Letter for Lemina

Lilea Vesper

Magenta floated down onto the little girl's shoulder. The small owl was holding a letter in it's claws and held this out to Lemina, who was standing up feeding her own owl.
Lemina.
Okay, well your mama wanted to tell you this, or papa at least but I think it's my place. Hoover and I, well we have gotten a job. I bet you're wondering why this is such a big deal for you? Well we've gotten ahold of Dervish and Banges, the magical equipment shop. Now, it's in Brightstone Village. Yeah. Brightstone. New Zealand. Near HNZ. Near your school. Please don't kill us. I know it'll be embarassing and all at first, but I'm sure you can get used to it. Come visit us? We're taking it over immediately and are getting the stock set up etc. It'll all be ready come the next Brightstone weekend. Owl us back, if you aren't busy please come around and visit!
Ask Caysi too, if she's free.
Pleeeease don't be angry!
Lilea - and Hoover too.
x

Magenta sat, waiting for a reply.

[color=9977bb]Lemina was up in the owlery, stroking Nyctea. Suddenly a small owl came and landed on her shoulder. Awww. She smiled. It took a few seconds for her to realise that there was a letter for her. She ripped it open, inquisitive. As Lemi read, the anger began to boil up inside her. She turned around the parchment and sat down at the table to send a reply. Her quill dug into the parchment and was blotchy. [/color]
Lilea.
Look. Okay. You know this was hard for me. You knew all along, and it was still hard for you. What about me? I get thrown in at the deep end. It's hard enough at school, with Caysi knowing and everything, but come on. I don't hate you. I love you. You're my bloody sister. But I do not want you everywhere. Jesus, can I not escape from my troubles at school? Or do they follow me every bloody place I go. You don't know this, but the main reason I went to HNZ is because I wanted to escape the memory of Papa that Scotland held for me, I wanted to get away. So Mama said I could come here. Then Lizzi found some big 'proof' that Papa wanted us to go to HS, so they get all sent off there. For god's sake, Papa was 'dead'. Dead I tell you, dead! So what use was anything he said. I just wanted away.
[color=9977bb]She was raging and had tears in her eyes. Is it not possible to escape? She threw the letter at Lilea's owl, then feeling a little bad, gave her one of Nyctea's treats.[/color]

Lemina, you are a little girl! Look I'm sorry, but you have to face your fears. Ever read the muggle book the worry bags? Well the morale of that story is very important. No matter how you try to escape from your worries, they'll follow you everywhere. The only way to get rid of them is to face them. I'm sorry, but it's a lesson you have to learn. Listen, come around to Dervish and Banges on the Saturday. Do not invite Caysi! I want to talk to you alone, I'm sorry.
Plus, on a happier note, you can help us choose stock!
Lilea.
Magenta dropped the letter and flew off before waiting for a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back