Leaving Glory

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam was admiring the trophies in their polished cases. Sam longed for his name to be etched in one of them one day. He already blew a few of his chances by pulling those pranks. But by getting his name on one of them, at least his father may think higher of him. This made him want one more.

As he left, he hadn't realised how long he had been in there he was in there for about half an hour. Sam really had nothing else to do but walk helplessly around the castle. Many thoughts entered and left his head, trophies, quidditch, assignments but of all: Jenn. He wondered what she was doing now. He hadn't seen her around the common room. Just stuck up in her dormitory. Sam pitied her so.

Walking along the third floor corridor, walking aimlessly he stopped at one of the lower windows and stared out into the neatly cut lawn. He rested his hands on the windowsill. He watched students run about the lawn minding their own business like he should be doing...

Nina had just been with Brogan and was extremely pleased with her life at this moment, she walked up to the third floor corridor, carrying her black flats in one hand and her black bag hung at her shoulder as she played with the silver pendant on her necklace.

Nina began to sing softly to herself, it was one of her favorite muggle songs at this time, called Burning Bridges by Jason Mraz. As usual Nina had a great singing voice, she had been singing in choirs in her whole life, as she had just gotten to the chorus she spotted a younger boy she vaguely recognized as being a Hufflepuff first year or second year.

She stopped singing a flashed him a perfect smile and chirped, "Hi!" Nina beamed at the young boy and glanced out the large window he was looking out of and said in a kindly voice, her British accent showing clearly, "Mind if I join you love?"

Sam looked up when he heard a girls voice from behind him, "Hey." he vaguely recognised her, "Sure, sure." Sam shrugged and turned himself towards her. "I'm Sam...your in Hufflepuff right?" He asked her hoping he was correct but where else would he know her from if she wasn't a Hufflepuff.

Nina nodded her head and said, "That's correct, I'm Nina.. it's a pleasure to meet you." She grinned and leaned against the window but her head was turned towards him slightly and asked, "How are you doing today?" She coudln't help but feel that he wasn't as happy as he could be, but she didn't think that she should say anything. She looked out of the window and smiled as she saw joyful little children playing on the lawn.

Nina Sam would make sure he would remember her name. Nina seemed quite happy, Sam wished he was as carefree. "I'm....okay...I guess." Sam frowned but realised he was causing too much attention on himself. "How are you?" He asked her in return though he already knew the answers.

Nina raised her eye brows at Sam's reaction and asked with a smile, "What's wrong? Anything I can do to help?" She bit her lip and said honestly, "I'm just lovely." She blushed inwardly then smiled brightly at the young boy as she fiddled with her soft black hair. Nina hoped that the boy was alright, she understood what it was like to have more on your plate then you could ever handle, but it seemed that she always did that to herself, Alex and Brogan had always been her rock, now that she was dating Brogan she would be even more happy as well as less stressed.

Sam shrugged, "Ah..its..its nothing...just a...a friend" Sam said slowly not sure should he tell this girl. Sam gave a small smile to Nina as she said she was lovely. Lucky for some.. Sam thought, though when he thought about it, his life wasn't bad. He was sure it'd be back on track sooner or later.

Nina raised her eye brows once more when Sam said 'a..a friend' she pursed her lips and rolled her tongue in between her upper lip and her teeth as she thought about how to respond, when she finally thought of something. "So.. you are close to this friend?" Nina asked with a reassuring smile, she was quite trustworthy and was good at listening and helping people as best as she possibly could. Though Nina often ended up very sick because of the stress that came with listening to other peoples problems.

Sam nodded, "Yeah...best friends." Sam told Nina. She did seem trustworthy and Jenn wouldn't mind if she knew...would she? "Her brother is very ill...she's been away in her dorm for a long time." Sam paused, it felt good to get this off his chest, "She...well I don't really know how to handle it...I mean...how to act around her. I don't know wheter to talk off the topic of her brother or talk to her about it." Sam sighed.

