Its Not Easy For Me To Talk About

Madeline Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
Sexual Orientation
James
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Maddie was overwhelmed with the toxic situation that she found herself in. She didn't think her life could any more complicated but that was before the start of sixth year and things had gone from worse to worse. She had pretty much fell out with James when they were so solid throughout fifth year. She had a mortal enemy called Lyra Potter which hadn't changed since third year and she found herself in a bizarre flirtation with her twin brother, Link and she hadn't even started on the awkwardness with Felix and his situation with Lyra. The sixth year was feeling overwhelmed and she had to unload on someone. Her sister was too young to understand and she didn't want to burden her brother and her cousins were too preoccupied with their little ones so there was no family to turn to. Even though Matthew had only been at the school for just over a year Maddie had always liked the Hufflepuff and she really valued his friendship. She knew that he had been quiet over the past few weeks and she wondered if he had anything on his mind. Now Reuben had gone Maddie figured that he was missing his own close confidante and she had the idea of the two of them catching up and pouring out their troubles to each other. She owled Matthew asking him to meet her at the cliffs, it seemed the best place to get their troubles off their chests.

Matthew was missing Reuben more and more, and it just combined with his missing of Leah. He was the type of person who liked to talk things out to get through his feelings, and he was missing that lately. Letters just weren't the same, especially because he wasn't used to writing Reuben and he couldn't tell Leah everything as she was half of the problem. He had been surprised to receive a note from Maddie by owl to meet her at the cliffs. They were friends and he had actually considered confiding in her, but she seemed so busy with her own drama and she had a lot of friends.

He was a little nervous as he approached the cliffs. He hoped she wasn't going to say something... romantic, as he was struggling with his feelings for his best friend and really felt only friendship for the Gryffindor girl. He was pretty sure she was dating some guy she went to the Halloween feast with, but it was hard for him to be sure as he hardly knew anyone's name. He approached her and gave her a small smile. "So... you wanted to meet?" He asked her curiously.

Maddie turned around when she heard Matthew's voice and she grinned at the Hufflepuff boy. "Matthew!" she exclaimed as she reached up and threw her arms around the boy's neck "Ugh I've missed you. How have you been? We don't get much time to talk in classes" she added, regretfully. She had always appreciated Matthew's friendship and she felt like she had neglected him recently.

Matthew smiled when he saw Maddie's face, but he was taken aback when she threw her arms around his neck. He wasn't entirely sure what to do with this situation, where to put his hands. He had another good female friend in Leah, but she was less of a spontaneous hugger, it seemed. Thinking of her made him feel even more uncomfortable about this hug. He smiled sheepishly as he pulled away from her, but nodded at her words. "Hey, I missed you too. I'm alright for the most part." He said with a small shrug. He couldn't lie and say everything was fine, because it wasn't. "Yeah, too bad they don't have a chatting class. I think we'd be good at that." He told her with a grin. "Easy O." He paused as he remembered she had asked him here. "Are you okay, Maddie?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back