I've Never Been A Fighter Before

Yiwen Marionetta

OOC First Name
Cole
Set Christmas Break Y29

Yiwen Marionetta had never been so nervous about meeting someone as she was right now. She and Cyril had been communicating for around a year, and for the first time they'd decided to actually meet in person. Yiwen did not care if she looked strange to him, did not care for her messy hair. She cared only of her ability to speak. It seemed often that the self proclaimed ugly duckling couldn't form words when she was in face to face communication. She couldn't speak because she wasn't given enough time to think. The blonde wasn't sure exactly where she was going, but she knew she'd recognize Cyril once she saw him. She had looked at his picture a lot after he'd sent it. it was a nice photo. The blonde blushed at the thought of that, and the remembrance of his compliments. Yiwen's large orbs were pointed to the ground as she walked, only glancing up to see if she could see Cyril in the crowd - or find where it was his business was set up.

Meeting a girl that was good friends with his sister, Candance, Cyril was not too sure about it since he suspected that she would be young. Cyril was not exactly done setting up his martial arts studio, but he did invite Yiwen over to have a look at it. He had put a few red streaks in his hair since he showed her a picture of him. He finished his daily section of working out before he went out of his shop that said that it was closed for now. He was not ready for it to open, but his sister, Freya, was helping him between her shop and her baby, Reed. Cyril was not entirely supportive of her life, but at least she was seeking out the father of her child. She might deny it, but he knew his sister. Looking at the time watch, he saw that it was about time. He exited his shop and held up a sign that said her name on it. He was not exactly dressed accordingly, and still had some sweat glistening from his tan skin. The sign was messy, and figured that she would see it, if she could over the heads of the crowd. Cyril was not exactly enthusiastic, but what could it hurt since she was a pure-blood?

Yiwen spotted Cyril shortly into her walk, but at first she didn't want to approach. Instead she stopped in the crowd a ways back and looked at him to be sure. He was holding a sloppily made sign with her name on it though... it was almost cute. Considering she was an artist she knew it wasn't good by any means. His hand writing or the sign. But it was nice he'd get her attention like that. Yiwen finally approached. "C-Cyril?" She inquired, smiling at him just barely. Her pale skin was a stark contrast next to the man, considering he looked like e slept in the sun and she looked like she'd never seen it. "I... uhm... do you want to uhm get something?" What was she supposed to do? Ask him to show her the shop, ask about food. She was hungry. She'd pay if ciurse.

When the girl Cyril recognized from the photo approached him, he put the badly made sign next to the wall behind him. He would have destroyed it, but for now, he didn't think of any reason to dispose of it just yet. He might need it for other occasions. The young girl seemed like she was nervous or something to be around him. They looked as different as night and day. In fact, Yiwen looked almost fragile. "If you mean to get food, sure. There's a place down the block that I frequent. Since you are Candace's friend, it'll be my treat." She was still in school, so he assumed that she would need to save for school supplies or something silly like that. Cyril figured that she would follow him anyway. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he started to walk, in shorter strides so that she did not get lost as he walked to the block. Since she might not be old enough to use magic, he might have to protect her if someone came up and wanted to do them harm. As slim of a chance that would be, it was still a chance. No telling with the Scitorari out there though.

Yiwen smiled and nodded when Cyril clarified if she meant food. Just the mention made her stomach grumble. Zero always told Yiwen that she could eat her out of house and home, which didn't appear to be true judging by her rather slight form. She listened to Cyril's suggestion, in no way planning to object to his offer of a place he often went. She trusted the judgement of someone who was out more often. Especially considering she didn't live in the area. Yiwen picked up to his stride, choosing to walk beside her friend, though struggling to find conversation. At least when he was not speaking she had time to think of what to say to him. However she couldn't manage much meaningful conversation just yet. "You chose an interesting shirt?" She decided on, though she wondered why the see through material was his first option. "Is it easy to work out in?" She knew he was a physical person, perhaps he had been working out just before seeing her.

Cyril thought that the silence was a bit annoying, but then again, it would be more so if she talked too much, so he had no right to really complain. She pointed out his shirt, which he looked down to see if there was something wrong with it. No, just see through and very breezy, which he felt was needed when he was working out. She asked if it was easy to work out in, which he thought the answer was obvious. He had to remember that she was not like him which was physical. He had been hitting hte punching back before he decided to come out to hang with her. Cyril nodded, "Yeah, it is easy to work out in. The material is light weight so I don't feel constricted." Cyril enjoyed this shirt, and felt it was more appropriate to work out with his shirt on, opposed to off. Though, a few girls at Durmstrang would have preferred it off, but he never wasted his time with the likes of females. That didn't interest him as much as overpowering others and being the best martial artist he could be. As they arrived to the cafe, Cyril opened the door for Yiwen. Cyril wasn't much for conversation.

Uncomfortable. Yiwen decided that described the silence to a Tee. The blonde tucked thin wisps of hair behind her ear as they walked, listening to Cyril give reasoning behind his shirt. It was fair enough. He wore something easy to move in the way she worse something ratty to paint in. "That's good. Don't want anyone to see you with your shirt off." She remarked, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She wanted to be more like herself in her letters, where she was given time to think about the perfect thing to say. Real life wasn't like that though, speech gaps like the ones she needed were abnormal and she was aware of that, so she forced out the first words that strung clumsily together into a sentence, and then overthought the way they burnt the tip of her tongue like Hot Cocoa in winter. Yiwen thanked Cyril quietly as she moved into the building. "Is the Howard who owns the clothing shop related to you?" She inquired about a girl she only knew from buying robes and from hearing her talked about or hearing her speak. It wasn't as if Yiwen tried to strike up conversation.

