Just being.

Hollie Ridley

Wand
'Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather'
Hollie wandered into the library casually. She spotted a free table instantly, and made her way over there. She settled down and gazed around at the numerous isles and uncountable books. I love this place she thought, happily, as she opened her book 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them'. She skimmed the intro and then opened it on chapter one.

Just as she had started, the library door opened. Hollie looked up, to see a Gryffindor 4th Year walking in, whom she recognised as Hilary Grace, the Gryffindor seeker. She gave a small smile, and waited to see what Hilary would do.

((Its fine this time as we had already planned but just so you know saying what someone else is doing is usually frowned upon and can make some people mad :D Just warning you... )))

Hilary walked into the library for the first time this year just because her feet had led her here. She glanced around for an empty table and instead saw one of the new Gryffindor "cubs" smiling at her. Hilary, being a friendly person, went over to the table and asked the girl, "Hi, I'm not sure if you recognize me but I helped you out at Weasley's, my name's Hilary.... do you mind if I join you?"

Kate smiled as she walked into the Library. She loved the quite and peaceful atmosphere full of books. As she walked in she spotted her friend Hollie Ridley at a table with a pretty and tall girl wearing a prefect badge. She wandered over to them and took a seat, gasped and stood up again. "Sorry," She replied as Hollie and the other girl stopped talking. "may i join you???"

((Hi Deb, Hi Jo!! Kate doesn't know your characters name yet Deb so you will have to introduce her Jo!!!! Sorry to Godmod you!!! Whys it called Godmodding???? :-? ))

((OK thanks :))

Hollie smiled at the older girl.
"Sure I remember." she said, smiling. "My name's Hollie. And yeah... course you can join me. I don't mind." She looked around, wandering what to say.
"So, I thought you were a prefect? How come you don't wear your badge any more?"

She stopped talking as Kate came over.
"Ur... yeah sure!" she said, deciding that the more the merrier. "This is Hilary, another Gryffindor. Hilary, this is Kate, one of the first people I met here!"

(((Actually guys, neither of you would have known that I was a Prefect before, and as that's character stuff I'd prefer not to share it with your guys characters as i don't really know either of you very well.... so I'm going to ignore those questions :p )))

When Hilary received her answer she slid into the chair beside the girl. "Hey Hollie, so are you enjoying school so far?" Before she had a chance to answer, another young student in a Hufflepuff uniform came over. When she asked to join and Hollie intruduced them Hilary turned around to face the girl and stuck out her hand for a handshake. "Hey Kate, I'm Hilary Grace... have a seat"

"You're welcome Kate" Hilary said with a smile. "How are you enjoying school here guys?" Being the older student at the table she wanted to atleast try to build the conversation here.

Hollie smiled.
"I sure am!" she replied, eagerly. "It's great here! It's just..." her head dropped; she felt a bit embarrassed. "I get really lonely. There's loadsa people with really good mates and I feel really out of it. Everything I do is either on my own or because I make a huge effort to talk to someone. It's really hard." she knew she should stop now, but she couldn't. "At my last school, back in the Muggleworld in england, i had a best friend, lauren, and we did LOADS together. And here... well, it feels like I'm always on my own." she gazed helplessely at Hilary. "What do you think I should do?"
Hollie took a deep breath. She needed to cry somewhere, but she couldn't.
"I mean, Belle and Steph, two gryffindors in my year, they're like inseparable, and Steph's already got a boyfriend James. I think they're going out anyway. Even Kate here has a best friend, Kittie. It's really hard!"

She stopped as Kate sat down.
"hey" she said, pulling off an unconvincing smile.

Kate smiled kindly at Hollie. Sypathising with her. She had never had any dificultly making friends but tried to put herself in Hollies shoes. She gasped as she looked at Hilary again. Blushing slightly as she stuttered, "Are you the HNZ triwizard champion?? Im sorry for not noticing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When is the first task?????" Kate asked

(((Actually we were role playing that this was happening before the announcement :p Just so you know role plays usually happen in order by their starting time :p So sorry but once again I'm ignoring that comment :p )))

Hilary listened to Hollie's problem but didn't have the chance to answer it before Kate came up. After Kate gave her reply to the question Hilary decided to offer her support. "Although Hogwarts is full of friendly people there are many who would rather group into their small friendship groups than be open up to everyone. I remember how bad first year felt, as I came into the school knowing noone and didn't actually meet anyone for several weeks. But the classes shrink as you go along and the more you just don't care what others think the more others start to care." For how she was feeling at that moment Hilary was surprised what she managed to do.

"I know Hollie" Hilary said calmly, "But just trust me that it gets better. Yes sometimes it's really hard and trust me, I know what that feels like, but being involved is as simple as proving to people that you care enough to care. If you know what that means." Hilary really hopped that she was helping the first years.

Hollie nodded. Talking with the older student had really helped.
"Thanks, Hilary." she said, quietly. "I'm really grateful for your advice. It's helped me so much. Thank you." She looked around, and stood up. "Anyway, I think I ought to be off. It's been so nice speaking to you. I hope we can do it again soon!" She smiled as she picked up her sachel, and waving, trotted out of the library.

"You are very welcome" Hilary said with a smile. When she heard that the girl had to leave she said "Alright, bubye Hollie" nce she had left Hilary glanced down at her watch, it was only an hour until the arrival banquet and she still had some work to do "Actually Kate, I've got to get going too... but it was nice meeting you" She gave the first year a smile, grabbed her bag and exited the library.

((Sorry guys to have to write this but i am leaving HNZ for good. I might be ale to pop on now and again but won't be on for proper. Thanks for the great times in the library and around school!!!
See you,
Kate
xxxxx

P.S Watch the Absent list to check when i have gone for good and then you can celebrate with me leaving,

Bye!!!!

))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back