Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 12" Unyielding Laurel Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
It was a Brightstone weekend, and Ivaylo Zhefarovich-Dolohov had no choice but to get out of the castle. He needed some time to himself and away from the other students. The other students got on his nerves. Sometimes, some of the students did not know either of his surnames. He could understand Zhefarovich at times, since that name was only well-known in Europe. But Dolohov is a name that was famous all over! His great-grandfather was the famous Death Eater, Antonin, and then his floozy mother was the one that was struck down by the Head Auror himself. How can people not know about this blood lineage? It was annoying as hell. He sighed as he kicked a rock while he walked. He wore his casual robes, but his Slytherin tie was unfastened around his neck. It was quite obvious that he was in school, and what house he was in. he wore Slytherin colors with pride, and knowing that his half-brother was the head, that just made things even sweeter to him. Though, that meant that things would be harsher on him, which Ivaylo did mind. He did not like it when things were harder on him just because of relations.

Walking into Brightstone at last, Ivaylo looked about to see if he could find someone he recognized. There was one person, on a bench, who was his nephew, but he walked past him. Ivaylo did not need to know what Lucien was doing there, but shocked that he was actually out of the room for once. Then again, they did have one really ignorant roommate which Ivaylo thought was entertaining enough. One might be able to train the guy like a monkey, but they would have to see. Ivaylo thought that it could be possible, but he was sure that no one would want to be a slave or a trained monkey. He would not mind one of those though. Maybe he could train a monkey or something. Ivaylo liked the sound of it. But for now, he went inside of a candy store, and started to look around for things to get. However, nothing here was without sugar, and that made him almost sick to think about. He was a bit of a health freak.

When her father invited her to go with him to Brightstone village, Alana Finch didn't hesitate in saying yes. It took her only moments to slip on a pair of flats and grab her favorite purple hoodie from the chair in her room. She slipped it on just before her father side-along apparated to the village. Alana closed her eyes as they traveled, but it didn't stop her head from swimming violently as they landed. She kept them shut tight, only opening them when her father tapped her on the shoulder. The family knew to count to twenty before tapping her, not wanting to deal with her throwing up if they tapped her too early. As her red eyes slowly opened, Alana took in her surroundings. The pair was just outside Takaroko park, one of Alana's favorite places to be. As her father slipped her some sickles from his jacket pocket, Alana grabbed them and then gave her father a quick hug before heading off towards the village. She already knew the deal. Her father was going to be meeting someone in the park, so she would have to wait until he found her again before she could head in there to go on the swings. If she was a good girl, her dad usually let her play for as long as she wanted before they headed home. Really, it was the life and Alana was agreeable enough to let her dad do what he wanted so she could do what she wanted after.

Slowly making her way into the village so she wouldn't get sick, Alana slipped into the candy shop. When she apparated with her parents, she usually needed some form of candy to feel better again. It was really the only time that she ate candy. The girl didn't waste time in purchasing a sour candy and slipping it into her mouth. As she looked around, she realized with a sense of glee that it had to be a Brightstone weekend. There were far too many people who appeared around her and Lorin's age around for it to not be. The red-eyed girl quickly walked the aisles, seeing if her brother was in any of them so she could surprise him. Before she could finish her search, someone else caught her eye. A blonde guy stood in the aisle, a silver and green tie hanging loosely around his neck. Interest sparked in the girl's eyes as she moved closer, stopping when she was beside him and moving the candy in her mouth to one side of her mouth so she could speak more clearly. "You go to Hogwarts New Zealand. A Slytherin" she began, saying it as a statement not a question. "What year are you in, if I might ask?" she asked in what might sound very formal to others, but was quite normal for the Finch children.

Ivaylo looked more though the candy, before he finally found some sugar free chocolate. Now that was what he was talking about. He would have to recommend a better selection for the health nuts like him, once he was done and paying for it. Right now, he just did not want to leave the place so soon. There were not that many people in here, so he would stick around as he had nothing else to do. However, he heard a voice next to him, and he thought that it sounded rather formal, so he thought it might have been a family member of his. His silvery eyes met red and knew that this girl was definitely not related. Very few people had red eyes in his family, only those that suffered from being albino. This girl having red eyes made him wonder if she suffered through the same defect or whatever it was. She noted that he was a Slytherin, and asked what year he was in. He debated on saying something, before he wondered if she was from the school too. Debating on how young she looked, he doubted it. "A first year," finally spoke the older boy, even though his appearance might say otherwise.

