Killing Time

Chace Harker

OOC First Name
Amanda
Wand
Walnut 12 3/4'', Core of Dragon Heartstring
Chace still had a considerable amount of time to spare before he was required to attend Astronomy. Not only did the class seem to be a million miles away from his house, he didn't care for it. It wasn't the class he hated most but it was definitely not up there with his favorites. Now Transfiguration- Transfiguration was a class that he thoroughly enjoyed. Sadly, however, he had to wait until next week to attend it again.

He was in a considerably good mood today. He was at least making some progress with learning names and faces- a process that was tedious but well worth it. Even surprising himself, he had enjoyed being in the company of the Gryffindor. Maybe Chace wasn't as cold hearted as he had thought himself to be?

The Slytherin boy took his time as he paced about the dungeons, viewing the various tapestries and suits of armor that were situated down there. He had yet to talk to any of the portraits, but then again, he figured he would look like a lunatic anyways if he was brought down to that level.

Nina had just finished potions, it was her favorite class so she lingered around as long as she possibly could, but Professor Fox still wasn't too keen on her or the other hufflepuffs. Nina remembered the 'discovery' she made the previous year, Professor Fox owned the Apothocary in Diagon Alley, it was still open, and she still ran it, Nina knew that apparation was usefull but that would get tiresome, at least in Nina's opinion it would.

As Nina walked along the quiet dungeons she heard faint footsteps, Nina shrugged her shoulders and continued walking, not paying much attention at where they were coming from. As Nina walked she spotted a boy, that looked about her age walking around the castle. Nina bit her lip curiously then she asked curiously after she softly cleared her throat so she wouldn't scare the boy, "Are you a transfer from HS?"

Chace spun around, not having expected anyone to speak to him today. The girl that stood in his vision looked to be about his age, maybe a bit older. In any case, he didn't recognize her. He noticed with a bit of amusement that she was a Hufflepuff- Chace had never been able to take people from that house seriously. With a smirk he turned to the girl. "Actually, no, not if you want to get technical about it. I've recently been homeschooled- although I went there for two years. I take it you're a native?" He did not recognize the girl at all and had no idea she had actually been in the same school as him. Figuring that it would be prudent to introduce himself even if he was skeptical about Hufflepuffs, he extended a hand. "Chace Harker. Slytherin Fourth Year."

Nina smirked inwardly then she said, "No, I'm not, I came here from Hogwarts Scotland as well." Nina extended her hand to his and she shook it firmly and said, "Nina Patrokov, Hufflepuff 5th Year." 5, 4, 3, 2... Nina thought, counting down how long it would take for him to realize who she was, she was well known at this school, actually around the wizarding school because of the TriWizard Tournament, she was supposed to bring victory to Scotland last year. "It's nice to meet you Chace," Nina said, though it had no emotions, just blankness, they were just words, as she wasn't sure if it was nice to meet him, for all she knew it wouldn't be very nice at all.

Chace's face was a blank slate as he looked back to her. No, he didn't recognize her at all. "I'm afraid I don't know you," he replied, his voice lilted with amusement. "In fact, I haven't recognized anyone I know from Hogwarts Scotland." The younger self in him was jeering him on to make a comment about swelling egos, but he decided that that would not be such a good idea. She was a fifth year, in any case, and probably knew more spells than he did. He didn't want to leave off on a sour note with anyone, although he knew that that was probably inevitable. In any case, if he had to veer away from someone he would rather it be someone from a house other than Slytherin.

"It's nice to meet you too," he replied, although his voice didn't harbor any intense enthusiasm. He began to wonder if the girl had some kind of issue- but he wasn't going to ask. She sure didn't look too happy to be meeting him in any case.

"Can't say I'm not surprised," Nina said honestly then shrugged her small shoulders inwardly and a smug smirk plastered on her face as she thought, Well..one person doesn't know...this is fabulous! Nina was quite shy so all the attention she got last year was dreadful, but she still got some from the first years and the people she met this year, and now she had moved here, even more attention was given.

The Slytherin boy's lip pursed as the girl responded to him. He wasn't entirely sure what to think of her- one moment she had been expecting him to know who she was, and now she seemed happy that he didn't know. He shook his head ever so slightly. Well, she was a Hufflepuff, after all. "With the way that you were earlier," he said slowly, raising an eyebrow, "I was expecting that you were."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back