Cyril had to stop walking for her little statement, for a second, before shaking his head and continuing his long strides. Well, that was just a strange saying, so he ignored it for now. Cyril was just uncomfortable with his clothing off, especially in public, more so with someone his sister's age. It was just eerie, but for now, he would go along with it. The accidental letters were what brought them to this, so it likely would not have happened had she just owled the right person. Cyril did not mind either way. Cyril heard the question, before he recalled that his oldest sister had the shop that was around here now. "Yeah, that's Freya, my older sister." Cyril paused for a moment, before he continued talking about Freya. "She only bought it because she got knocked up and kicked out of her modeling career." Freya was not the sister that Cyril was closest to. He was closer to Candace since she acted more like Cyril. Both were fierce. Freya was in her own way, but she was more cunning and scheming than anything else. Cyril shrugged his shoulders. This was definitely awkward for him, since making friends and stuff was not exactly in his area of expertise.

Yowen smiled at Cyril though had to mask her shock at his bluntness when discussing his sister and her misfortune. At least she viewed it as a misfortune. Perhaps that was because as it was she thought a career should be more important. Her art would come before a family for a long time. The ultra Linda brushed her hair back. "I will see her at the fashion show then. My sister wants me to... walk." She spoke carefully, trying not to make it sound like torture even though it was. "My sister says I'm not social enough." She remarked, though Yiwen didn't agree with that. "Do you have a very large family then. I feel like Candace always tells me about different members every time we write." The blonde was slowly warming up, however her voice was still quiet, demeanor still meek and demure. Gentle compared to the fighter beside her.

“Fashion show?” Cyril raised an eyebrow. That was definitely something his sister was into, but not him. It had something to do with martial arts or people fighting in general, then he would definitely be interested. “You sound like it would be the worst thing in the world. My sister would love to have someone like you on set. Might help you blossom a bit.” Cyril told her, trying to make it sound better than a nightmare. It sure sounded like a living one though. Being social was not his cup of tea since people got on his nerves. He would rather punch them and get them on their backs than speak and make friends. “Yeah, fairly big family. I don’t even know the names of half my cousins and who they belong to.” Cyril motioned it as if it was nothing really to be focused on. He didn’t care about most things, and it showed with his laid back attitude.

When Cyril repeated back to her she nodded almost in defeat. However her face tinted pink when she realized his next words were encouraging. Yiwen didn't want to pursue anything like fashion, but his kindness was not unnoticed by the blonde. Yiwen smiled and giggled at the prospect. However she didn't feel like he was joking at all. "I have one sister." She spoke, the contrast a bit silly. Yiwen didn't bother to add that she didn't have parents, and that her sister was her guardian. That was not a topic for a first time out together as friends. "So with your fighting, have you thought of going professional?" She inquired curiously, always wanting to know more about people.

Yiwen only had one sister? Well, that was unfortunate. He had a plathora of siblings, and sometimes, it was annoying. He did not mind them, and go to the ends of the earth to protect them. But that was the only thing he shared with his siblings. Cyril did seem a little interested. "How old is your sister?" He assumed that she would be older if she was forcing Yiwen's hand at the fashion thing. Sure, he thought that Yiwen might look okay, but the veelas, if there were any, would take the spotlight. That was just how they were. They were that beautiful. "Actually, I am quite happy with teaching small classes. I might change my mind depending on when I can earn beyond the first degree black belt." He wanted to be 8th or 9th dan one day, but it would take him years to get to that level.

At the question posed to her, Yiwen paused to think. How old was Zero. "Zero is... twenty... one." She finally answered, obviously unsure of the true age of her sister. Zero celebrated her birthday every year, but they never really reminded each other of their ages. After all Zero was bubbly and young acting and Yiwen was an old soul. Yiwen was thankful for he changenkn subject though and smiled. "Everyone deserves to be passionate about something." The sentence left her mouth faster than any of her others had, her volume coming up slightly the more she talked to and became comfortable with Cyril. "You are... a hard worker. It shows." She complimented him. "Do you... eat super healthy too?" She inquired, subconsciously making a face to denote she enjoyed junk too much to limit to healthy foods.

Cyril noticed that Yiwen seemed to be relaxing a bit at their conversation, which he still felt a little uncomfortable. She was so young. But, she was friends with his sister, and he did not want to be rude or anything like that. He certainly could be if he wanted to be. That was how he isolated himself at his school. Zero was a little older than he was, but then he wondered why there was such a difference. His parents had one after another, actually. “I believe that hard work is the key to success. You won’t get by in life on looks alone, nor will your family be around forever to help you. Gotta help yourself.” Cyril practically told her that he was pretty much on his own, which was what he wanted. He wanted to be alone and do things on his own, without his family wanting him to go into the business. He did not have that mindset. He preferred to punch things. “High protein, little carbs,” answered Cyril with a shrug to his shoulders. He had a lot of protein every day. Twice as much as the normal diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back