Figuring that she might be one of those people that might turn out okay or decent, Ivaylo did not leave her right then and there. He lingered about before he shifted his stance so that he was facing her. "I am assuming that you plan on attending my school soon? What would your name be?" He might be able to recognize the surname. He would appreciate it if she were pure, but chances were, she might not be. If anything, she might come from a respected family, and then he would make his judgment. He knew a lot of surnames, and the ones that he knew were mostly good, with a few rotten apples. He might as well introduce himself as well. If she were around here, she might recognize his surnames. He had two different ones, so one was bound to stand out. If both, he would love that even more. But he was not too sure. "I'm Ivaylo Zhefarovich-Dolohov." It was a mouthful, and it even hung on his own tongue. He thought about using just one, but he could never choose, despite the fact that he did not like his mother in the least bit.

Alana stared right at the boy, an expression that often unnerved other people. People didn’t usually expect children so young to be so serious, but it was normal for the Finch children. She could see that the boy was taking her in, trying to decide whether he was going to respond to her or not. It was exactly what she had done before speaking to him, so it made her like this mystery boy even more. As he finally responded, Alana listened and then gave him a half smile. Based on his height alone, she had been expecting him to say third year, but he wasn’t really all that much older than she was. Alana was rather short for her age. Her mother had told her not to worry since both of her parents were tall. Glad when he didn’t just walk off, but instead continued the conversation, Alana gave a shrug of her shoulders. “I’m not sure yet. My brother attends your school, but my parents have been thinking of having me attend Durmstrang.” Alana’s parents had both attended Durmstrang and they seemed to be leaning towards having her at a school that taught what they deemed important skills for wizards. She was sure that her brother’s acceptance into Ravenclaw hadn’t helped any, but she really, really hoped that, in the end, they would allow her to go to school with her brother. Alana wouldn’t admit it to anyone, but she actually missed Lorin.

“I’m Alana Finch” she replied with the smile still on her face and the bulge still at her cheek. The sour taste was causing her cheek to go numb, so she switched the candy to the opposite side. Alana knew that many people who heard her surname assumed that she was a pureblood. Her grandfather was one, and although Alana’s father was not, he always told Alana that it was better to just let people think she was one unless they specifically asked. Right after she said her name, the boy introduced himself. The girl’s red eyes brightened at his surname. “My father has a friend with that last name!” she exclaimed. “Zhefarovich” she stated slowly so her tongue wouldn’t trip over the name. She didn’t know the man’s first name, but he came around often enough. He was super tall and also blond with those silver eyes – perhaps it ran in the family. “It’s nice to meet you, Ivaylo” she added, remembering her manners. Her red eyes looked around the candy shop before drifting back to the Slytherin boy. “Do you enjoy being in Slytherin?” she asked casually, though her eyes betrayed her eagerness for his reply. Alana had heard so much about Slytherin house from her parents, but they’d never attended Hogwarts New Zealand so it wasn’t the same as hearing about it from someone her own age.

Ivaylo shifted his posture a bit, noticing how well-behaved the girl was, and it started to impress him more and more. His lips curled into a subtle smirk, and remained there. One might assume that he was up to no good, but for all they knew, he just might be. Nothing in this store fit his taste buds since he couldn't find anything that made this trip worthwhile. Well, perhaps the girl, if she were from a suitable family. Once she said that her brother attends his school, and her parents thought about sending her to Durmstrang, his eyebrows raised slightly. That did not make much sense. "Durmstrang is an excellent school. I must admit, I wanted to attend there, but alas, the father said no. If needed, maybe someone can convince your parents otherwise." Ivaylo thought that Durmstrang was a grand school, teaching children Dark Arts and not allowing those with muggle filth into the grounds. That sounded like heaven, but now there were mudbloods all in the noble house of Slytherin! It was a disgrace!

Her name was Alana Finch. It was an interesting first name, but he swore that he heard one of his brothers, perhaps Benjamen, speak highly of a Finch. He tried to recall another Finch in the school, but alas, none came to mind. He must not have made a good name for himself as of yet. He didn't know of the Finch family, but if Benjamen spoke highly of one, then he could perhaps associate with one as well. It was then when he recognized the Finch name. The one that Benjamen spoke highly of was her dad. Now that was a little strange. He chuckled as he said, "Ah, that's highly interesting. My brother spoke of a Finch. It must have been your father. This is such a coincidence to run into another one of you here. And it is a pleasure to meet you as well, Alana." He managed to remember her first name. First names were harder for him to remember, as he was always more concerned with last names. "Slytherin has downgraded since the glory days. They allow those with muddy blood into the ranks. I'm quite perturbed around my fellow peers." That was basically him saying that he did not like the house anymore. He could not help it either. It was just the way he was raised to believe and think.

