Full Name:
- Kyle Sylvain Alcott

Date of Birth:
- August 15, 2011

Current Age:

Sexuality:
- Gay

Basic Appearance:
- Kyle's hair varies in length, at times cropped close to his head, at other times long enough to brush his shoulders. It is dark brown and curly, and he can often be seen running his hands through it. Kyle's eyes used to be so dark brown they were almost black, but have lightened to a near-golden shade due to his lycanthropy. Kyle has always been short for his age, and though he's filled out with muscle throughout the year, he's lost all hopes of ever being taller than his current 5'4 and a half". His lycanthropy causes Kyle to grow a large amout of body hair, which he's slowly grown to accept. Kyle has always had a prominent nose, which he goes through periods of violently hating. He retains the large scar on his right thigh from when he was bitten, and a few faint claw scars from the same attack. Kyle tends to burn easily in summer, and often 'forgets' to wear shoes, footwear being a personal pet peeve of his. In regards to clothing, Kyle's motto is 'When in doubt, overdress' and among his muggle friends he is famed for showing up for coffee in top and tails, or constructing a full costume for every new movie released, though his whimsical personality generally makes his bold ensembles work. Kyle, unbeknownst to his family, has a small tattoo; a white rat sillhouette on his right shoulder, gifted to him by his cousin as a 16th birthday present. [Tattooing is legal in NZ at any age, most reputable tattooists set age limits of 16+ or 18+.] French is Kyle's first language, and even though he's spent over ten years in New Zealand he still speaks with a slight French accent.

Personality:
- Before he first came to Hogwarts, Kyle was a perfectly outgoing boy, with plentiful friends and strong family ties. The existence of magic blew him away somewhat, and he became shy and withdrawn at Hogwarts, timid about making friends in case he broke some custom, or didn't understand what was going on. After his attack, the happy-go-lucky, live every moment Kyle returned with a vengeance, and ever since he has simply exceeded himself in terms of outgoingness, every so often pushing a border a bit too far and making a fool of himself or offending someone. Returning to the magical world full time once again has put something of a damper on his exuberance, but he feels more confident now that he's more educated, and has really begun to come into himself as an adult. Kyle's lycanthropy has brought out the loner in him though, especially around the moon he feels guilty for so much as coming near other people, and often retreats to hidden little nooks with his guitar or a book, to just be alone and take stock of things.

Family:
Adeline Margaux Blume-Alcott - Adeline is Kyle's mother. She and her older sister Charlot were born in France, with a French mother, and a New Zealand-Jewish father. They moved to New Zealand when Charlot was 20 and Adeline was 15. Charlot married, and had a son when she was 21, and became so busy that the previously close sisters almost never spoke. While Charlot was happy in New Zealand, Adeline pined for France, and when she was 19, she moved back to France, where she met Frances, a New Zealander, whose parents had taken him holidaying in France since he was young, and fell in love. They got married and had two children in France, Ella and Kyle, then when Kyle was five returned to New Zealand so their kids could get better at English, and they could both spend more time with their families, who they missed. In New Zealand they had another son, Alex. Adeline currently works as a translator writing French subtitles for DVDs.

Frances Adair Alcott - Frances Alcott was born in New Zealand to a wealthy family; his father owned a sucessful company, and his mother was able to stay home and look after him. He loved his parents very much, and they holidayed in France every winter. Frances fell in love with France (An irony he deeply hates, he gets annoyed easily if people tease him about his name.) and moved there when he was 20, when he met Adeline Blume. They got married when they were 24 and 25, and had their first child, Ella, when they were 26 and 27. Two years later, they had their second child, Kyle. Frances missed New Zealand though, and after a lot of discussion, he and Adeline agreed to move back to his home country, to be with their families. Shortly after the move, Adeline had their third child, Alex. Frances is bisexual, and in the past has dated men. It's not a secret, his kids know. He currently works as a vet.

Ella Yvette Alcott - Ella Alcott is Kyle's 19 year old muggle sister. She is currently studying early childhood care at Otago University. Ella was born in France, and has much clearer memories of it than Kyle. She misses France a lot, and plans to move there once she's finished university. Ella and Kyle get along really well (though they have their disagreements) and he visits her in her flat fairly often.

