Looking at the boats

Drusilla Dragonrose

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Red Alder/ Apple with a core of Dragon heartstring
Dru was getting to know New Zealand a little better so she decided to go into town. The Harbor was beautiful, making Dru's wine colored lips spread in a pleasent smile. She leaned on a wooden ralining which lead onto a beach a ways from the sea. It was odd to see this kind of thing for one Dru looked like she was nearly hunched over the way she leaned and the other was the style of dress made her look like a creature from the dark side. Drusilla was in a black plated mini skirt with a thick studed belt and red corseted top with black detiling all along the torso. Red stalkings made it all the way to her knees under which straped boots made Drusilla look taller than she already was.

At 6'11 this was something she didn't need but still did. It was not like people where looking way from her anyway so why not give them something to look at. Drusilla tapped her black nailes against her cheek while looking out at the sea. She loved the water but was too heavy to really swim or stay aflowt. She watched it from afar since not even some boats could sopport her. She wanted a car. A modified car but finding one here would be difficult to say the least. It wasn't like there where any wizarding dealerships here. Drusilla allowed herself a sigh. Life here would work out though. It always did.

Sarah, though she had been in New Zealand for a while now, was lost again. This had only happened because she was in such a rush to get out of the house, forgetting to grab her map of the area. She mentally cursed herself for not having and owl to send messages, and cursed the school for interfering with cellphone usage. At least she hadn't dressed like a slob, who knew who she would run into after all. Instead of a yellow summer dress, she wore her lolita dress. Even though she was supposed to be wearing things that didn't rub on her back. She made sure to loosen it a bit before putting it on, which was painful.

That was the down side to having a new tattoo, and she had already seen it coming. She looked at the ground as she walked, tracing the patterns in her mind. She looked ahead a bit and saw some stockings, that looked very cool. She smiled when she saw the boots too, which were also cool. She decided that this person might know something, and walked over to them. "Miss?" She questioned in a meek tone.

Drusilla looked to the side in a dreamy sort of way before shaking it out of her head. "Yes? Can I help you?" She asked with a kind smile on her face. She lifted herself off the railing with some difficulty seeing it had taken her a bit to get herself to lean the way she had. At full hight and in the makeup that she was in Dru looked slightly threatening but the kind smile despelled that quickly. "Drusilla by the way kinda new here so if your lost I don't know how much help I'm really going to be." She said laughing a little apologetically. Dru was always friendly to people she had just met even though people where not always friendly to her at first sight.

As the girl stood taller Sarah had to look up against the glare of the sun to see the girl. She was extremely tall. In her head Sarah imagined sizing herself up to her; which was difficult considering that she was only about 5' tall. She smiled though and nodded as the girl said her name was Drusilla. Drusilla fit her style, it was a Gothic name in Sarah's opinion. She shrugged. "it's nice to meet you Drusilla. I'm Sarah." She then thought about what Drusilla said. "That's okay, i was just looking for the ice cream parlour."

"Well since you are new, i should probably welcome you to this little town!" She jumped up and spread her arms apart with a huge grin. She was always hyper, unless someone put her in a bad mood.

Drusilla laughed good naturedly and clapped. "Thanks, I don't really live in town but I live close. Kinda have to really if I'm to get to work on time. Can't fit in a fireplace no matter how big they make it and most brooms wont hold me. Ice cream..." She said her voice trailing off. If she seemed a little off it was because she had ADD. She couldn't keep her mind on one thought for too long. She took meds to calm it down but she didn't normally take it. She liked to think of many things at the same time.

"Walk with me Sarah? You seem to know this place better than most I do and I don't know may people here." She said smiling warmly. The woman in front of her was about half her size then again most everyone was smaller than her. Drusilla was noticed anywhere especially when she was indoors when she looked like she was simply too tall to be allowed. Drusilla didn't mind. She wondered if maybe if she toned it down a little people wouldn't stare at her so much. But then she wouldn't be having fun.

"Well I've been here for a while, and i still get lost." She said with a smile and a giggle, though she was careful not to use her teeth. It was obvious that she had let her mind slip onto the subject of ice-cream. it did sound good right now. She looked over at the sun the back at Drusilla. Though she was tall, this girl seemed normal. Reminded her of the song by Never Shout Never.

"Yeah i don't mind. though I'm not the best to help you around." She laughed lightly at the comment. She was so directionally challenged, it was a surprise that she made it to New Zealand without getting lost.

Drusilla put her hands behind her back and put one foot out a bit over dramatically. "If we get lost together then we at least have someone to talk to." She said then laughed. She was acting a bit silly but it was just her. Gothic, silly and fun on the right occasion. It did dawn on her for a moment what they would look like walking together but it took that same moment for Drusilla to decide she didn't care. She looked down at Sarah and smiled.

