Long Distance

Sterling Staton

Sterling made a rather long walk throughout the school that day. The dungeons and Slytherin common room were nice yet he wanted to explore, to get out, to do something. This small need for something more interesting, something more adventurous lead this young Slytherin out towards the the corridors of just about every floor.

Yet as he walked his bright red converses making a simple pat on the ground, it echoed. Where was everything? What was he missing? And more importantly the question was why wasn't Sterling the center of it? I need to get myself a group He thought to himself as he brushed a piece of fallen hair out of his eyes.

His footsteps continued to make the only noise in the hallway or at least that is what it felt like, until he reached a set of stairs, the final set of stairs. Shrugging his shoulders, Sterling decided he had nothing better to do. Climbing the stairs, his athletic body didn't find it difficult at all. And people complain about this He thought almost finding it utterly pathetic.

This young Slytherin finished his climb and did a few laps around the tower before resting his elbows on the window sill, his brown eyes staring out at the lawn seeing but a few students out there. The question of where everyone was still remained and still it bothered him.

Sam needed some fresh air, away from the common room. He decided to go to the North Tower, he didn't really feel like going back there, because of his previous experience, but he decided to go there anyways. He walked fast up the stairs, he wasn't one to walk slow - it was boring. When he reached the top, he noticed he was not the only one who had come up. The boy turned at the sound of his footsteps

"Hi, mind if I join you up here?" he asked, walking over to the boy.

Sterling brought his gaze away from the window as he heard the sound of someone coming up the stairs. Finally someone he thought. Usually Sterling didn't need to be around people, people needed to be around him. Back home, his group followed him just about everywhere. At all times Sterling had a so called 'friend' by his side. Now it was different. He was yet to have his group. That will change He thought to himself as he noticed the boy about his own age coming over.

"Don't mind at all mate" Sterling said as his own brown eyes looked over the boy not quite getting as much character as he would have hoped. "The name's Sterling, Sterling Knight" This Slytherin introduced himself leaving the fact that he was a slytherin out of the introduction. Of course if the boy asked, Sterling would proudly state his house, but until then he left it under the covers not wanting to ruin a possible 'friendship' or at least what Sterling considered a friendship over something as simple as house discrimination.

Jarrod had just sent a letter to his parents from the owlery when he decided to take a minute to relax and enjoy the thrill of being up high, he walked up the extra steps to the North Tower.

As he walked towards a window sill he recognized the two first years standing there "Sterling!" he said with a grin and he turned to the other boy "sam!" he gave them a small wave "Mind if I join you guys for a bit?"

[Hope you dont mind my joining? And Sam im assuming that this thread was after Jarrod was bitten and the thread in the hospital, and im assuming that there will be introducions in the hospital wing, but if you want me to change it I can]

Sterling waited for the boy's introduction when he heard yet another male walk up into the North Tower. Guess nothing too important is going on without me Sterling thought almost happily. Having something going on that he wasn't the certain of attention for would really be more than awful. Now at least that situation had gone out of mind, he felt his shoulder relax just a bit more.

As Sterling turned around at the mention of his own name, he realized that it was Jarrod his room mate, or at least the room mate that Sterling could understand. His other one, Zac, as Sterling called him, had an awful accent. Now most accent around here were awful for nothing compared to the English accent, but whatever the boy spoke was just absolutely horrid.

"Hey Jarrod" Sterling said a greeting smile falling on his face. "Sure the more the merrier" Sterling added as he shook his head to one side trying to get a piece of of his hair out of his eyes only for it to fall back into place moments later. "What brings you two up here?" Sterling asked guessing that the other boy's name was Sam for that was what Jarrod had called him.

[Jarrod, no probs sounds good. Sorry about replying late... I forgot about this post :r: ]

Sam was glad that Jarrod had came up to the North Tower. He had not seen him since he was in hospital, and had been wondering how he was. Sterling and Jarrod seemed to know each other, Sam wondered if they were both in the same house. Leaning against the wall, Sam talked.

"Just to get away from the common room, I needed some fresh air" Sam replied, hoping that he didn't sound stupid. He then turned to Jarrod " So, how are you? Still got that snake?"

"Needed a break" Jarrod replied to Sterling. Thoughts of a bunch of perky slytherin girls crossed his mind, he shook his head slightly in disgust.

Jarrod gave a small smile at the memory of their meeting where he had been bitten by his snake "Im fine" his hand subconciously reached up and rubbed the small scar on his cheek. He smirked "Kept the snake... he's getting over his attitude problem" Jarrod answered with a laugh.

[ooc dont care what they say I have a cool scar :p]

Sam laughed to at Jarrod's comment, and said what he was probably thinking as he ran his hand over his scar.

"That's a pretty sweet scar"

Jarrod smirked, he couldnt help but enjoy the fact the bite left a scar, it was like his own personal battle wound. "Thanks" he replied with a grin. He turned to sterling "What brought you up here?"

[ooc Sam: neita opened a thread in the hopspital where we can all meet]

[Thanks Jarrod, just posted]

Sam grinned back at Jarrod, then turned to see what Sterlings answer would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back