Alexander Lucien Alcott - Alex is Kyle's 9 year old brother. He was born in New Zealand, unlike his siblings. Kyle and Ella both treasure and adore Alex, and spoil him rotten with cuddles and playtimes. He is very friendly, and sweet, and loves his family to pieces. Alex has recently started showing signs of magic, something of both excitement and consternation to his family. The thought that Alex could someday enter Kyle's magical world is wonderful for him, but the Alcotts know the risks all too well.

Gabriel Dior Flaherty Blume - Kyle's cousin, Charlot and Keelin's son, a professional tattooist/piercer operating his own boutique. Before Kyle was bitten, the two had only met once or twice, and had no idea that the other was a wizard. After Kyle's bite, Charlot and Gabriel came to stay and help and comfort Adeline, and naturally Gabriel realised the nature of Kyle's injury quickly. When Kyle made the choice to pull out of Hogwarts, Gabriel immediately offered to homeschool him, having bonded closely with his cousin. Over the years Kyle has come to lean on Gabriel for support a great deal, asking him for advice on everything from boys to clothes to music. When Kyle turned 16, Gabriel did him a small tattoo as a secret present.

Fauve Miette Claude Blume and Tobias Joshua Blume - Kyle's maternal grandparents, Fauve is French, and grew up in France. She went to Otago University when she was 19 to study teaching, and met Tobias. Tobias is New Zealand-Jewish, and went to Otago Uni to study English. He and Fauve fell in love instantly, and when they finished university, they moved to France together and married, having two children in France, Charlot and Adeline. They moved back to New Zealand when Charlot was 20 and Adeline was 15. Fauve quicly found a job teaching at a primary school, and Tobias, who had been teaching English in France, decided to stay home more, and the two bought a farm in Mosgiel, where they still live, both happily retired now.

Charlot Evelyn Blume and Keelin Teague Flaherty - Kyle's maternal aunt and uncle. Charlot is Adeline's older sister. Charlot came to stay briefly after Kyle was injured, and they have stayed in good contact since, though Kyle never met Keelin, who died before he was born.

Caitlin Ailis Alcott and Aspen Frasier Alcott - Kyle's paternal grandparents. Aspen owns Alcott Industries, a million-dollar company. They are extremely rich, and live in Auckland. They are very loving grandparents, though from afar. They send Kyle and his siblings lots of presents, and sometimes pay for them to fly up and visit.

Arabella Claude - Kyle's maternal great grandmother. Very little is known about her, but Gabriel recently unearthed her name in a magical history book, and they discovered that she married an (unnamed) muggle, and gave up a successful career in potions to care for her squib children, making Kyle filtered-down mixed blood, rather than muggleborn as he originally thought.

Pets:
- Kyle has a whole cage of rats; some white, some black, some splotched with the two, all the offspring of his poor pet Eli, who died when Kyle was attacked, all named after Kyle's favourite songs, translated into French.

Area of Residence:
- Dunedin, New Zealand, with occasional holiday trips to Paris.

Blood Status:
- Mixed blood

Heritage:
- French-New Zealand-Jewish, though since his maternal grandfather is the only family member born to a Jewish family, Kyle and his immediate family aren't actually Jewish. [Judaism is a maternally handed down religion; if your father is a Jew but your mother isn't, you're not Jewish.]

Special Abilities:
- Can stiltwalk, cartwheel, and ride a unicycle. (Circus classes when he was fifteen, for fun.) Plays the piano and guitar well, has a nice singing voice, and speaks French as a first language. Can speedread. Is a decent actor, and has had a few roles in minor musicals, mostly for fun. Enjoys sewing and can knit, though he tends to keep that private, as he is "violently opposed to the spreading of silly and potentially harmful stereotypes." Wishes he could draw, but never manages more than a few stick figures.

