Keep Making Me Ill

Boston Adams

OOC First Name
Lovi
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It was the weekend, and Boston Adams was running around the school, literally. She had already seen enough of the outside. The girl had tried to avoid going outside of the castle since Professor Kingston. She was sure of one thing though. She was going to go out to the forest again. It may not be anytime soon, But it was going to happen. She was going to make it happen. If her parents found out she had gone into the forest, they would send for her. Boston wouldn't let that happen. She had learned that she needed to be more conscious of her surrounding. She and Kris would not have gotten caught otherwise. That one professor was definitely on her hate list.

Boston was dressed in running clothes, shorts and sweatshiry her haired pulled into a loose ponytail. She missed her schedule at home. She had more time to run and exercise. Her mothers raised her to play sports. She was always conditioning. She was in love with American football. No, she was not big and burly, But she was fast and could take harsh treatment. Boston started to slow down. She jogged to a stop and placed her hands on top of her head. This school was huge. She was surprised she had made one lap. This was definitely going into her workout circuit.

James was walking along the seventh floor corridor, returning to the Gryffindor Common Room after a particular lesson of Ancient Runes. He had enjoyed it thoroughly as usual, and his mind was still working overtime concentrating on it. As he rounded a bend, he almost collided with a girl standing in the middle of the corridor, her hands on her head. Stepping back a pace, James regarded the young Hufflepuff that had so rudely interrupted his thoughts. Wasn't there a system for always walking on the right in a corridor? Couldn't she do this somewhere else. Once again, he peered closer, and the sweat and heavy breathing was unmistakable. This girl had been running in the corridor!

"There is a whole outside for running around in to keep fit, so i take it you're running from something. Quick, let me hide you!" and he bustled into a nearby, empty classroom.

OOCOut of Character:
I know you weren't running from anything, but James was demonstrating typical Gryffindor bravery, rather than Ravenclaw intelligence at that point :r

Before Boston could clearly catch her breath, she was confused. What? She wa running from something? She looked behind her to check. Nope. There was nothing she was supposed to running from. She assumed that this guy was just not that smart. She crossed her arms over her chest as she let out a sigh. She decided to entertain the boy and his silly antics. She followed him lazily into the empty classroom. "Gee, thanks mister!I didn't know that I was running from something, but you sure helped me out!" she said in mock gratefulness. She put her thumb up and a fake smile. It was hard to believe that this girl was a first year.

James felt a deep flush rush to his cheeks as he realised that this person hadn't been running from anybody. Perhaps, he thought, it would be better if he just behaved normally, rather than trying to save every person he saw - who often didn't need saving. Well, he considered, if he was trying so hard to be Gryffindor, perhaps burning with embarrassment might help as he would at least be red. He needed to rescue himself from this nightmarish situation, and fast. Deciding that he couldn't just leave now, he would have to use distraction from the topic. And that meant talking. So, despite his deep feelings of hate towards talking, James faced the girl, and said "I'm James, James Adams. Third Year Gryffindor, Quidditch seeker." He wasn't quite sure what else to say, but he hoped that this would be enough for the time being.

Boston smiled at the older boy. She must have embarrassed him a little. She would be embarrass too if she had executed vacuous actions. She got excited when he said he was in Gryffindor. She had wanted to meet someone from that house. It was the house she originally wanted to be in, but Hufflepuff was the place for her. He played Quidditch, which really wasn't her thing. She liked American football. Muggle sports were her comfort. She held at her hand to James. "Boston Adams. First year. Hufflepuff." she smiled brightly. It was not until she said her name that she realized that they both had the same surname. "Oh my gosh! We have the same last name!" she explained and jumped happily. That was so cool! It was impossible for them to be related because she had never seen this boy's face in her entire life!

James was still red in the face from embarrassment, and he knew enough about himself to know that he was going to stay this way for a while. So he flashed a grin across his face, and smiled apologetically. "I've never been a good judge of things, excuse my poor social interactions. I would never have fit in with all those Hufflepuff talking sessions - you do do them right?" If the rumours going around the Gryffindor common room were anything to go by, the Puffs apparently had sessions where everyone had to tell secrets and things like that. But then, James thought, they were only rumours, so were probably wrong - either deliberately or accidentally, he was not too sure. "Wait a second, that is too weird...imagine this: two random people meet, have the same surname, and both have magic-? That is crazy - and we're not even related!" James was shocked by this turn of events, it was something he hadn't been expecting, and it had put him on the back foot as he was forced to concede that after that small tirade, he was lost for words.

Boston looked at James strangely. Talk sessions? What the hell did this boy think they were, troubled kids that needed counseling? Boston shook her head slowly. She was slightly disgusted at the thought. Hufflepuffs were friendly, but they weren't overly so. "Talking sessions? You must think we are dumb or something." she said and she crossed her arms over her chest. James was clearly inexperienced in holding conversations. She guessed that some people just weren't. She decided to shrug it off. It wasn't anything insulting, so she had no reason to be angry. She was just taken aback at the things other houses thought Hufflepuff did. She reached up her hand, expecting a high five. This was so cool. "I have two moms." She told him. Since they were on the subject of blood and family might as well. She was proud of her mothers. They were in love. That was all that mattered.

James didn't notice many social nuances, something that put him apart from others as he did not know how to respond, but he didn't notice the glance. The very obvious, noticeable glance. It wasn't so much the glance that was odd, but the way Boston looked when she did this. She certainly thought that he was crazy, that much was obvious. "Only what I got told -" he hoped he sounded apologetic, because now that he thought about it, not everyone that was in Hufflepuff was strange. There was Graeme, although he was Scottish, who was a nice kid at heart. He knew there were a few oddballs in Hufflepuff, but now that he thought about it, there were also a few in Gryffindor too. "I hoped I didn't offend you or anything, it's just the rumour that goes round."

When Boston reached up her hand, James was unsure what to do, so instead he stuck with what he had seen his mother do on the few business meetings he had been privy to. He offered his hand, and clasped hers in his, shaking it a few times before letting go. It was only afterwards, after even when his hand had dropped from Boston's - as if it had just been scalded - that James realised that people probably didn't do that for an impromptu meeting such as this. He blushed with embarrassment, knowing that once again, he would not be able to hide it from the girl. He regretted his foolish actions that had led him into this deeply, and he would never again repeat them, he promised himself. When Boston revealed more about her family, James felt more awkward - if that was still even possible - for he had no wish to pry into the girl's affairs, even if she seemed willing to hand them out like charitable donations. "Uhhhh...cool. Sounds great, I hope they like each other."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back