left arm to show Harri, she pulled up her sweater and showed her a small scar near her elbow.
"I asked the nurse to leave it there, I knew she could fix it but want some bruises to show for my time on the field. This is how brilliant I am Harri. I was blocking goals from Kiera at a practise session the two of us had and I fell right off my broom from way up, whacked myself so hard on the ground that my arm twisted really badly all over the place. Broke it in three places, the elbow part jutted out right there" she pointed to where the scar was still healing nicely.
"I'm going to practise like the clappers over the holidays, every waking moment is going to be in the air".

Harri took a deep intake of breath "looks painful," she said staring at the scar, "But your still great at quiditch!" she said laughing.
"Practise makes perfect afterall!" she said to Andy. "Well the cup belongs to Gryffindor so we will get it!" Harri said confidently.

Andromeda liked Harri's way of thinking.
"Damn right the cup belongs to us and lordie help those who try to take it from us" she laughed, she looked at her watch and grimaced.
"Better get going I guess, can't stand around daydreaming all day. You staying another while?"

Harri grinned "Yeah there going to need all the help they can get!" she said, "Yeah I think I'll stay awhile," she said planning on doing some trophy research to see if there were any acheivable goals.

"Yeah see you there!" Harri called waving cheerfully before turning back to the trophies and looking around! They were all stunning! She didn't realise how long she had been and looking at a clock she saw that it was time to get going, she dashed like crazy back to the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back