Letters....

Annamarie Rousseau

Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather (Fortified w/ Yew)
Annamarie sprinted up the steps to the owlery holding her letter in her fist for dear life. She is so going to kill me...she is so going to kill me. She chanted her head as she tried to smooth out the parchment on her thigh. She read it over one more time wishing she had more time to write it over.
Dear Nanny and Daddy,

I am soooooo sorry for just now getting around writing to you and seeing as I am going to be home soon I am sure that you probably view this letter as pointless. I have been soooo busy here between trying to make friends, which I have…although they are mostly Slytherin (did I mention I was sorted into Gryffindor?), and classes, and exams, and trying out for the quidditch team (yes I decided to give it a try). I know this letter is mess…and I know I should have written sooner but I promise I will tell you everything when I get home. I PROMISE! By the way how am I going to get home?

Lots of love!

Annamarie
Annamarie finished reading her letter and shook her head in disgust. The letter was written in three different inks because she could never finish writing it in one seating. It was barely coherent and she knew her former professor of a grandmother would not be please with the writing quality. She sighed and folded up the letter and tied it to the nearest owl. “Take this the Rousseau residence in Boston Mass. please.” she whispered to the bird. She ran over to the window and watched the owl fly out into the darkness. Annamarie shivered in the cold, tightened her Gryffindor scarf around her neck, and smoothed out her windswept hair. She scurried back down the stairs to the Gryffindor common room hoping that she had made the right decision in coming home this break.

Annamarie Angelique Rousseau –

It is about time that you wrote young lady. For all we knew you could have been hurt, dead, or far worst expelled! I am glad to hear that you are doing well, if you were wondering we are doing well too. Your father is still unemployed and I am enjoying my retirement. The only thing that is missing around here is you. Speaking of your arrival, you are to fly by plane of course, your ticket is enclosed with this letter, and your father will pick you up from the airport. Now, don’t even think about pouting at that. You know how I feel about your mastery of muggle transportation. I hope you have a safe flight and I will see you soon.

Love,

Nanny

Annamarie had received her grandmother’s letter and ran up the owlery to write her reply. She looked over the letter and rolled her eyes. Although nothing in the letter surprised her, Annamarie was still annoyed by her grandmother's response. Do I really have to take a plane? She looked at her grandmother’s jagged hand writing and she could tell that she was not very pleased. She decided to keep this next letter short and sweet.
Dear Nanny,

I am just writing to let you know that I received the tickets and I understand the plans. I am not going to the Yule Ball so I will use that time to pack and I will be leaving the next day.

Can’t wait to see you!

Annamarie

Annamarie found some dental floss and tied the notes to the leg of a waiting owl. “Take this to the Rousseau residence in Boston Mass. please.” she said with a sigh. She turned and left the owlery to begin packing.

Annamarie wanted to fix the mistake that she made earlier in the year of not writing home as often as she should. She thought it best to start this semester off right with a quick note home letting her father and grandmother know she had made it back safely. She rushed into the owlery in between classes.

Annamarie sat down on the step and pulled a quill and parchment out of her bag. She began to wirte...

Annamarie's Letter to Home said:
Dear Family Unit,

I just wanted to write a quick letter to let you know that I made it back to school in one piece. Classes so far seem amazing! I have charms and transfiguration and history of magic and astronomy. I think charms and transfiguration are going to be my favorites...no offense Nanny. Oh and guess what? I get two classes with Slytherins! So I get to see my friends more often! Still no word on the quidditch team, but I'll kee you posted. I had a really good time during break and I will see yall soon!

Love your prefect (grand)daughter...lol jk!

Annamarie

Annamarie rolled the parchment up and went to the nearest owl. She carefully tied it to the birds leg and watched it fly out the window.

((This is super late but I tried to make it work...::shrugs::))

Annamarie was frustrated beyond measure. Being sick had taken a toll on every aspect of her life. She had been so bogged down with homework and trying to recuperate that she had pretty much lost touch with...well everybody. That was one hell of cold... she scoffed to herself as she slumped up the stairway to the owlery. In light of the events that had taken place at HNZ she was sure she had many a frantic letters from her grandmother. She was surprised that her Nanny didn’t come up to the school herself once she didn’t get a reply. Annamarie made her way to the cubbies where all the uncollected student mail was stored. She shifted through the pile of letters and packages, briefly glancing at a few names she recognized. She finally found a package with her name on it mid-way through the pile. She could tell by the thick layer of dust that it had been sitting there for a while. She quickly tore it open and took out the contents. Annamarie looked curiously down at a maroon jewelry box and the following letter.

Marcus Rousseau’s Letter to Annamarie said:
Dear Annamarie,

I received your letter and I am glad that you have arrived to school safely. I am also glad that you had a good time over your winter break, although I wish we would have talked more. Perhaps we can when you come back over summer. Along with this letter is a present I was intending to give you a while ago. It’s a necklace I gave to your mother when we were just dating. She uses to wear it all the time. Anyways I hope you like it.

All my love.
Your Father,
Marcus Rousseau

After reading through her father’s note, Annamarie flipped open the box and looked down at the simple linked heart pendent hanging off of a sliver chain. She remembered this necklace...She LOVED this necklace. She use to play with it all the time. Annamarie could vividly recall her mother placing the necklace around her neck everyday before she headed off to work. She use to say that the two hearts were her husband, Annamarie’s father, and herself and Annamarie was the chain that held the necklace together. It was a happy memory...a good memory, but why was she left feeling so angry? The emotional rush the memory had caused slowly faded away and settled into a loneliness that Annamarie knew all to well. Mother was wrong... she thought to herself. I can’t hold anything thing together...I can barely hold myself together... she slammed the lid back down on the box and shoved it and the letter into her pocket. No momma...the necklace broke when your heart died. Annamarie ran back to the common room, wishing that she never left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back