Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
There was a lot he had to learn about this magical world, it was a whole new well...world. He still didn’t really understand the money or the conversion rate or just the cost of living in this new world though it seemed that not a lot of other people were thinking or worrying about that. He felt nervous and wondered perhaps if just in general most wizards and wizard families were well off and he’d just always be the one worrying about if the allowance would stretch to allowing him to live without any other form of money. He was learning about quidditch which seemed to be a WILD sport. One he wasn’t so sure he wanted to play, but certainly he wanted to try flying and he wanted to see quidditch. It would be so cool to see it. But he was struggling above everything else with the quill and the ink and the parchment. He had a notebook with a pen or pencil for his lyrics and music but he was supposed to use a quill.

Eugene's fingers felt clumsy whenever he took the quill and he just ended up with so many ink stains, smudges and everything else, like how he'd felt when he'd gotten his current guitar and his fingers struggled to reach. He was practicing by sending letters back home to his cousin but he knew the first few were near ill-legible. But he was practicing. He was in a room he was sure was called the student lounge - which seemed like a fancy like common room that he might’ve had at muggle school in the upper years - and while he had his guitar with his he was sat at a desk, writing a new letter to his cousin and being very meticulously with his writing. He knew if he continued to struggle he would need to ask someone for help because he really couldn’t hand in homework that looked as bad as what he was writing to his cousin. He muttered a small curse as he caused another large ink blob to appear on the parchment.

Crystal had been so scared of being here alone. For her was being away from her parents scary. But so far she had spoken to more people than she had ever done. It was nice that she already had met three boys in the park, and two of them were also in the same house as she was. The house Crystal was herself not that really pleased about. She was the only Ravenclaw in her family, and she had wished to be like the others. So far the castle was also one big maze to her and she had walked around and already lost her way many times. So now she found herself walking in an hallway and heard some voices and opened the door of something which seemed to be an student lounge. Figuring she would ask the way back to someone here. She than walked further inside and tried to not look at everyone that desperate. What would people think of her.. When she saw someone she had met before and she was kind of glad to run into him again. Smiling shortly hoping that he could help her. He had been kind to her, the first person who had been from her age. She than walked over to where he was sitting and saw him not looking that happy. '' Hey.. Eugene.'' She than said shy and smiled. '' Is everything ok?'' She than asked him, figuring that was more important than her clumsy losing her way. He seemed to be writing, but what she saw was a lot of ink.

Eugene looked up from his writing, which had just caused another smudge to appear on the page. But his features had no annoyance, certainly none at the girl he was graced with. ”Kia Ora Crystal,” he said happily at her, and then gave a little nod at the second question. ”Aye yeah, I guess. Just trying to figure out this whole quill and ink thing,” he held up his quill and his ink smudges hands to her. ”I’ve been having real trouble with it and my cousin isn’t going to understand my letters one bit, but I just have to keep practicing and eventually I’ll get better,” he assured Crystal. He knew she’d been sorted in Ravenclaw, having paid some attention during the ceremony to the names that he knew. He was even pleased to see her again, knowing that she had been nice to him. ”How are you?” Eugene asked eagerly, ”Want to join me for a bit? I’ll move my guitar?” He motioned to the sit next to him and the guitar that was currently on it.

Crystal heard Eugene saying some language to her figuring that was New Zealand speaking or something. He was figuring out the inkt and quill. And it seemed like he could use help to the mess he had made. He was trying though and she felt for him. '' Do you my help? I can write for you if you like?'' She than asked him with an small smile. She felt kind of sad to not be in the same house as he was. He had been the first person who was so kind to her at the park. But perhaps he had no interest in speaking with her at all and stuff and she had pictured it inside of her mind. He moved his guitar and she nodded at his question and went sitting next to him. '' Thank you.'' The blonde than said with an smile. '' I'm fine. Although I was kind of lost.. the castle is so big.'' She than said and blushed for an moment.

Eugene smiled at her offer, ”I’ll take advice about how to get better, but I’ll need to keep doing it myself,” he said, though it was kind to offer to write for him, and it would probably go quicker, he knew he wouldn’t exactly be able to improve if he wasn’t the one practice. It was like guitar or piano, he needed to just keep practicing and practicing and he’d slowly improve. He would welcome any help and any advice from people. Eugene was pleased that she sat down with him and he nodded, sympathising with the fact the school was huge. ”It is isn’t it?!” he agreed, ”I’ve ended up in places I didn’t realise existed so many times,” he said, he usually tried to head somewhere and if he ended up there then it was a near miracle. ”I know one of the older students did a tour but I ended up finding out about it after the fact,”

Crystal would want to help Eugene for sure, she liked helping people and hated it when they were sad. But he wanted to do this himself, and she could understand ofcourse. They needed to be patient and perhaps she could just help him with that, '' I can help you with that. Who are you writing?'' She than asked the boy. She had been writing her parents about her sorting and all and she was wondering what they would think of it. The only ravenclaw in her family, why? She could not wait to see her parents during the first break. As she sat down next to him she smiled and watched. It was good that Eugene didn't thought stupid of her for losing her way. And he seemed to be having the same thing. She already had an good feeling with the boy when they had met at the park. And he was proven it again, he was very kind to her. She grinned for an moment as he spoke of the places he ended up. '' Oh.. I didn't knew either. That would be very helpfull. If there was an map or something, that would make it a lot easier.'' If there was one she could just take an look and see in which direction she needed to walk at least. '' How is Hufflepuff?'' She than asked him, trying to make conversation. She didn't felt very shy with Eugene, she felt kind of comfertable so just asked what was on her mind.

Eugene nodded and smiled, he was quite warmed by her offer to help. ”My cousin! She looks after me,” he told Crystal, he knew that the question of why his cousin and not his parents would likely be asked, so he’d said it by way of explanation. His cousin looked after him and that was why he was writing to her. ”Right?!” he agreed, it would’ve been really helpful to know where some things were but if only he’d known about it. He was sure a map would be helpful too, but he was sure that it was probably also a little confusing. He gave a little smile and nodded, ”It’s good, I mean, I don’t have anything to compare it to, but it like feels right,” he told her. There was just a comfort that he felt when he was in hufflepuff house, he liked his room mates and spending time with them was nice. ”Hows Ravenclaw?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back