Alana eagerly nodded her agreement. “Both of my parents went there, and they’ve told me stories about their times there. ” she stated matter-of-factly. The blonde stuffed her hands into the pockets of her hoodie for a moment until she remembered what her mother had told her about it being impolite and informal. She took her hands out, dropping them to her side once more. The girl wished that she had been dressed differently, maybe more grown up. Maybe then, the boy in front of her wouldn’t have so easily identified her as a soon-to-be student. For some reason, the girl found herself wanting to impress the boy before her, though she had no idea how. It was weird and she pushed the thought from her head, wondering instead why his father had said no to his attending Durmstrang. It seemed that their parents were in the same boat of thinking that it was the best school. She paused for a moment and then decided to just ask. “I hope you don’t mind me asking, but why didn’t your father want you to go there?” Alana was very curious to find out. Her parents seemed to be having many discussions surrounding her own upcoming school attendance. She was hardly ever part of those conversations and wondered if the boy might shed light on their reasons.

“You have a brother that old?” she blurted out before she could stop herself. She didn’t even realize that her words might have come across as rude. That was just Alana’s way. She said what was on her mind when it was on her mind. The man she had recalled seeing had been at least her father’s age. As Ivaylo continued, Alana’s red eyes dropped slightly as Ivaylo told her that he was pleased to meet her. Alana had so very few opportunities to meet with other children and none of them were male. She couldn’t wait until Lily and Melina came over so she could detail the conversation to her cousins. As the older boy continued, Alana lifted her red eyes once more. She was shocked to hear that information and was sure that her parents didn’t know any of it. If they did, she surely would be going to Durmstrang instead of joining her brother. It would be just another cross against the school that had made Lorin a Ravenclaw. “That is rather disappointing” she stated with a frown. “Are the other houses any better?” she asked, wondering if Lorin had ended up in a better house after all. Maybe Ravenclaw was free of mudbloods.

Both of her parents attended Durmstrang, yet, they were sending her to Hogwarts New Zealand? That was certainly odd. "My mother attended the Hogwarts in Scotland, but my father went to Durmstrang. My step-mother also went to Durmstrang. The stories that were told, the curriculum, why they sent me here, I will never understand. And I don't understand why your parents won't just send you there. It is a better school, so no need for discussion." Ivaylo figured that she still had another year or two to convince her parents to change their minds, but if she went to his school, he could show her around, especially if she were sorted in Slytherin. He shrugged and he answered, "I will never know the true reason. Two of my half-brothers teach there, so maybe that is it. Maybe I need to be kept a close eye on." He thought that might be a reason why, and another might be because Asparuh the fourth would be attending Durmstrang. Asparuh might need the lights on him, not on Ivaylo. If that was it, Ivaylo definitely would pitch a royal fit. He did not need that sort of thing in his life. Then again, constantly, he felt like he was competing with the other children that were around him, and that his father had before and after him. Ivaylo could not help that he was a mistake, but he wanted to have some damn recognition.

Once she blurted that out, Ivaylo chuckled before he shrugged a bit. It seemed like it could have been rude, but he knew better. "I have a brother who is a grandfather. He might end up as a great-grandfather before long. My father was...well, he had plenty of kids over a long period of time." Ivaylo figured that by now, his father stopped with the children, as did Danielle. That might have been the best thing for the family, despite having more pure-bloods to add. Once Alana asked if any other houses were better, Ivaylo shook his head. He knew that there were other houses that were worse off. "No, unfortunately not. I believe the other houses are worse off. Gryffindor is the worst by far, which is surprising since Hogwarts has Hufflepuff. But I had a nephew graduate from Hufflepuff, and he was the darkest person I ever met in that generation." Ivaylo did not mind sharing a bit about his family to a Finch. If she wasn't a pure-blood, he knew that she came from a pure-blood line.

