Its snowing!

Ning Nicodemus

Winter. Cold.

Ning was accustomed to it. But there was something peaceful about the winter this year. Something that stirred him as if it were spring. He felt happy and almost bubbly, of all ridiculous things. It would have bothered him, but he was too relaxed. Instead, a simply perplexity showed on his face as he gazed out the window with an almost passionate injurious. Snow was beautiful. He'd always thought so. He used to stare into it for hours as a boy. Used to run off into the forest to escape his family, and play he was king of the black forest, slaying dragons and saving maidens.

He smiled. He was happy. It was odd. If only he could share this with someone. Though despite his solitary confinement in life, at the moment, he did not feel remorse. Only a stab of longing deep within his core. He flipped up the collar of his black coat, giving a soft sigh, and blinking as a snowflake landed on his eyelash.

Trixie checked her watch. Hmm.. she had a bit of free time, and no-one to spend it with. She'd met plenty of people so far, but nobody she could really call a friend yet. As she walked down the corridor, she glanced out the window. She stopped. It was snowing! Trixie decided to head to North Tower, where she could experience the snow properly. She wasn't used to having snow in Ireland, so this was a bit of a novelty for her. Pulling her cloak tightly around her, she climbed up the steps. She emerged into the cold air and looked up, letting the snow fall onto her face. She laughed, and twirled around. Snow, fantastic! Then, something caught her eye. She looked around and noticed she wasn't alone. There was a boy around her own age sitting nearby. He had looked up. Trixie looked down at her feet, embarassed. "Erm.. hey", she stuttered. "Sorry, I didn't see there was anyone here! I'm Trixie".

Love the new siggy :D

Taking a deep breath and leaning against the roof's stone rim, Ning closed his eyes for a moment, gratefully inhaling the smell of snow, when he heard a voice. When he opened his eyes he noticed a student across from him on the other end of the roof. He raised his eyebrow. She had introduced herself. Ning smiled at the girl, she had seemed friendly enough. "Oh hey Trixie." he said to her with a bright smile. "I'm Ning, and its nice to meet you." he said to her.

"First time experiencing snow I assume?" he asked her. "Honestly, me too. Its seems pretty cool to actually see snow for the very first time." he said with a warm smile.

As the boy replied, Trixie felt her awkwardness melting away. It was ok, he was friendly! Something about him made her feel comfortable. She smiled back at him.
"It's not my very first time, but I haven't seen it for years! We hardly ever get it back home."
She looked up at the sky again and watched the snowflakes fall onto her face, bigger than she'd ever seen.
"I know, this is amazing!" she grinned.

Ning smiled at the girl. "Oh its not? Well, its your lucky day today!" he said with a giggle. "It is isn't it? I don't think I will probably return back to my dorm, it's just so nice out here!" he said excitedly, dancing around. "I've never experienced snow where I'm from actually." he said with a sigh. "So Trixie, which house are you from?" he inquired in a friendly manner. "I'm a Griffin, a pretty awesome one too!" he added with another chuckle.

Trixie laughed. "Oh, I'm a Gryffin too. The best house by far!" she added.
"Yeah, it'd be nice to stay out here, might get a bit cold though! she grinned.
They were silent for a minute, enjoying the atmosphere.
"So if you've never seen snow before, where are you from? she asked.

Ning nodded, listening to the girl. "Well, its great to meet another fellow lion." he said to her with a smile. "I have always loved the cold, although people say its makes one miserable. So i guess I'm not a normal person, since I actually enjoy winters. But it does bother me when it's like really really cold. Like Brrrr!" he said, hugging himself with his two hands to demonstrate to Trixie. "Oh no. I was born in Bordeaux, France but I guess we moved to Australia when I was three. So perhaps I did see snow in France, but I was too young to remember. I do return to France several times, but it's usually during the summer. And in dear little Australia, let's just say its not cold enough." he replied with another smile. "Where are you from?" he inquired.

Trixie grinned. "I guess I'm not too normal either then, I love winter! It's my favourite time of year."
She looked up at the snowy sky again, and took a deep breath of cold air. She loved this weather!
"Wow, France?" she said, after a minute. "That's pretty cool. I've been there once but I was tiny, so I don't remember it much. I don't think I'd like to live in Australia though, I couldn't cope with the heat! I'm not much of a summer person" she smiled.
"Me? I'm from Ireland. We don't really get any nice weather there, just lots and lots of rain!" she laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back