Laugh until you cry

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden tapped her heel on the floor looking down at her faithful pet Judas and than back to the door. Where was Hilde? Eden knew that the message had gotten to her by now and she should be here. Of all the times where she needed her best friend in the whole world this was the time. What had Eden gotten herself into? Wait no the better question was what had Eden gotten Tohoru into? This was all her fault. All she had to do was let Tohoru continue on his path and he would have become a mockery of the whole family and removed. But no Eden just had to save him from that and pretend to be his girlfriend. Where had that put them? No where good Eden now had a huge rock on her hand that could feed a small city for a month. What was everyone going to say when they found out? Tohoru was nice but he was no Chase and surely not Selwin. Just the very thought of Selwin made Eden's heart hurt. Oh how she loved that boy and she had gone and broken his heart time and time again. It was almost like she didn't deserve to be happy... "Where is she?" Eden said bitterly to no one at all as she stormed around the empty classroom daring someone to come in and start a fight with the very stressed out Slytherin.

Hilde was a bit surprised that she got a note to meet up with Eden in a random classroom. She was studying her brains out and figured the break was needed, so she headed up from the dungeons to the room she was directed. Her heels clicked on the stone steps as she hurried up, and then echoed down the hall as she made her way. I bet its something to do with Tohoru and his flaming secrets, she thought as she moved, then muttered "Stupid Gryffindors." Hilde was glad that the hallways were empty and no one would stop her from getting to her destination.

Pushing the door open to the classroom, she heard Eden muttering about where she was at. "I'm right here, woman. What is so darn important that we had to be off in secret?" She spoke while she shut the door behind her. Hilde gave her friend a goofy look, then crossed the room to sit on the window sill, crossing her legs left over right, and tugging her short skirt down so as not to give the other Slytherin a peek at her panties.

Eden looked up as Hilde entered the classroom. "There you are! Where have you been?" Eden said as she looked around the room for a moment. Making sure no one was trying to follow Hilde into the room. Pacing the room once more just to double check. "You are not going to believe this. Nope not in a million years." Eden said as she made her way over to Hilde. Her hands where behind her back and she was doing her very best not to rock back and forth. "I am a idiot like a super one." Eden said softly. Looking into the tired face of her friend Eden figured the best way to do it was to just get it over with.

"So what do you think?" Eden said softly as she extended her left hand and let the light hit the rock on Eden's finger. "Before you can ask. Nope Chase is still in Azkaban. Haven't seen Selwin in months so that leaves only one person left." Eden said softly. Tears starting to gather in her eyes. "How could I have been so stupid?" Eden asked softly to the air.

Hilde simply watched as her friend surveyed the classroom. What the heck was going on? Eden was pacing like something horrible had happened. "What am I not going to believe? Tell me, Eden," Hilde said as the other Slytherin crossed the room to her. "What is going on?" That was when she saw it. The huge ring on her friend's left hand. The stone was massive and glinted in the lights within the room. She was about to ask who when Eden cut her off and removed the two most obvious culprits. Hilde was in shock. Her brain was spinning, and yet, she was not able to come up with any sort of answer that made any sense at all. She realized that her mouth was open in an 'O'. Composure was needed and she needed it fast.

Suddenly, her brain stopped spinning. The tears in Eden's eyes explained it all. "How did this happen? Who forced this?" Hilde asked, her voice soft. There had to be more going on if this ring was from Tohoru. Hilde knew that he would not want this any more than Eden did. "Tell me what happened," she added, grabbing her friend's hand and giving her a slight tug as she slid over on the window sill, hoping she would sit down and fill her in on what was going on.

The look on her best friends face was the very same one she had been wearing for weeks. The shock of it all had just started to go away until she looked down and saw the rock and than she would go back to feeling lost and hopeless. Feeling the slight tug of her friends hand. Eden let herself be dragged into the window and into the embrace of the only person she could trust in this insane school. "It's insane you wouldn't believe it." Eden said with a laugh.

Wiping the tears from her eyes. She tried to put the story right in her head. "Pretty much it got back to the parents that Tohoru and I had patched things up so before we could go and change our minds again they sent the ring and set a wedding date." Eden said all in one breath. "So it seems like I am in the market for a brides maid interested?" Eden said trying to lighten the mood.

Hilde put her arm around Eden's shoulders as she sat down next to her. "Wow," she said after she listened to the details that were given. "You're right. That is totally insane. Why are they forcing this? What does the family get from this marriage?" She was more confused now than ever. It wasn't just that Tohoru was gayer than gay, but that the pair really didn't get along all that well. "So, when do I need to find a dress by and what color am I wearing?" Hilde knew that this was one wedding that she was not about to miss, best friend of the bride or not. This was going to be epic.

Eden shook her head. "So many things Hilde. I'm just adopted into the family so if I marry someone else I take there name and my family loses me. I'm a Seer and a strong one at that. Not to mention I have a good head on my shoulders so the next generation of Koshiba would be smart or so there hopping." Eden said as she looked out the window. A group of first years where enjoying some time off before the next class. Eden could remember those days how she wished she could go back to a time when her biggest worry was to go to class or to skip. Realizing she hadn't even told Hilde anything more about the wedding Eden sighed. "As soon as we are graduated. White everyone is wearing white. No color at all." Eden said simply.

"Well, that kind of makes sense," Hilde started, "but why Tohoru? Is there something special about this match, other than for breeding future Koshiba descendants?" The pairing made no sense. Yes, they got along together now and Tohoru was a pretty boy to look at, but that was it. What was going to happen when they didn't produce an heir? Was Tohoru even going to be able to make the marriage 'official'? So many questions floated in her head that she couldn't even think of how to voice. "So, white. I can do that," she continued, changing the subject back to clothing. It was less stressful to talk about dresses than anything else. "And that works time wise. I will be heading to London after that to train, so if I am going to be here for you, it will have to be soon after graduation."

"Most of the stuff that have has to do with the Koshiba family makes no sense at all." Eden said thoughtfully. "It's more of Tohoru being the last Koshiba male and they want to keep me a Koshiba forever so its the only match they have." Eden really didn't wanna think about how messed up her life had become if only she hadn't tried to over reach herself. "Yes everyone in white. Everything in white. Oh my parents are going to kill Tohoru and I but I don't care. Force me to marry the idiot will they." Eden said her voice going bitter toward the end.

Hilde felt sad for her friend. Eden was being used for nothing better than breeding future generations of the family. It didn't matter to them if she was in love or not with the guy, or him with her. Or that the boy wanted nothing to do with anyone with parts different from his own. They were determined to continue the family and match up whomever they felt was going to give them the best breeding. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I can do, but if I can help you out of this, I will." Hilde rubbed Eden's back, then tried to change the subject to happier topics. "So, white sounds like fun to wear. Any specific style you want me to look for? Or do you want me to be the obnoxious best friend and wear the most outrageous thing I can find?"

Eden smiled and shook her head. "I don't know how I am going to be able to do it. I will be shocked if Tohoru can even say his vows." Eden said putting her head in her hands. It was all so stupid all she wanted to do was get the heck out of school and than run away from everyone including herself. How she was going to manage that she would never know but she was sure going to try. "I don't care what it looks like as long as it is white. I have a surprise up my sleeve." Eden said with her trademarked smirk on her face.

Hilde tried to comfort her friend, but didn't know what else to do. She would be there, of course, but other than being the supportive friend, she was at a loss. "Surprise? Really? Well, I am excited for that part for sure!" She smiled and tried to see the fun part of the whole wedding. "So, I can find the shortest dress possible? With the lowest cleavage?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back