As Ivaylo spoke, Alana felt understood in a way she never had. Her parents hardly ever listened to her and neither did her older brother, Lorin. The only other person who listened was her younger cousin, but she was a baby compared to the young girl so that barely even counted in her book. Nodding in earnest, Alana found herself standing up straighter, trying in some way to appear older to the first year boy. She listened quietly as the boy explained why he had a brother so much older. It was on the tip of her tongue to ask just how old his father was, but she knew that would be rude and immature. It wasn't her business anyway. Both of her parents had always told her that she needed to stop asking so many questions because it would get her or them into trouble one day. One day seemed to happen often for the red-eyed girl who often found herself in little troubles. She hadn't been in big trouble yet, not like Lorin, and she was determined to keep that up.

When Ivaylo began to discuss the houses, Alana listened intently. Her red eyes stayed focused on the older boy's face. Gryffindor she knew from reading books. It was supposedly the most popular house, but Alana knew that her parents didn't think so highly of it. Neither did Ivaylo apparently. Hufflepuff sounded vaguely familiar, like something she'd heard in passing once or twice. No one that she knew ever seemed to spend much time discussing Hufflepuff, however, as if it wasn't important enough to warrant attention. Alana waited a moment, wondering if Ivaylo would continue on, but when he didn't she spoke up. "What about...Ravenclaw?" she asked, her voice dropping as she mentioned the house that her brother was in. Its mention in her household had been all but banned since Lorin's sorting. Even as she said it, her eyes scanned the area as if expecting her mother or father to pop up and scold her. Despite her fears, Alana was insanely curious about that house. She hoped that Ivaylo wouldn't judge her for asking. It wasn't as if she wanted to be a Ravenclaw.

Ivaylo didn't take much notice in Alana's changes, such as standing up straighter. He was a young boy, of course he would not notice something like that. Alana seemed like a good girl, and someone who could be a worthy ally. Ivaylo didn't really have friends, but he would just consider it like that. He looked down at his shoes as he shifted in his posture. Standing in a candy store was making him a little uncomfortable. The sweets would make him sick since he was not the few that could handle the sweets. He was one of those that didn't like them. They just made him all twitchy, and that was dangerous. He would pick fights and his anger would get the control of him. So, he thought about leaving, but he didn't want to leave Alana by herself. She was young, and it seemed like she would need to have someone with her. Ivaylo smirked slightly when she asked what about Ravenclaw. He knew about Ravenclaw all right.

"My nephew is in Ravenclaw, so I reckon that it is a good house. Most of the lowly people keep to their own, but most of that house seems to. I'd rather be in Ravenclaw than Gryffindor or Hufflepuff." If that didn't speak for itself, he didn't know what would. Ivaylo wondered why she asked about Ravenclaw, but then again, maybe she had a relative that was in Ravenclaw? Her voice did drop a bit, as if the word would get in trouble. Ivaylo looked around the store before he continued about Ravenclaw, "My nephew likes his house. He didn't want to be stuck with some dramatic people that happen to be in my house. He doesn't have tolerance to people like that. So, it is a pretty good house." He had no idea with why she asked it, but he didn't really care either way. He just had his opinion on it, and so did everyone else. He decided to ask something that he might get turned down for. "I think I am going to head out. The sweets are making my stomach ill. Want to go on a walk with me or no?"

Alana listened intently as Ivaylo spoke with her about Ravenclaw. That he preferred it over the houses spoke volumes to the young girl, and she wished that her parents were around to hear it. The young girl knew that her father liked his Zhefarovich friend, so perhaps he would listen to Ivaylo too. Nodding slowly, Alana almost spoke with the boy about her brother being in that house. She stopped herself and bit her lip a moment later. She barely knew Ivaylo, after all, and she was sure her parents wouldn't be pleased about her spreading family news to an almost stranger.

Alana was glad when the Slytherin boy changed the subject. As he asked her to walk out of the shop with him, the girl nodded eagerly. She was pretty sure that she still had a few minutes before she should expect her dad. Slowly walking beside him as they left the store, Alana finally thought of something to ask. "Why did you go into a sweets shop if you don't like sweets?" she asked curiously. It seemed that she wasn't meant to know the answer to that question. As she rounded a corner with Ivaylo, Alana spotted her father walking up the block towards the two. The girl's heart raced as she squeaked out a quick goodbye before jogging ahead to intercept her father. She was sure that being a Zhefarovich wouldn't help the boy's case if Ioan caught his young daughter walking with him. The man was extremely protective of his little girl. Stopping in front of her dad, Alana smiled and nodded as he asked if she had a good time. The father and daughter turned around and began walking towards the park where they would apparate home after she enjoyed some swing time. Alana dared a glance back, giving Ivaylo a quick smile before heading off with her dad.
The end​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back