Nina frowned at Sam's words when he was finished speaking she bit her lip anxiously and then said, "Just let her know that you're there for her, and if she wants to talk about it she will." She paused for a second then began slowly and softly, "I know that if I was in her position I would want a distraction, but eventually I would need someone to help me out." She smiled gently as she remembered all of those times Alex helped her become a little less stressed, though it ended up frustrating her a little bit with all of his jokes. "I guess she's really close to her brother?" Nina asked in a more serious tone as she thought of something happening to her baby brother, it made her feel sick to think of something like that.

Sam listened to Nina's advice, "Thanks." he turned his head to the window, not really seeing anything. "Well yeah..its her twin." Sam said still gazing into nothingness. They were close. He remembered them both back on the train. Just a couple of months ago seemed like years. "So its harder for her." Sam added sadly.

Nina frowned harder then she bit her lip and said, "It's always hard when your sibling is ill, is there any chance of him getting better?" She hoped for the little girls sake that her twin did, she knew that she wouldn't know what to do if she were in Sam's position. She would probably flip out inside but wouldn't say anything about it.

Sam shook his head slowly then turned to Nina. "He's...dying." Sam said seriously. It was weird to think that someone so young could get their life taken from them. It sent shivers up Sam's spine. "And..Jenn know's. She know's there is nothing to be done." That was the worst part even if there was a glimmer of hope that maybe Owen might get better.

Nina grimaced at Sam's blunt words. She didn't know what to say, there was nothing to say. Wow this conversation certainly is a buzz kill, Nina thought to herself, but immediately felt guilty about her thoughts. Oh wow, you're such a caring person! Nina thought sarcastically then continued on with her harsh thoughts, A little boy is dying and you only care about how upset this is making you? You're a jerk! She looked at the ground sadly, she knew that this wasn't true, she did care but she couldn't stop the harsh thoughts to herself, this always seemed to happen to her when someone confided in her.

Sam shook his head, "I'm sorry about all of that..but thanks." Sam smiled appreciatively towards her. "So..um....what year did you say you were in?" Sam asked, not really knowing what else to say.

Nina glanced up at Sam and gave him a lopsided grin then said, "Oh I'm in my 5th Year." She smiled proudly, then asked kindly, "How are you liking your first year at HNZ?"

Sam nodded and then smiled, "Yeah I love it here! Its great.." Sam hadn't missed home since he got here. Well there wasn't much to miss. "I love the quidditch pitch!" he admitted. That was were he spent most of his time if he wasn't with friends.

posting as Nina:

Nina smiled at the young boy and said, "You play quidditch eh? What position?" She smiled at Sam, wondering if he played seeker, she hadn't met any other Hufflepuffs that played seeker, so she wondered if she was a shoo-in for the team, she really wanted to play.

Sam smiled enthuastically. "Yup. I'm best at chaser but I am quite flexible though not so much on the seeker. I prefer to be really stuck in." Sam said, he never played that much seeker but he liked it that way. "Do you play?"

Nina beamed at the young boy and said, "Course, I'm best at seeker, then I guess beater next." She shrugged her petite shoulders and smiled gently, thoughts of Brogan washed over her once more. She had just about had the best night of her life with someone that she didn't think she would ever be as close to, but had always wished she would be.

Sam smiled as Nina was into quidditch. "Nice one. Do you play for the team." He envyed the hufflepuff students that were on the team. He longed to play for his house ever since he arrived but there didn't seem to be tryouts as far as he was concerned. But he would keep his eyes open for any possibilties.

Nina shook her head once and said, "No, I was supposed to be on the team this year for HS but I moved here." She flashed the boy a nice smile though she was wondering when the try - outs for the team would be happening. "I think next year you'll be able to try out, unless the rules here are different." Nina shrugged once more wondering what was happening with the team captain, Caysi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back