Just let it go...

Kyra Alexandros

OOC First Name
Hamza
And more then anything the human body wants to be free.

Kyra finnished the last line of her poem; one for herself, and for others who held secrets of the past. She dind't know why she wrote them so long, this one was at least a page in her notebook. She ahd been writing while walking again; something that never seemed to turn out good. she looked around; where had the sun gone? She must be in the bad part of town. She looked around for help; but she couldn't find anyone.

It's not like she needed help anyways. it's not like anyone cared enough to help her. She wrapped her jacket around her. Everything always seemed to become colder when she was lost; though she was still pretty cold when she was found. Now all she needed was prey to pass the time with.

It was a matter of days until the next full moon.
Deimos knew that. It was one thing he made sure to remember.
He was paying attention to the guide he was reading.. It was telling him about various types of dragon eggs and how to recognize them.
It was a pity he wasn't looking where he was going..
Now Deimos was once again lost in the darker side of the wizarding world.
"Oh-.." He said, looking up and tucking his guide away, now taking out his wand.

He could see someone ahead but in a place like this, is wasn't safe to just run ahead and chat..
Deimos cast his patronus- A lion. It stalked into the darkness to have a look at the person ahead.
It was his way of an early warning system.
Deimos was prepared to cast defensive spells should he need to.

The footsteps in the distance reached Kyra's ears almost immeadiantly. She knew she was being followed, and for a second she felt the eyes on her. She froze. She didn't think it could be anyone dangerous; her heart though said differently. She reached down into her black boots and pulled out her beautiful wand. She turned slowly and looked at the man who stood there.

"Who goes there?" She asked in an icey and at the same time comforting tone.

The Lion vanished.
Deimos was pointing his wand, preparing to disarm.
Would there be a stand off?
He stood there in the darkness, pointing his wand until he decided it would be safe so reveal himself.
"Lumos."
The tip of his wand glowed, illuminating him and the other person.

The woman seemed little threat but Deimos knew better than to judge a book by it's cover and approached with caution.
He did not lower his wand.

Kyra stood there, watching the tip of the dark skinned man's wand illuminate. She felt it was rude that he had ignored her question, so she asked again, "Who goes there?" she didn't not lower her wand. She didn't even move.

This time, Deimos spoke.
"Deimos Ares." He walked closer. "I do not wish to cause unnecessary harm."
He lowered his wand. "I am lost.."
It wasn't the first time he had got lost down these narrow streets.

Was she a threat too him?
Was this woman the sort to kill in cold blood?

Kyra did not smile, however, she did return the favor. Lowering her wand she said, "Kyra, Kyra Alexandros." She looked him over, from his dreadlocks down. He was much taller then her sad height of 4'1". She then slipped her wand back into her boots; he was lost also. It would be hopeless to stick around and talk to him; since she herself was lost. And she stated the fact bluntley.

"Well then i wont be of any sevice. i am also unsure of where i'm going." She slipped the pocket book away, making sure to close it first. She kept her distance of the man, never taking her eyes off of him.

Deimos noticed the woman slipping something away.
He payed little attention to it.
They were both lost in the darkness. Both strangers. Both probably wondering if the other would kill them..
Deimos took no time in getting to the important facts before he attempted to leave.. Because once his back was turned, he was vulnerable.
"Let's get something straight," he said, his eyes solely focussed on Kyra, "I am not a pureblood and nor do I believe in blood purity as making a person more important or not."
Deimos knew that if she was for blood purity then she would surely hurt him. If she was against it like him then perhaps they could work together to escape this darkened street.

The darkness where his wand wasn't lighting was overwhelming, and she buttoned the two middle buttons on her jacket, adjusting her jeans back onto her hips. The man spoke again; this time of blood purity. Kyra hated blood purity; she thought it was stupid. apparently he did to. She let a small smile appear on her face, but it didn't stay there long. "Good, we're on the same page." She said little, but it expressed a lot.

It was now or never.

"Wanna... um... see if we can... ya know... make it outta here." She stumbled a lot; asking him to pair with her so they could make it out. It was a difficult thing to do, especially since she hated the feeling of needing someone to help her.

Deimos nodded in agreement, his want tip still lit.
He turned back towards the way he had walked. "Seeing as I came from that direction, I suggest that is the way we go."
His tone was serious, his eyes focussed now on the street ahead although his mind wandered to the woman.
Deimos began walking, taking big strides.
The street up ahead seemed clear enough but he knew they were far from Obsidian Harbor.

She moved a bit closer, she wanted to be in the light. She nodded at his words, still silent; yet still thinking. Should she say something? the man turned to leave, and she followed him. It was silent, the wind blew; Kyra looked around. "So, um... are you new?" She asked awkwardly.

Deimos appreciated that the woman was trying to make conversation.
He was not a very good conversationalist but he would try for the fact it may keep them sane a little longer.
"I am fairly new to New Zealand, yes. I am touring the world but I am living here for the moment."
He flashed a half-smile, trying to be polite but the smile was wasted in the darkness.
"And what about you? Are you from around here or are you just passing through?"

