Josiah and Jaymi

Josiah Lancaster

Josiah yawned as he overlooked the beautiful lake of Hogwarts. I shouldn't have stayed up so late working on that History of Magic essay, he thought to himself. Glancing over his shoulder, he still couldn't see Jaymi who had agreed to meet. Afterall, they hadn't spoken since they got off the train and there was so much to discuss. Houses, classes, the expansive jungle known as Hogwarts!

"I hope he didn't forget.."

Jaymi was engrossed in reading one of the class books and didn't notice the time. Stretching, he looked out the window and his eyes widened. "Josiah! Oh no, I totally forgot!" Throwing on his robe, the boy raced past the painting and down to the main entrance, flying out to the lawn. Sprinting to the lake, he looked around for Josiah. Seeing his friend, he ran over, collapsing to the ground beside him. "Hey," he panted, trying to catch his breath.

"You're late!" Josiah said seriously, then he grinned broadly and punched Jaymi lightly on the shoulder, "This school is amazing!"

Before long, Josiah was pacing, hardly able to contain his excitement.
"You don't know how relieved I was when I heard the sorting hat say 'Hufflepuff'. So.. are you enjoying being part of Gryffindor?"

Grinning, Jaymi scooted so he could lean against a nearby tree. "It's pretty good, I guess. I keep to myself, mostly. There's a lot of older kids there. Another boy moved into my dorm room, but I don't know his name. Vydrael, I think. He seems nice enough. What about you? How is Hufflepuff?" He yawned, lacing his fingers together behind his head and staring out across the lake.

"Vydrael? Do all of the Gryffindor students have such epic names?" Josiah smiled, "Hufflepuff is fine. I don't know many of the students yet, but they're all so friendly.. it's only a matter of time!"

Josiah gazed into the eyes of the gorgeous lake again. The moment seemed surreal. Josiah found it hard to believe that such a magical place existed. No pun intended. He looked over to Jaymi and wondered if being in different houses would divide them.

"Jaymi isn't epic! Jaymi Alen Whitfield. That's about as normal as you can come, Josiah." Jaymi laughed, tugging on the hem of his friend's robe. "Sit down. Your pacing is making me dizzy." Pulling Josiah down beside him, he looked out at the lake. "There's no lakes near my home. The ocean is nearby, but that can get pretty wild. Lakes are nice and calm." He looked at the other boy. "What about your home? Where do you live?"

Josiah lay back on the soft earth and closed his eyes.
"I was born in New Zealand, actually," he said, "But my mother was born in Ireland. My father, England. I'd like to go to one of those places sometime.. see where my parents came from, ya know?"

He opened his eyes slowly and turned to his friend, "Where are you from? Gotta be more interesting than little old New Zealand?"

[Is this Open or closed? If closed I'll edit.]
Kailey was taking a run. She needed to stay healthy and she figured running was the best way to do it. She decided on a run from the castle to the Quidditch pitch and back, that was pretty good distance. On the way back she got her foot caught on a huge plant and fell. Her head hitting something that felt like a foot. "Sh!t!" she mutered under her breath. She noticed there were two guys there and turned red. Why did she have to fall in front of them!

['Tis open. :p]

"Hold that thought!" Josiah silenced Jaymi rather rudely, as he noticed a girl fall over nearby. He had experienced the annoyance of overgrowth himself, when he had first ventured from the castle. Absent mindedly, he had walked into a tree branch and tangled himself in it rather stupidly.

He hurried to Kailey's side and offered a hand to help her get up.
"You okay there?"

Jade was taking a nice peaceful walk down the side of the lake. She was enjoying the water. She tried to skim a stone across the waters edge. It bounced twice and sank to the bottom. She watched the water ripple where the stone had been thrown. She noticed some people talking to each other a few metres away. She recognised one of them to be Josiah.
"Hey, what are you guys doing down here?" she wondered what her response would be like.

Kailey took his hand and used her other to help push herself up. Once she was standing again she wiped the dirt off of herself. "I'm fine...I'm used to it." she admitted sheepishly. Her face still blood red, "I'm Kailey by the way" she said "Thanks for helping me up."

Kat was walking out across the school grounds not paying too much attention to her surroundings. She was noticing how beautiful the sunlight glimmering across the waters surface was when she heard voices. She looked over and saw a boy helping a girl up off the ground. Upon closer inspection she noticed that the girl was her friend Kailey. Kat walked closer to them and noticed that there was another boy and another girl with them. She assumed that they must be first years because she'd never seen them before. She walked up to Kailey and said, "Falling over your own feet again are we Kailey?" She hoped that her friend knew that she was only joking with her and didn't take it to heart. Kat then looked at the rest of the people in the group and said with a bright smile, "Hullo! I'm Kat!"

((i hope it was okay if i joined...if not just tell me and i'll pretend as if i was never here :D ))

Kailey playfully stuck her tounge out at Kat. "I've gotten used to it...Wow that's sad isn't it. That I'm used to falling over my own two feet." she admitted with a small chuckle

"Nice to meet you, Kailey.. Kat," Josiah smiled, slightly overcome by the sudden crowding of people. Then he realised that he had rudely ignored Jade and turned to her, "Er.. I was just admiring the beautiful lake. I'm a first year, so this is my first time seeing it. Quite mindblowing!"

Kailey smiled "Nice to meet you too..." Kailey paused, She hadn't heard him say his name.

"Nice to meet you as well...." she trailed off as she didn't yet know the boys name. "So a first year huh? What house? I don't believe i've seen you around." she looked at the others as well and added, "In fact I haven't seen any of you before. What house are the rest of you in?" She was hoping to make more friends than she had last year, since she was slowly starting to come out of her shell a little bit.

"I'm in Hufflepuff," he smiled happily and then came to a realisation, "Oh, I do apologise! The name is Josiah. Josiah Lancaster."

To hide the slight redness of his face, he turned and looked out at the lake. He wondered what it would be like under the water. Safe? Unlikely. Afterall, he had heard many stories of the bizarre creatures which resided there.

"Hufflepuff you say? Hufflepuffs a good house. Josiah's an interesting name." Kailey said, she looked out at the lake. She wondered where the squid was. She had seen the top of it poke out of the water on numerous occasions.

"Well then nice to meet you Josiah!" Kat said brightly, still wondering what house the other two were in, but not wanting to hound them too much. "How do you like it here so far? Classes going well I hope!" she added with a smile, trying find out more about her new schoolmates.

Jaymi grinned, watching Josiah handle the attacks of the three girls. Standing and brushing himself off, he walked over to the group. "Hello. I'm Jaymi, from Gryffindor. Pleasure to meet you." He nodded to each of the girls, laying a hand on Josiah's shoulder. "Natural Hufflepuff, Josiah. Not here but a few days and already you have friends." He grinned, looking at the girls in question. They looked like second- or third-years, but appearances could be decieving.

"Hello Jaymi I'm Kailey, Pleasure to meet you too. Gryffindor's a good house." Kailey replied

"Nice to meet you as well Jaymi!" Kat said with a bright smile. She looked at Kailey and said, "Darn right Gryffindor is a good house, but then again i'm a little bit biased." Kat giggled slightly and then added, "Plus almost two years in there and i've grown a little bit fond of my housemates! Good to know that we've got some more boys in Gryffindor though. I think Bruin and Grande were starting to get a little bit lonely in there with all us girls!"

"I'd say they probably were." Kailey added, looking out onto the lakes glassy surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back