Its not true

Raffael Fox

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Raffael had thought alot about this magazine. He was slightly irritated by it, but he wouldnt let it bother him. Why should he when he knew that was all the person wanted? His mind had not strayed from it however, because he didnt know whether the other people mentioned in it with his own name believed it or not. It was ridiculous, but the events that had taken place were truth, so it could easily be twisted the way the Gossip Mag writer had done so. There was only one way to sort this mess out.

Raff strode purposefully down to the Dungeons, he hated the fact that Hadan might think of herself as a rebound, which made no sense as Raff had never even considered Andy in that way. He had to talk to Hadan and let her know what the truth was before the Yule Ball came about. He already had his suit and didnt plan on bailing out if the event now. Besides, he really did like the Slytherin. He paced up and down the Dungeon corridor that he was fairly sure the Slytherin dorm was located in and waited, hoping Hadan would emerge for Lunch that was drawing closer.

Hadan was in her dorm, brushing her hair as her mind went over the content of the magazine. Sure, it had been lies and all, but some of the stuff was in fact true. Aleyha wasn't pleased with the Brodie and Derrik thing. Where did they get this information at? And the nerve of mentioning the way she dressed. Though she had been dressing more fashionable, but she did not go as far as being in style and uncomfortable. Anything she wore was comfortable, and whether it was in or out, she no longer cared. Hadan wasn't in the dark anymore, and that was all that mattered.

Putting on a simple skirt with her normal boots, and slipping on a white tee shirt with her Slytherin tie, she allowed her hair to look straight, and her ruby eyes were gleaming with brilliance. Hadan exited the dorm, and soon, the Slytherin house. She stared down at the floor, as she walked. Was she really a rebound for Raffael? Why was she even concerned about it? Hadan surprised herself when it actually bothered her, and considered backing out of the whole event. But then again, she already had her dress, and everything. Why back out when it was so close? Hadan glanced up, to see none other than the Ravenclaw on her mind. Hadan stopped walking, and she stared at him with an expressionless face. "Raffael... What are you doing in the dungeons?"

Raff turned at the voice he had been waiting to hear. "Hadan." He said with a small smile, before approaching the Slytherin. "I wanted to clear up the things said in that Magazine. I couldnt just ignore it." He explained. Hadan looked amazing, even in the light of the Dungeons. Raff tried to hide his smile, because what he wanted to say was serious. How could this girl be a rebound to anyone?

:doh: So lame.

Hadan stared up at Raffael, doing her best to hide the smile in her eyes. However, that was just something she couldn't do. And it was bothering her. It was about the magazine. But which words should she trust? A gossip magazine, or the Ravenclaw boy? How would she know the truth? Hadan simply wanted to run from all this, but she stood firm, her arms hanging loosely by her sides. "Ignoring it would have just left me nothing more to believe that the words were true. I assume that you have come here to tell me that they are not." Hadan's eyes did not leave him.

Despite the fact that he was a very handsome teenager, she had to see if he would be lying. Unless he was skilled at hiding it, Hadan would know. She murmured, "Now, do explain the situation to me, about the whole Andy and yourself. I would have simply believed it to be false, but the sudden asking me to come to the Yule Ball with you left be a bit uncertain. I hope you can understand why that is." Hadan had no idea what to believe, but the truth would come soon, with or without pain. Either way was fine, as long as it as te truth.

Raff listened and the nodded widening his eyes slightly. "Of course I have." He confirmed, but allowed her to speak before he said anything more. Her words made sense, if he was in that situation he would be too impressed with the words the Gossip Magazine had said either. It made a clear story out of the events that took place. Realistically, Raff wasnt sure he could explain why he had asked Hadan to the ball so quickly, he had just wanted to.

He smiled gently and began to explain as clearly as he could, needing to make his side of the story more believable than the Gossip mag. He was sure he would managed. After all, the truth was much easier to explain than lies. "Andy was one of the first people I spoke to at this school. She was very friendly to me and made me feel welcome at the school. Back then she was with another boy I had met Carlisle. Just before I had met you, I found her on the grounds. She was going through a rough time with-" He stopped and waved a hand. "-Bruin." He finished, realising that had been mentioned in the Gossip magazine, so it wasnt a secret anymore. "I comforted her because no one else was there and I couldnt just leave her to feel miserable. Nothing happened exept a comforting hug that the Magazine obviously misinterpreted." He said, looking at Hadan with truth in his eyes. "Then I met you and I wish I could tell you the reason I asked you so quickly, but I cant. Because Im still not sure myself." He said, not taking his eyes off her, or taking the smile of his face. It was genuine and he hoped Hadan believed him.

Hadan grinned slightly, at the news. It was confirmed. She was expecting it, but not quite so soon, and not in her territory. She expected to meet him in the Great Hall, or somewhere outside. But no, she found him here, pacing along the dungeons as if waiting for her to emerge. Hadan couldn’t keep the smile off her face when she realized that. Hadan wondered if what he had to say was worth coming outside to meet him, if it was worth the thinking that she had to do, and if it was worth her time. Hadan decided however that it was indeed worth it.

