Letter to gramps

Crispin V. Cold

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
The young boy stomped up the winding stairs. His breath puffed out cause it was getting colder and colder. His long fingers reached for the doorknob and gave it a feirce twist. "Stupid cold. Wish I was in Florida."
Crispin stamped his feet and rubbed his arms. He hated the cold. He was too damn skinny for this weather. And it's only gonna get worse. He groaned.
His odd eyes looked for the right owl. "Ha!" That one looks like grandfather! "You even look grumpy! And you've got pointy ears!" Perfect. He rolled up his note and tied it to the owl. It narrowed its great eyes at him. "Stuffy bird."
Dear Sir,
How are you?  I am well.  It is cold here.  My studies are getting stronger.  I took my last exam this morning.  Thank you for the supplies sir.
How is Miss Liza and our house elf?

Your grandson,
Crispin

He knew it was bold to ask after the staff.  Crispin couldn't help it.  Miss Liza was cool.  She made the greatest food.  His stomach made a rude noise.  Time for lunch! 

Dear Sir,
How are you?  I am well.  It is cold here.  My studies are getting stronger.  I took my last exam this morning.  Thank you for the supplies sir.
How is Miss Liza and our house elf?

Your grandson,
Crispin

Crispin ripped open his letter. At first he thought grandfather had sent his message back. He turned it over. Oh. He didn't want to waste paper on me.

Crispin,
I am as well as my maker chooses me to be.  You are well.  Good.  You will need strength to get through these trying years.  Learn all your subjects well.  I will test you on them myself come summertime.
I have granted Miss Liza permission to owl you. 
Keep your nose on straight. 

V. Cold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back