James and Steph's date.

James Abbott

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash,
James and Steph walked back to school hand in hand, they had just come from Madam Puddifoots, and they had decided to come back to school.
'Wanna sit out here for a while?' He asked.

'Sure' She smiled up at James. 'Here's good.' She flopped down onto the grass by the side of the lake, it was a beautiful warm day. The sky was clear and the sun shone way above them. Today was going perfectly.

James sat down next to her, 'So, you gonna tell me what that letter said?' He knew this was a hard thing to talk about, but he also knew when Steph kept things that were hurting her to herself, she could break pretty easy. 'C'mon spit it out!'

Steph looked at the grass, and sighed, 'I guess you should know, you are my best friend after all.' She took the folded up letter out of her pocket and re-read it.

Steph,
sorry i havnt sent you any news lately, ive had a lot on. Me and Ami have decided to find a house. And its pretty stressful here. But i guess you've got to know about Rose, so here goes.
She hasnt got any better, the doctors are worried about her. She's refusing to eat, she made herself sick last time we visited. They're gonna put a tube into her stomach, and feed her like that. Its the only way.
Steph please dont get yourself upset. I know she's your best friend, but getting into a state wont help anything.
Rose is to weak to write a proper letter, so she gave me a note. I didnt read it, its private.
I'll write soon.
Alex
x

She bit her tongue, she didnt want to cry. Not today. Steph took a deep breath, and handed the letter to James.

James read the letter and looked at Steph, she looked so hurt. 'She'll be fine babe, i promise.' He said quietly, holding her hand.

'Yeah she will.' Steph said, leaning against her best friend. 'How'are you doing?' She asked, hoping he wasnt still cut up about his mum.

'Im doing fine,' James told her truthfully, he missed his mom, of course he did, but he knew being upset about it wouldnt bring her back.

Steph smiled at him, she admired him for staying so strong. 'James?'

'Yep?' James was so happy to be here with her,

Steph yawned. 'It doesnt matter.' She lay down, leaning against his legs, closed her eyes. And allowed herself to fall asleep.

James looked down at Steph, she was asleep. He laughed slightly and lay down too. Stephs head was resting on his knee's.

Steph yawned and opened her eyes. She didnt know how long she had been asleep for, but she sat up and looked at James, his eyes were closed but she didnt know if he was awake.
'James?' She said.

James opened his eyes and saw Steph sitting up looking at him, he hadnt been asleep, just thinking. 'You awake then?' He said.

James laughed and hugged her tightly, 'Had a good sleep then?' He said lying back down.

'Yep, it was good.' She said, lying next to him. She yawned, 'I havnt slept properly for days.'

James laughed slightly. 'Ahh well, you'll sleep alright tonight.'

James sat up too, 'I just know.' He said looking her in the eyes.

Steph looked at him, she didnt know where he was going with this. How could he possibly know if she'll sleep well tonight. 'James your a weirdo sometimes.' She laughed.

James smiled, and stared deep into her eyes. 'I know.' He said softly, leaning in and kissing her..

When they broke apart, James smiled and held her tight.

Steph smiled back, she hugged him and stood up. 'Lets go, up to the common room, i have things to tell you.' She ran off towards the castle. This was the best day of her life!

'Sure.' he shouted after her, watching her run off towards the castle. He stood up and ran after her, beaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back