She smiled slightly. She knew he was smiling, though she couldn't quiet see it. He asked her; and truthfully she didn't know. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to stay. "I don't know. I mean... I'm from Oregon, in America." She bit her lower lip, thinking more. She might stay for a year, maybe for a day. "Traveling the world though; yuk, too much flying."

Deimos laughed lightly. "Tell me about it."
Their feet tapped on the ground as they walked, the sound echoing around them.
"I was born in Africa and lived there for a few years until I went to live with my father in Germany.. I've been traveling round a lot... I don't suppose I can call anywhere my home."
There was a couple of minutes silence as Deimos walked through the darkness.

There was a choice of two paths- left or right...
Deimos stopped and looked between the two. He then turned around and reversed a little way up each path before deciding on the left one.
"So.. Are you alone in New Zealand? Any family?"

She listened to the footsteps and his voice, melding together in rhythmical noises and sounds. She wished that the birds would make noise. He explained coming from Africa; and she smiled a bit. She had always wanted to travel their, explore the safari; even work there as a nurse or something. She never got the chance. She looked up ahead at the two paths. She had instinct that told her which one to take. But she wasn't going to go right out and say it. This time she had spent with Deimos was very fun; it was the most interaction she had, had with anyone other then her family, in she didn't know how long.

"I have family here." She stated. "But, they don't know i'm here yet." She looked at the ground. She was slightly ashamed that she hadn't made any contact yet. Especially with Christmas just being done. She hadn't even sent a card. She walked down the left one, the one he had chosen; the one she had wanted to choose.

Deimos smiled a little.
"Well, it's always good to have family around."
He himself had no family around and for that he was thankful..
Deimos' secret was cutting at his insides. He knew he could never form a close relationship with someone.. He might kill them.

His eyes shifted about the darkness.
They continued walking with another fifteen minutes or so before they could be anywhere near the outskirts of Bleak Street.
Deimos hadn't talked to anyone that wasn't family in years.. Especially not a woman.
"I take it you don't have children- Being as young as you are."
It was an awkward comment but Deimos was trying his best to be social.

She nodded; acknowledging but not necessarily agreeing. She enjoyed having family around; but she didn't necessarily need them. She wondered where they were exactly, because they seemed a ways off from being away from this place. She felt awkwardness in the air; and his question didn't make it any better.

"Well I uh..." She didn't want to admit that she had a kid when she was 21 with her previous fiance. When he left, he took her too. She looked at the ground, and shook her head; she had no real kids. She then looked up; "You?"

"No." Deimos said truthfully, "I have never met the right person... I'm not normally this social but.. yeah.."
He turned his head to focus on the street once more.
He could hear people talking in the distance.
They were almost at the Poison Ater.

"People like me are never likely to be blessed with children.. Not without causing a lot of problems."
Deimos sighed. He wanted kids but there was a chance that his problem could pass on to them. And he had told himself not to be selfish because giving what he had to a child would be purely cruel.

She listened to him deny having kids. His answer was quicker; he probably wasn't hiding a secret about children like she was. The voices in the distance kept the silence at bay as he stopped talking. She looked in the same direction he was looking. and sighed. They were almost out.

"Neither am i." She said looking the opposite direction. "People like you... You mean kind, and helpful young men?" She asked. It was a joke; not a good one, but it made her smile. She was almost tempted to add handsome; because he was very handsome.

Deimos laughed.
"I wish," he said, thinking of his dark secret.
He would tell her sometime if they ever met again.
They were getting a lot closer to the rest of civilization.
Deimos' eyes picked out a figure up ahead, muttering something about firewhisky.
"Nearly back." He said, making a point to change the subject.
He would not discuss his furry little problem quite yet.

As they reached the Poison Ater, Deimos turned to Kyra.
"We should do this again some time." Deimos said sarcastically in reference to getting lost.
"But we should meet up for a drink.." He had been about to suggest the next weekend.. But he remembered that it was that time he would be out in a forest somewhere, racing after deer and ripping out their innards.
"I can't do Saturday." He said quickly.

He laughed; she liked the sound. It wasn't light hearted, but it wasn't a sarcastic 'haha' laugh. He said he wished, and she became curious. She didn't want to ask though; she figured that he wouldn't open up to a complete stranger. He changed the subject, saying that they were nearly back. She was relieved, but a little part of her was disappointed. For the first time in a while, She had enjoyed talking to someone.

"Oh yeah, i get lost on Thursdays." She said in response to his comment. She let a smile slip onto her face as he mentioned meeting up for a drink. She might actually have fun this time. "Definitely." When he mentioned not being able to do Saturday, she shrugged. She pulled out her notebook and pen, and wrote down her number on a blank piece of paper.

"How about." She pulled out the paper. "You call me, and set something up?" She hoped he would take the offer, that way they could meet up.

"Yeah.. Sure." He said, his tone positive.
"See you." He said, nodding politely before walking further up the street and towards the Leaky Cauldron.
He would only be staying there a few days.. And by Saturday he'd be in a New Zealand Forest.

END SCENE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back