Just Winners and Losers

Aurora Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Sexual Orientation
Personalities
Wand
Wild 10 3/4 Inch Reasonably Supple Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
It had only taken three years, but finally the time had come when Rory actually knew one of the people she was supposed to be delivering a rose to. It was an odd notion, not having to yell someone's name at regular intervals as she trekked her way along the castle corridors. Flavio must be on the move though, she felt like she'd been chasing the older boy for much longer than it might have taken to track down anyone else on her list. It felt completely by chance that she saw him turn around a corner ahead of her and, startling the students closest to her, Rory suddenly broke into a run and tore down the corridor. If her co-worker got to one of the moving staircases before she managed to catch up she was done for. "Flavio! Hey Flavio, come back! Wait!"

Flavio decided to head to the sixth floor and visit the brotherhood room after leaving the great hall. It wasn't for any club related reason, he just wanted to continue to read in relative peace, and since he had been delivered his third rose of the day before lunch and he did not think he would not receive any more, it seemed like a good idea for him to spend the rest of his time somewhere quiet and out of the way. However just as he reached the door to the room, someone calling his name caused him to freeze. He looked back down the corridor to see Rory, his co-worker at Gambol and Japes, running towards him. He turned to face where she was coming from and stepped forward, wondering why she was chasing him down. It could not be about another rose, could it?​
<i>
</i>

Thankfully all of her shouting had had the desired effect and Rory skidded to a halt in front of Flavio, not wanting to knock the quieter boy over. "Oh good, you stopped." She felt a bit out of breath from her sudden flurry of activity. "I have a rose for you." Her hand hovered over the bunch still in her possession while she located the correct one. "Here we go." She held the rose out towards Flavio, feeling glad that it hadn't been pink or red. That would have been awkward to watch.
Thanks pal!

Flavio smiled politely as Rory panted, explaining she had a rose to deliver to him. When she handed it over, he accepted it happily. "Thank you." He said, looking over the note soon after and feeling confused. It was unusual how many of the notes that came with his roses that day were unsigned. He knew his friends cared about him, thus being the reason they sent roses in the first place. But did they not care enough to let him know who it was from? Flavio shook his head gently, trying to rid his mind of any negative thoughts so he could focus on appreciating the fact he had been delivered another rose, and a fifth one at that. He looked from the note and to Rory. "Have you received any roses today?" He asked her, hoping that she had gotten at least one since from what he knew about her, she was friendly and definitely deserved it.​
<i>
</i>

Rory had initially been happy to discover that Flavio had actual friends who would send him roses on Valentine's. It had always been a mystery to her how quieter people managed to collect friends, especially considering her prime example, her sister Sophia, didn't seem to have even one. But as Rory took in the puzzled looking expression on Flavio's face she began frowning as well. "Is it not good? A mix-up?" She hoped not. She wanted her weird, quiet older co-worker to have friends, dammit. It was just too sad otherwise. "Um... I don't know?" Rory took hold of the conversation thread Flavio had offered like a lifeline. "Everyone kind of seems to be everywhere today. And I'm delivering anyway, so I'd probably just mix them up if I did. But I normally get a few from my friends, so they'll probably turn up at some point." She tried to shrug like it was no big deal - after all, she didn't want to make potentially friendless Flavio feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back