Its soo cold out here!

Yui Aragaki

Yui grumbled under her breath. Why did it have to be so damn cold? she wondered. Shivering, she pulled the large tweed coat tighter around her, and flipped up the collar, protecting her graceful neck from the windchill. She tucked a long strand of hair behind her ear, but it was no use. It was too windy up here to really worry about how her hair looked. Not like anyone would be up here, no one was that stupid. Turning her back to the wind, she searched in vain for a shelter, or something to keep her out of the wind. Her eyes narrowed against the biting wind, and she spotted a chimney or a smokestack or whatever they called those. She could sit on the other side of it and be out of the wind. Score, she thought.

Scrambling toward it, she was relieved to see that there was a place on the other side where sitting would be comfortable enough. Sitting with her back to the stone structure, she smiled to herself. She could barely feel the wind now, but it was just as cold.
Leaning her head against the stone, she gazed across the chilly grounds of the school; it would start to freeze soon. She didn't like the cold, but she liked watching the snow fall from the safety of a warm common room. Shoving her hand into her pockets, she continued to survey the grounds.

Elouise knew that the North Tower is the best place for star gazing, she didn't mind if it is cold or hot up there but she's determined to see her favourite star. She was all set to go up there, her sweater already zipped up and her hair is up on a pony tail. Elouise went out of the gryffindor tower and up she goes at the north tower.

Its was really cold and the wind was erratic on her skin, "I like the cold. Winter is coming." She told to herself. Louise looked up to see that there weren't any stars, how stupid she was, the snow is going to get down any minute and no stars are going to shine. Louise sigh and looked somewhere to see a girl, she want's alone after all.

Louise approached the girl, "Hey." She greeted her and smiled, even thou it was chilly she can always smile without shuttering.

It took Yui a second to remember why she was even up here. Oh, yes. She had to get away from those first years who had bullied her. On the verge of a breakdown, she thought it would be best to not get expelled for placing spells on them that she had read about in her new textbooks, especially because there was more than one teacher present. How did they manage to be so stupid? Yui sighed.

Yui turned her head to the voice. Usually she would ignore anyone that disturbed her, but maybe it was because she was so cold, maybe it was because she was tired of being mean for the day, but a real smile with no resemblance to a smirk spread across her face. "Oh hi there!" she chattered, moving over to make room for the girl. "I'm Yui, its nice to meet you." she said sweetly to the girl. Perhaps she was changing for the better.

The girl responded but looked like she was cold, "I'm Elouise or Louise or Lou if you like and nice to meet you up here." She giggled and returned to smile. "Its cold out here, Why are you even here?" Louise asked Yui. She moved beside Yui, she too, is cold but not quite.

Yui laughed when the girl introduced herself. It was like the girl had three names. "Well hi there Elouise, Louise and Lou!" she said with a laugh. "Oooh, I actually love the cold! Its really cold from where I'm from so I'm kinda used to it. Although people say winters make one miserable, I guess I must disagree! I love winters!" she said excitedly to Elouise. "Although sometimes I get irritated when it gets like realy really really cold. Its like brrrr!" she said giggling, as she hugged herself with her two arms to demonstrate to Elouise.

Elouise giggled when Yui said her nick names, Yui then said that she loves the cold. Louise was from a cold place, so, she understand what Yui was saying. "Winter is great, I like the snow ball fighting and making snow angel at the ground. And in winter times, the eggnog will come around." Elouise told Yui, her mouth was getting weird everyday, it was getting faster. Louise laugh when she noticed that she speak to fast. "Sorry, about my mouth." She apologize.

Yui nodded, agreeing with her new friend. "I enjoy that too! I just love the snow!" she replied enthusiastically. "What's eggnog?" Yui asked in curiosity. She had never had eggnog in Japan before. She smiled at Elouise when the girl apologized. "On no, I like you like that!" Yui said honestly.

"Good to know, I thought I'm getting you irritated." She told Yui and smiled showing her complete set of white teeth. Louise raised an eyebrow when Yui asked what is eggnog, "You never drink eggnog before? ... Its so popular around America where i came from." Maybe she's not from America after all Louise thought to herself. "Anyway, eggnog is a traditional Christmas drink from America, It is sometimes mixed with alcohol but my parents don't mixed it with Alcohol. Its made of milk, sugar, egg, cream ... etc." She blabber again explaining what it is.

Yui grinned excitedly at Elouise. "Oh no, don't worry." she said with a smile. She listened attentively as Elouise tried her very best to explain to her about eggnog. "Milk, sugar and cream?" she inquired curiously. "How do you drink it? And I guess it must be really sweet!" she said honestly, wondering why the people from the west just love sweet stuff. "I hope I can try it one day, sounds good to me!" she added.

"Yes, its sweet but not that very sweet. Me and my cousins loves it." She told Yui smiling all the way, even its cold. "And Christmas is getting nearer and nearer, i should make you one at the kitchens, if the school ever has one." Elouise chuckled, but seriously she hasn't found the kitchens yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back