The brunette was amazed that he spoke about everything, how everything pieced together like a puzzle. Andy and Bruin, such a couple that even confused Hadan to no end, though she didn’t think of couples much. Hell, she barely thought of boys or girls at all. “Yes, I think I heard about the hard time with the Head Boy…” Hadan wondered if there was anything she could do for Andy, for the strangely familiar girl that Hadan swore she seen at Durmstrang. “That magazine really does know how to make things overly dramatic.” She rolled her eyes, and shook her head. Why did she even let it get to her? Hadan stared up at him, seeing the truth. She laughed softly, because even he did not know why he had asked her. She placed her left hand upon his chest, and didn’t take her eyes off him, “I believe you. Your story feels a lot more real than the magazine’s.” Hadan wasn’t much of a physical contact person, and she shocked herself just by touching him. And yet, all she could do was stand there and smile.

Hadan's words made Raff thankful he had made the decision to come down here. Her smile made him thankful he had made the decision to ask her in the first place and the hand on his chest made him thankful he had met Hadan in the first place. He reached up with his right hand and placed it over hers for a brief moment, his eyes not leaving hers. "Im glad you believe me." He admitted truthfully. The magazine was out of line for suggesting such things about people. Raff had never been a fan of lies, he believed being truthful would get you far in life. Lying would always be caught out in the end. Today was a perfect example. He let his hand drop and pulled his eyes away with a small amount of difficulty. His smile remained though as he looked at the ground. Hadan's face still a picture in his mind even though he wasnt looking at her.

"You still want to go to the ball with me right?" He asked, looking up at her for a moment, before looking at a spot on the wall behind her. Feeling slightly embarassed by his question, although he wasnt sure why.

Hadan felt slight warmth come to her cheeks, giving her slight color in her pale face when he put his hand on hers. She had to admit, she did not regret meeting him. The Ravenclaw boy charmed her, and she admired that. She dropped her hand and stared up at him. Her eyes sparkled like gems, and her gaze went to the ground as well. She folded her hands together in front of her, and wondered why she even doubted him. Clearly she allowed lies to get to her, and she would have to do her best to not believe them again. Or even consider them. It was just to much, and could wreck something as precious as this. Hadan glanced back up at him, and she laughed, "You think I would change my mind even after I know the truth? Saying no would be a lie, and I don't like lies." Hadan shifted her posture, and grinned, "I'm not holding you from anything, am I?" She wondered if he had a class or something to get to. She herself was on her way to the Great Hall.

Raff met her eyes once more. They were sparkling like rubies and Raffael knew he wouldnt be able to look away again. He grinned at her words. "Great." He said softly, almost a whisper. She held the same values as he did about lies. There was another thing they had in common and Raff wondered when he started counting. When you first met her. His mind ammended helpfully.

He shook his head gently at her question, barely moving it becase he didnt want to lose eyes contact with the Slytherin. "No I... was actually down here waiting for you." He swallowed. "Where were you headed? I could walk with you if you like?" He suggested, surely she had come out of her common room for a reason, but Raff wasnt about to let her slip away just yet.

Hadan kept her subtle, sweet smile. How much she liked looking up at him, not that she could really say much. Hadan was excellent at holding her gaze, and she knew that he was the same. How she knew, she just relied on assumptions. Hadan wondered what was going through the Ravenclaws mind. This was not common of her to think of what the other was thinking, but this Ravenclaw astounded her. And this feeling that she was receiving was rather relaxing and intriguing all the same.

The Slytherin ran her fingers in her hair, as she thought, he was waiting on her. Hadan was not though heading to the Great Hall to eat, for she had already had her lunch. Hadan mused, “I was heading to the Great Hall to find a few friends, but I do believe that my plans have changed. Though I wouldn’t mind a walk…if you don’t mind accompanying me.” Hadan couldn’t help but be a little curious as to why he was wanting to walk with her. Hadan couldn’t help but notice the quickening of her heart pace.

Raffael smiled at her response. "I'd love to accompany you." He said, his smile widening at the knowledge that he didnt have to let her go that quickly after all. He glanced down briefly and felt the urge to grasp her hand, although he decided against it. In truth there was still a lot more he needed to learn about the Slytherin and he was eager to find out. He would confess to himself though that now would be a good time to admit that he was beginning to crush on the Slytherin girl. It seemed crazy because he hadnt known her long at all, but there was just something about her that he hoped would develop further the longer they knew each other.

He smiled and cocked his head towards the exit of the Dungeons and began walking at a slow pace, definatly not wanting to rush this walk.

Hadan wondered how long it would be until they would separate. Hopefully not too soon. She enjoyed his company tremendously. Hadan felt rather nervous around the Ravenclaw. Was she developing a crush? Her crushing on a Ravenclaw seemed rather unbelievable but he did not seem like that awful one from a while back. He was safe and comfortable to be around. Hadan probably wouldn’t admit to that, liking him in that way for a while. She still had to get to know him first. And the ball seemed like a good place to start.

Hadan laughed softly, and walked beside him, closer than she would have if it was a normal person. Hadan did not want to leave his presence soon. They both had much in common, and her lack of words was showing in her silence. All she could do now was smile to herself, and occasionally looking up at Raffael. She was glad to have met him, or else she wouldn’t have been so excited about the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back