"If you know the way to ice cream place from here than that's cool. You look great by the way." She said commenting on the woman's outfit. She looked up at the sun for a moment, thinking for that same moment that she was closer to it than she would like to be. There was nothing she could do about it though. She even wore boots that made her look even taller. Drusilla sighed and stepped in a bit of a goofy manner. It was a bit childish but then again no one could accuse Drusilla of being grown up.

She grinned at her. "Yeah and i have an Ipod too!" She clapped and jumped up and down, her black ballet shoes tapping the ground lightly. She smiled at the girl, whom said that she looked great. "Really, thank you!" She grinned. "i love your outfit too!" She then remembered where she had been heading.

"Well when i started out i was going, that way." She pointed in one direction. "Then i took a left, and another, and a right." She started twisting her arms around, finally nodding in one direction. "So somewhere over that way." She shrugged nodding in a random direction. She laughed and untangled her arms. "So where are you from?" She asked.

Drusilla looked at the I-pod and smiled. "Cool, what's on that?" She asked. Dru was familer with muggle gagitry even though it seemed to have a repellent affect to her. She couldn't figure out much more than how to turn something on. It comes from living with an all Wizarding family. "So if we go that way then this way then take that way we can probably go back to where you started." Drusilla said moving her finger in the directions that Sarah had pointed to.

Drusilla laughed as Sara unscrambled herself then looked on. "Colorado in a small town called Clear Creek. It's by the mountains. My grandfather used to study giants there and a lot of our family never left. I have seven brothers and sisters so you could say that most of my family are the town." She said laughing at her small joke. "It was nice there but I wanted to peruse my own path you know. Where are you from?" She asked with a large kind smile on her face. She reached out and caught Sarah by the coller before a bike could hit her. "Sorry about that but actions are faster than words." She said looking at the bicycle go on.

"Well i have lots of stuff. I listen to Never shout never, and i just realized that it doesn't work in the harbor, crap." She hit herself in the forehead. "Why do i even have this with me. It's not even mine." She said laughing slightly. It was technically her little nieces Ipod. She watched Drusilla point in a bunch of directions. "Yeah, i suppose." She said with a shrug. "Or we might end up surrounded by hungry monkey." She laughed. Sarah had always been random.

She smiled at her. "Colorado, is in America right?" She should have known this, but she hadn't really bothered learning about it. "I'm from Japan, just traveling. I didn't technically have a right home." She smiled a bit when a jerk on her collar caught her off guard. Drusilla had just saved her from being hit by a bike. "Thank you. I almost got ran over. They would have to scrape me off the road with a shovel!" She exclaimed laughing a bit.

Drusilla nodded. "This close to Hogwarts Castle New Zealand branch it's a wonder anything muggle works. Hey let me see that I-pod?" She asked taking her wand out of a loop in her belt. She always carried the thing because she had grown attached to it and ever since she was able to use magic in the real world there wasn't a thing she wouldn't do without it. "I promise you niece will have it back when I'm done with it." She said laughing a bit. She laughed even harder when Sarah mentioned hungry monkey. "Or in a near a cave in Australia." She said with a snort.

Drusilla was happy. She had made a friend here in New Zealand that seemed to be just as goofy as her. "Yup. Love the place but had to move on. Other mountains to see, jungles, there are even sand dragons that are a sight to see." She said. "Japan... I really should make it a point to go there some day. The dragons there have to be amazing." She said. She realized that she just sounded like she was obsessed with dragons. It was true but still most people didn't want to hear about that. "I probably could have scraped you up my self. Luckly it wasn't a tanker truck or both of use would have been goners." She said laughing.

She looked at the Ipod, then back at Drusilla. What harm could it possibly do. "Here." She handed it over, but took a bit of a step back when the girl drew her wand. Sarah barely ever used magic, only if she had to, or was too lazy to get up. She didn't despise it, but ever since Angelo's death, she didn't favor it either. "Hmm, rather a cave, then a hoard of monkeys. Those things are so creepy!" She smiled.

"I've never seen a dragon. Ever. It just never crossed my mind to look at them. Have you ever seen one?" She asked, she was genuinely curious. She had seen pictures in books, but never thew real thing! "yeah, tanker might have been a bit more painful..." Seh trailed off and winced. "Especially with the new tattoo. Everything hurts."

Drusilla pointed at her head. "Must remember: no monkeys for Sarah." She said then took the I-pod. She tapped it with her wand then handed it back to Sarah. "Try it now. A simple shield usually make it so electronics work anywhere." She said with a kind smile. She knew witches and wizards that didn't use magic much. Her mother being one of them. There are things best done by hand. Drusilla remembered her saying.