Interests or Hobbies:
- Piano, guitar, singing (Was in a childrens choir as a soprano before Hogwarts, has taken lessons as a tenor since his voice breaking.), sewing, knitting, reading, rat keeping, swimming, played basketball briefly, cooking, theatre.

Strengths:
- Gets along with most people easily, and can make just about anyone smile. Has very little trouble being seen by others, a total performer at heart. Intelligent and a fast learner in most areas, picks up skills easily and retains them well. Feels strong affection for all people; mankind as a whole. Simply adores people and their different ways, and finds them utterly fascinating. A natural comedian, with an ability to tune into anyone's sense of humour easily and make them laugh. Is able to genuinely enjoy the most menial task, finds joy in the simplest things. Has a photographic memory, and can recite lines from movies he's seen once, and accurately describe something he saw five years ago.

Weaknesses:
- Finds it hard to drop his happy face and let people know how he really feels. Always has to be doing something or other to distract himself, and drifts off into daydreams easily when bored. (Mild ADD) Gets overexcited at times and pushes boundaries, acting over the top or saying something that simply goes too far. Has periods of intense self-loathing alternating with anger at his condition when he gets low. Could be called mildly bipolar, though he's never seen anyone about it, preferring to take time to himself to sort out whatever's troubling him as he finds even talking to family and close friends about his feelings near-impossible.

Describe your character in three words:
- Friendly, shielded, active.

Favourite place to be:
- Playing guitar alone, or mucking about with friends.

Friends:
- Mostly muggles he's leaving behind, both nervous and excited about the idea of making new wizard friends and catching up with the old. Had a brief boyfriend, Marcus Foster, who felt it was impossible to really get close to Kyle, and broke Kyle's 15 year old heart for a short time. Kyle and Marcus are good friends now, but their breakup played a part in Kyle's desire to return to HNZ and get out of the muggle world... how could he possibly form a lasting relationship with anyone who didn't know he was a werewolf, let alone a wizard?
Kyle's closest muggle friend is Alison Li, who was in childrens choir with him before he went to 'boarding school', and has been his accomplice in many a musical endeavour since his return home.

Best school subjects:
- Potions, Charms, Care Of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes.

Worst school subjects:
- History of Magic, Transfiguration, Defense Against The Dark Arts.

Extracurricular Activities:
- Guitar, singing, sewing, cooking, swimming, theatre.

Plans for your future:
- Likes the idea of being a musician, but wonders how difficult managing his lycanthropy would be surrounded by people on the road. Has always quite liked the idea of being a chef in his own restaurant. Alters his wishes for the future drastically based on mood.

Your Patronus:
- A rat

Your Patronus memory:
- Kyle finds patronuses hard, not having had a particularly easy life. The memory that works best for him though is his first day back at Hogwarts, the long overdue reunion with Jessy, Kit, and all his old friends.

Your Boggart:
- The full moon, shining down on himself tearing someone limb from limb.

Mirror of Erised:
- Himself in the light of the full moon; cured, happy, and enjoying a moonlit picnic with friends and family, finally able to open up and relax with no more fear.

A page from your diary:
-
It's official!
Kyle Sylvain Alcott is back at Hogwarts!
Leaving was so hard... Alison hasn't cried that hard since David last left her... but I don't want to get into that mess again. I think they're back on at the moment.
Now that I'm back though, this feels so right. It's strange because I was only here two years and one term, but it still feels so homey, like I was never away. I've even got my old bed back in my old dorm. All my stuff's back where it always was... I honestly feel like I never left. It's great.
Seeing everyone's been amazing too... Kit got even cuter (Will say no more - must not revisit old crushes!) and I haven't seen Jessy for more than a few weeks in the holidays in absolutely ages!
Tonight after dinner they're gonna show me where I go to transform, apparently there's a cave that's been used for ages... I didn't even know there WERE other werewolves here. I've never been around any others before. I'm kinda nervous.
The feast's gonna be great though, just like old times. I haven't felt so fantastic in ages.
Well, I might write more later. All of this new stuff and these new people and everything is getting to my head, I reckon I'll go for a jog round the grounds, maybe a dip in the lake.
-Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back