Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 16" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Simon always spent a lot of time in the library at the beginning of the year, of course this year was a little different given that he was trying out for quidditch, so he’d spent some time there, but additionally because this was the OWL year and so his studying needed to be a little more frantic that any of the other years. The ravenclaw had sent her a letter asking if she wanted to spend some time studying with him. He’d easily make it a little competition between them. He was keen for that to happen, but he also knew that during this year they had to put that a little aside and both just focus on passing their OWLs. He felt like he had to do well, he’d been getting better grades up until now, and Simon wasn’t going to give that up now, not when he was just oh so close to the victory that would come with getting the perfect grades. He’d set himself on a rather large table near the back of the library, where he’d be able to study in relative peace. He had a large cup of coffee and had spent the last hour intensely studying until he heard the tell tale signs of Charlotte. He looked up at her and let a smile settle on his lips, ”Hey Charlotte,” the teen said to her, ”What time do you call this, I’ve already been studying for an hour,” the ravenclaw teased, he’d left half the table available for her to also spread out like he had. More people could’ve likely fit at the table but Simon had scared them all off.

Charlotte was so angry. Why didn't they chose her? She was the best of the best. Charlotte didn't understood it and was angry at everyone. And she heard Simon did make it. And now they would study together as always, and he would rub it in her face for sure. The blonde walked towards the library to their usual spot. The blonde was on the other hand really glad to see Simon again. She always liked to see Simon, more than she always wanted to admit. When she saw the red head, from far behind she sighed for a moment. And than walked over to him. He smiled at her and Charlotte wasn't really happy, so smiling was hard but seeing him was kind of good. '' Hi Simon.'' she than said shortly. And than he had to act like he was the best and all. The blonde went sitting across Simon and than rolled her eyes to him. '' So? I'm confident I have better grades as you. In less time. I don't need all that practice. I am already smart.'' The blonde than said. And she was already glad he didn't started about his stupid badge. The blonde looked around to see if people would not interrupt them. If they would she would scare them away. This was their moment.

Simon knew that she hadn’t gotten the prefect position, he’d been a little surprised by it, but since everything they did was a competition he just also felt pretty good. The ravenclaw watched as she sat down across from him, rolling her eyes at his accusation of her needing to catch up with him. He had near perfect grades, she’d need to catch up with him and then somehow managed to do better than perfect. ”Aren’t you going to congratulate me Charlotte?” there was a little smirk on his face, clearly implying about the prefect thing. But he only let it linger for a second, ”I was quite surprised when it wasn’t you, there’s no one else in your house decent enough for it,” He didn’t particularly know the girl that had gotten it over Charlotte but that was that. He didn’t really pay attention to the other people in their year, some of them he knew of course, others he was friendly with, but none that well that he knew anything about them that would’ve helped him know if they really did deserve the position. He knew his ravenclaw counterpart definitely did, but that was it really. ”I can always tutor you if you need it, there’s no harm in asking for help occasionally Charlotte, and as a prefect I’m more than happy to help,” the boy teased his friend with a smirk.

Charlotte had to think to fast that Simon would not start about him making it to prefect and she not, but that was just stupid ofcourse he would. Charlotte would just pretend that she didn't cared, because if she became mad it wouild be more fun for Simon and she was not stupid, but from inside her blood boiled. '' About? That you were here first? Well congrats.'' Charlotte acted and grinned to him. She wasn't gonna say it. She was to stubborn for it. But when he spoke full of compliments over her she didn't felt angry at all anymore. He saw her true potential not Styx. And Simon's opinion mattered more to her. '' Thanks. I was suprised too. Styx is just stupid. He doesn't see true talent. Shame for him.'' Charlotte than spoke. She didn't knew the two prefects from her year. But what she knew was that they both played quidditch. And she knew Simon would now too. Charlotte was wondering why he wanted to play, he wanted to be the best there for sure. But she thought about it of trying out next year, perhaps she could win and be good in everything and also quidditch. But when Simon tried to be better again it was just classic Simon. Always that redhead. But Charlotte her desire to win from him was big and she was going to have better grades. '' I don't need your help. I am going to get better grades as you.'' The blonde than said confident. And opened a book about history of magic. '' Are you playing quidditch now?'' She than asked. Ofcourse she had done the digging herself already but she acted like she didn't knew. Was that creepy? The blonde didn't knew. If it went about Simon she wanted to know everything. He was her best friend, the only friend she had and thought of worthy.

Simon watched to see what her reaction would be and couldn’t help the smile that graced his features, ”Thanks Charlotte,” he had of course not been talking about getting there first but it wasn’t like he would ever admit that to her face. They could play this dumb little game. He nodded in agreement. He didn’t know what Styx was thinking, but his own opinion was coloured by the bias that he knew and liked Charlotte he didn’t know the people who had been picked. The ravenclaw knew that he’d annoy her with the comment, and wasn’t too surprised by the reaction it got him. Of course she would try and do better than him, ”How will you manage better than perfect Charlotte?” he teased lightly. Simon knew that their back and forths were all in good fun, he liked Charlotte a lot, and liked her a little as more than friends, but since she’d never really shown much of interest in that he didn’t want to linger too much on her. ”Oh yeah, I spoke with Josh, my dormmate and he suggested I try it,” Simon replied, ”I think it’ll be good for me, you know help me expand my education. Have to work towards that head boy position now right?” Simon wasn’t sure what she would make of him trying out but he didn’t entirely mind. Charlotte could think what she wanted about it, Simon was just do as he wanted. ”I’ve been meaning to ask you, I think about asking Diana out, do you think I should just ask her out or like send a note of some kind?” Simon knew that he was going to speak to her, had pretty much made up his mind about how he was going to do it, but he wanted to gauge her reaction to the news. He definitely wasn’t just trying to make her jealous.