Drusilla's eyes went wide. "Really I have to take you up to the mountains one of these days. New Zealand is home to Stone and Geo dragons. The Stones ones are not that much to look at but the Geos... Oh you have to see them for yourself to really get the full picture." Drusilla said way too fast. She blushed a bit them smiled. "You see I'm a tracker. I work for the ministry as a tracker and consoler. I means that I track down where dragons live then I make sure that they can't be found by anyone that would need their memories modified. It's not too difficult do so in some places but heavily populated places like Englend really have a job doing it." She said hoping that this cleared things up.

"Oh cool you have a tattoo! I have a few myself. Can I see what it's of?" Drusilla asked as her ADD took over again.

She laughed at Drusilla's comment about the monkeys. She then tapped the Ipod, and told her to try it; explaining about how the shield would make it work anywhere. She turned it on and pressed play, and like magic (no pun intended) it worked. She smiled and turned it off. "That's amazing!" She said with a grin. She hadn't done much magic since she had gotten out of school.

The girl then shifted the subject back to dragons. She talked about taking her up into the mountains to show her dragons. "Really, that would be amazing. Though you'd have to tape my mouth shut. Or else i might cause an avalanche." She giggled slightly. She wondered what it would be like up in the mountains. She never climbed anything besides her stairs, that would be an amazing change of scenery. She talked about how she regulated things to make it so that no one could see them that wasn't supposed to. She nodded. "Wow that is a very impressive job. I can see why you got it. I'm sure your cheery attitude can make those dragons as comfortable as a June bug on a daisy."

She made a comment about her tattoo. "I don't think so. It's under my dress. I'm supposed to be wearing looser clothing, but i decided to wear this today. Plus, it's not done yet." She smiled.

Drusilla smiled wide. "Always happy to help." She said happly. She knew what it was like to want muggle things in the wizarding world. I-pods where particularly useful when magical music devices where too complicated to figure out. "I'm sure you wont were I saw them there wouldn't be much loose rock because the mothers choose the sturdiest places to make thier nests. I could help you get up to where I saw them too. I have to be very careful though." Drusilla said as she rolled up her sleeve.

"I had to get this tattoo to cover up the remains of a burn scar I got from a Ridgeback a while back. Then again they where never a really friendly breed." She said with a sigh. The tattoo on her arm was of the Ridgeback that had given her the scar. It was a reminder to her that no matter how tame the dragon may seem they could still attack her. "Let me see your tattoo when it's done." She said cheerfully. "Enough about that what do you do?" She asked getting to know her new friend. They seemed very compatible even though Drusilla guessed that she was some what older.

"Well that's great. At least you aren't a person who's all grumpy and walks around like this." She made a funny face, stuck her nose in the air, and crossed her arms. stopping her feet. She laughed and let her arms fall gently to her side. She needed to be a bit more careful, so that she wouldn't move her back to much. "So you've been around dragons a lot i take it?" She asked the girl. She looked at the tattoo and thought about what she had said. it covered a burn? "That must have hurt. i know when Gabriel did mine, it hurt so bad when he went over my wounds."

The girl then asked what she did. "Well i'm really into music, and i don't have a steady job yet. I hope that my music can pick up again, because i did a lot of that and dancing back in Japan." She smiled. She loved music so much. it was her life.

Drusilla clapped her hands. "Oh cool so I could be talking to a Weird Sister in the making or something wouldn't I." She said "I hope you make it big though it would really be something to be able to say that my friend is one who's music came out of the Wizarding Wireless." She said with a wide grin. "I like some muggle bands though. Mostly in english but I've resently started to listen to a band called An Cafe. I like them but I haven't a clue of what anyone's saying." She said laughing.

Drusilla took a left on the up coming street and kept walking. "Gabriel? Who's that?" She asked going back to the name she had mentioned. "It hurts but still if you can make something ugly into something pretty then isn't the pain worth it?" She asked with a wide smile. "How did you get hurt?" She asked though if Sarah didn't want to tell he she didn't have to.

She laughed slightly as the girl started rambling about how cool it would be if Sarah made it big. "Well i can hope." She said with a grin. At the mention of An Cafe, she jumped up and said. "Oh An Cafe, so Kawaii." She said. "I mean they are all so cute. Sorry." She still used native words like Kawaii, but she always hated explaining the words. "Well i only know 'cos it's what i grew up on." She said with a grin.

She blushed when the girl brought up Gabriel. "Well he's my tattoo artist. He's doing the one on my back." She said smiling. Gabriel was a very cool guy. Seh then moved on to the next question. "Two bullet wounds, and a few other." Seh said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back