Just looking

Cedric Barnett

Cedric had already found the Slytherin common room but was bored. He went exploring, for nothing in particular but his sister had told him about the building and he wanted to know more. It was nothing like he'd imagined. He thought he'd get into Hufflepuff, but he'd managed Slytherin, though he vowed he'd be the nice kind.

Siddalee was wandering around the castle, shivering, and wishing she could find somewhere warm. she'd lost her coat (of course) and the castle didn't have central heating. She turned another corner randomly and saw a boy about her own age standing in the corridor. Siddalee was bored, so she walked up to him and started talking. "Hi, I'm Siddalee Simon," she said. "But you can call me Sid. Or Sidda. Or Lee. Or any other nicknames you can think of. I have too many nicknames." Sidda smiled at the boy and leant against the wall.

Carla was standing nearby, grinning to herself as she watched two first years. The girl, who was called Siddalee, looked surprisingly like Carla.
She walked over quietly and smiled at the boy. She'd seen him somewhere, but didn't know his name. That was surprising, seeing as he was one of the 'cool' new first years.
'Hi guys. And gals.' She smiled at them both and leant on the wall next to them. 'Both new? Kinda scary isn't it?' She sympathised. They both looked kind enough, so she hoped they wouldn't feel uneasy about a fourth year joining them.

Cedric smiled and turned as a girl around his own age approached him. "Hey" he grinned. "Nice to meet you..er..Lee?" he said, chosing himself her nickname. He was then a little suprized as a fourth year came over to join them. "Um, hi?" he asked, recognising her from the common room. "What are you doing here? Havent you got any friends of your own age?" he asked, wondering why she had decided to hang out with them. He knew alot of the fourth years, after his sister was also in it, but he prefered it if he could make friends with the right sort. He gave Lee another smile, "What house did you make?" he asked her, guessing she was a first year too.

As another, older girl joined them, Lee answered the boy's question. "I'm a Griffy." she replied. "And yeah, I suppose first year is a little...different. But I'm more excited than anything."
She turned back to the boy. "So, what house did you make...I'm sorry, I don't know your name." Lee could swear she'd seen him around before, but she couldn't remember a name to go with the face.

(Um, OK...wow. They DO look alike. And kinda weird, since I was going to use those EXACT pics for my siggy. But I've found some others that I like. Wouldn't want two identical siggys!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back