Charlotte was glad that Simon didn't continued with this. She was really thankfull for that. One the other hand she wanted to pretend that it didn't hurt her, but it did. She had been the one for this position and not someone else. And not making it was something that made her angry and was the last trigger after what went on with the family. Her broken family. Charlotte still wanted them to be together, but kind of stayed out of it right now. Too angry at her brother and parents. She just only thought of herself right now and that would help her, she would look out to what Charlotte wanted and not trying to bring back the family anymore. She looked at Simon for a moment and turned the next page. And when he asked her how she would do better as perfect she rolled her eyes. '' You have some more duties now and Quidditch so you have to divide your time. I'm only gonna focus on my grades. Also I'm more angry than ever, so the motivation is on the highest level.'' She than spoke and was kind of suprised of how open she was to Simon. He could know how angry she was, why hide it.
'' Styx will regret his choice.'' she than added with a grin. Charlotte was mad at her head of house, and she didn't liked him at all anymore. She wanted to find out about the man, some information but figured it would be hard. But she would just open her eyes and ears and perhaps she could get back at him with something. Charlotte had no idea who Josh was but nodded. '' And why do you listen to him? Who is that anyway?'' She than asked to Simon. The blonde than listened as he continued. He wanted to go for head boy ofcourse. And she could give up on that. And that made her angry. She closed her book with a hard spank and looked up to Simon and put on her fake smile. '' Sure. Whatever. '' She than said a bit irritating. '' I'm sure you make it.'' she than added towards it. She knew how good Simon did and she was glad for him, but it was hard accepting she never would anymore now.

But when he all of sudden started about Diana. Charlotte had to check if she had heard it right. Who was this girl anyway? She only knew her name and had heard she was the daugther of the minister, but that was all. And oh yes that stupid kissing game, where Simon went. She wanted to hide her face in a book but felt her fist coming together under the table. '' Excuse me for a moment.'' She than said and walked from the table and hide herself behind a bookshelve a bit more away from where they were sitting and she looked around her to see if anyone saw her. She wanted to scream. Why was he doing this?! Charlotte made herself more angry than she already was and she threw a few books on the ground from the shelve to express that anger. And she counted until ten and walked back with a book inside of her hand, pretending there was nothing going on. '' Needed this book. There fell something from the shelve. Clumsy person did that, some girl from Gryffindor or something.'' Charlotte acted and she was a person who could do that good. ''No respect for books.'' she than said and rolled her eyes. And looked behind her. She than focused on Simon. '' You were saying?'' Charlotte than asked again and opened the book she brought along about Astronomy. Charlotte had been telling Simon about Analei a while ago and he went along with this. But that was from Analei who send him some creepy letters. But now he came up with this himself? How and why? It made Charlotte irritated. She and Simon were best friends, they spend a lot of time together and Charlotte hated it when someone came in between. And sometimes she thought she liked Simon more than a friend. But she wasn't sure if Simon thought the same. This was terrible.

Simon shrugged at her, ”Watch me do all of that, and get better grades than you,” he teased lightly, he could tell it annoyed her greatly and he did feel a little sympathetic, he knew he would’ve been pretty frustrated if he hadn’t gotten prefect. But, things had worked out in his favour, where they hadn’t for Charlotte. He was sure that it was partly because of the amount of work he’d put in and probably some luck. He nodded in agreement, ”He will,” the prefect agreed easily, he knew that the head of slytherin would come to regret the choice, he didn’t even know who it was that had got it, but it was still going to be something that he would regret. Charlotte was clearly on a war path. He shrugged, ”He’s a friend, and his advice was good. I spend too much time studying I need to get out there more,” he told her plainly, He had always thought about joining the quidditch team, but it hadn’t been until his sister had left that he had actually decided it was time. There wasn’t going to be him working with his sister. He didn’t mind working with her, but they’d always tried to never encroach on the other’s space.
Simon also knew that the reaction he got for bring up Diana was exactly what he wanted. He wanted to make Charlotte jealous, but he also didn’t want to wait around for her to decided she wanted to spend the time with him. For her to admit she liked him. Of course he’d never actually said he’d liked her either, but Simon felt he’d been pretty clear about it regardless. He turned his attention back to his books as Charlotte wandered off, clearly annoyed with him. He heard the vague crashing of books and felt a little smirk cross his features. But he pretended he didn’t hear about anything. She asked about what he was saying and decided he would say it again, ”I’m thinking about asking Diana out, she’s a fourth year Slytherin, really pretty,” he said again, very deliberately picking his words. He hoped after saying all of this that he wouldn’t get rejected by Diana but he was sure there was something there. ”Don’t worry Charlotte, it won’t come between us,” he reassured her with a little smile, though he knew that wasn’t really the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back