Letters

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey walked up to the owlery with a letter in her hand. It was going to her Aunt Helen. She found one of the school owls and tied the letter to it's leg and sent it off.
Dear Aunt Helen,
  How have you been? I know I haven't talked to you in a while and this will probably seem rude to ask but you run a dress shop don't you? Well, The yule ball is coming up soon and I'd like to ask if you could send me a dress to wear like you did last year. Of course I'll send it back after the ball looking brand new. So how have Rick and Ryan been? Didn't Rick graduate from Hogwarts last year? Ryans a 5th year now right? Well, I hope to hear from you soon.

Kailey

After the owl was out of sight Kailey walked back to the Ravenclaw common room.

Helen was closing down the shop for the night when an owl tapped at her window. "I wonder who would be writing me." Helen said as she got the letter off of it's leg. She gave the owl some treats and let it inside, It looked like it'd had a long trip. She opened the envelope and read the letter. This letter was Kailey and she was at school in New Zealand, the owl had had a long trip! After securing the shop Helen walked up the stairs to the apartment above it where she lived. She dipped her quill in the ink and began to write.
Dear Kailey,
It's nice to hear from you. Things have been going well over here, the shop has been getting alot of business lately. So the yule balls coming up then? Yes I believe it'd be about time for that. You say you need a dress? Yes did you have anything in mind? If so i'd appreciate it if you told me. I'll put in one of the catalogs for you to look through. Now keep in mind I can't let you borrow an expensive one. I'd say a 200$ limit is fair. As for Rick and Ryan, No Rick's a 7th year. He wasn't born until October remember? Yes Ryans a 5th year. I hope those two are making the good house of Hufflepuff proud. You were sorted into Ravenclaw weren't you? Well, tell your mother I said hello when you see her for christmas.

Sincerely,
Helen

Once she had finished writing the letter she sealed into an envelope, Tied it to the poor owls leg and watch as it set off on yet another journey half way around the world.

Late the next evening Kailey got the letter and read it. She quickly wrote a reply and headed to the owlery so she didn't break curfew. The owl she had used previously was knocked out from exhaustion so she picked a big snowy white one.
Dear Aunt Helen,
The shops been getting alot of business? Thats always good, Yes it's once again time for the yule ball. I looked through the catalog and found one I really liked, If you don't have that one then I put a picture of myself in, you've always been good with matching a dress to a person perfectly. It's under 200$ I promise, So Rick's a 7th year? He must be looking forward to graduation then. Ryan's probably dreading his O.W.L's, I've heard those are really difficult. But N.E.W.T's are probably harder...Poor Rick. I'm sure their doing good in Hufflepuff Aunt Helen. Yes I'm a Ravenclaw and proud of it. I'll make sure I do.

Kailey

Kailey dropped the picture of the dress and the picture of herself into the envelope.

YuleballY210-1.jpg

072206_023ChooseYourOwnAdventure0060.jpg

Helen got the return letter early in the morning two days later. After reading it she went downstairs into the shop before it opened and looked around. Her hands quickly sending dresses flying to the side on their racks as she looked. After her long search of the whole store she gave up. She walked back upstairs and got the picture of Kailey. She studied it, "Let's see...Pale skin so no tan's, yellows, or creams." she murmured to herself as she scrawled out a list of colors.
Yellow
Black
Red
Blue
Purple
Brown
Green
Cream
Tan

It was a basic list but she would get into shades later. She looked to the picture once more, this time focusing on the hair. "Brown hair....Brown looks good with brown hair...I've never been a fan of brown and green or brown and red." she said thinking out loud before crossing those colors off of her list as well.
Yellow
Black
Red
Blue
Purple
Brown
Green
Cream
Tan

Helen then looked at the eyes...She noted that Kailey had her mothers silvery blue eyes. "Blue...Definatly blue...Preferably a silverish blue." she examined the picture once more "Well, As much as her other would hate it I'd say she has the shoulders to pull off a strapless." and with these observations she hurried back down the stairs. She started a slower search, observing each dress that was in the right colors. After about a half hour she found it. The dress that would suit her niece perfectly. After a quick call to Juanita to get the right size the put it in a garmet bag which had a feather light charm casted on it she set it to the side as she wrote a return letter. Once she had finished writing the letter she noticed A necklace off to the side. She went and got it and put it in the bag with the dress.
Dear Kailey,
I couldn't find the dress you sent me a picture of but I found one I think you'll love. It was on the clearance rack so it wasn't in the catalog. I really don't see why noone ever bought it, it really is a beautiful dress. I had to call Juanita to get the proper size, You need to remember to put the size in the letter. Also, when you return the dress make sure to put it back in the garmet bag or else the owl won't be able to carry it back here!

Helen

P.S About the necklace. Don't worry...it's Cubic Zirconia! Keep it if you like I got it at wal-mart for 5 bucks!

After the owl was out of sight Helen returned to her apartment to get in some more sleep before the shop opened.

Kailey was woken up at midnight four days after she had sent the last leter by the sound of an owl smashing into the window. She emitted a growl and let it in. She took the garmet bag and the letter off of it's leg and let it fly back to the owlery and laid them on one of the other beds in the room. "I'll look at them in the morning." she grumbled before going back to sleep.

The next morning she woke up with the sun, she was excited. Her dress was here! She eagerly ripped open the envelope and read the letter. After she had read it she unzipped the gramet bag. She let out a squeal of delight as she looked at it.

P593promdress1.jpg

She looked at the necklace that came with it. It was pretty, It wasn't too fancy either which was definatly good. After putting it all back in the bag she wrote out a quick thank you and sent it out from the owlery. She couldn't wait to try it on.

WeissDiamondNecklace.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back