Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
</FONT></COLOR></SIZE>
Peyton Wright had been wandering around the castle for a while now, but it had only been for a short period of time that she had felt hopeless whilst doing so. The first year Ravenclaw had been trying to make her way to the common room, however instead of getting to where she was supposed to be she ended up somewhere along a corridor, not even knowing what floor she was on. She wasn't sure if it had been the size of the castle that had gotten her confused or the fact that the stairs were huge and not to mention the fact that they move, but it was very likely to be a combination of both. Letting out a small sigh the eleven year old decided to sit herself down at the side of the corridor, not feeling like starting another mission to find the common room, or to find someone who could show her the way, just yet.

For someone who has absolutely no experience with magic being surrounded by so much of it in what had to be about the biggest place she had ever seen was a whole lot to take in. For starters, even though she was more than thrilled about it, she still had to get used to the idea that she would be able to actually cast spells and work with magic. That idea had felt unreal ever since her parents and her found out about Peyton having magic in her blood, and thus learning about the whole existence of magic in itself, and it still felt unreal at this moment, even though she was now actually surrounded by it. The castle in itself was a lot to take in as well. There were just so many stairs, corridoors and floors that it was almost as if getting lost would be easier than actually getting to where you were heading. To her it seemed like the castle was designed to make people lose their way.​
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="verdana">

Zara had absolutely no idea where she was going 90 percent of the time. She wasn't afraid or embarrassed to admit it- her sense of direction was worse than a hamster running on its wheel; sure, Zara could move fairly quickly, but most time she was only running around in circles. Precisely why she had joined her elementary school's track team when she was younger; there had to be some way to make use of all that energy and it only required her to stay within the lines.

Of course Zara had been disqualified after she got distracted by a really pretty dog and veered off her lane to pet it, but that really wasn't her fault.

That besides the point, this flaw of the first year Gryffindor had caused her to somehow end up on an unrecognizable floor that Zara was sure she hadn't ever seen before! How compelling, Zara smiled, hands behind her back as she continued her light stroll down the corridor, admiring the artwork that graced the walls. She stopped however as she found herself staring down at one of her classmates. Zara couldn't quite recall her name but she remembered her face and knew that she wasn't smiling and that was enough for her. "Hey, what's up?"

The eleven year old girl had been sat in the corridor for about ten minutes now, but she did not yet feel ready to get up and get back to walking. For some reason her normally energetic self rather enjoyed the peace of just sitting there for a while. Peyton had in those ten minutes admitted to herself that it wasn't perhaps a bad thing that she got lost and that she shouldn't be ashamed of it. The school was gigantic, so who could blame her? Back at home everything was small and close to each other. The school had been close to her house, her house had been close to the shop and the shop had been close to the beach. She already noticed she missed the beach and the atmosphere around it, everything just had been so easy and relaxing. The calming sounds of the waves and the sounds of laughter, music and happiness which often overthrew them.

Peyton turned her gaze away from the wall right across from her, as she was sure she could hear someone walking down the hall and getting closer and closer towards her. Looking to the side the first year claw could see a girl walking towards her. She had seen her before she was sure of that, and it had most likely been either during sorting or before that. Once the girl had reached her she was standing right in front of her, causing Peyton to slightly tilt her head to the side and look up to the girl. "Hi." She smiled at the girl, feeling like she wouldn't mind if she didn't get up and just stayed seated. "Nothing bad, I was just making my way towards the common room but I kind of got lost in the process." Peyton answered whilst letting out a slight chuckle, saying she got lost out loud made actually sound a bit silly.
<i>
</i>

Like most first years, Twyla had spent most of her time exploring the castle so far. The first several levels were rather boring to her, being mostly classrooms and mysterious rooms she couldn't enter. She made an exception for the library, of course. That was one of the first places she had gone so that she could do a little research on everything, hoping to make up for her muggle-born status and pretend like she'd known all about this stuff her whole life.

This was the first time she had visited the sixth level, though. Already, she could tell that she wouldn't be spending much time there. The two classes here both sounded like incredibly boring subjects to her. They certainly weren't anything that could prove useful for anything she planned to do. But there was one thing of interest here and that was the two girls off against the wall, one of whom was sitting on the floor with a distraught look about her.

Obviously, this was a huge opportunity for Twyla to prove herself, so she approached them. "Are you two lost? There's nothing fun up here, so you must be lost."

"Nothing bad, I was just making my way towards the common room but I kind of got lost in the process."

Zara giggled along; she definitely could respect that, getting lost. Couldn't really judge-- it wasn't like she was in a better position. "I am too! Hogwart is just huge, isn't it! I'll probably still make some wrong corners by the end of the year." No lie, Zara knew that with her sense of direction and hurried ways she'd still be making all the wrong turns that she did now. And while she was neither a Ravenclaw, or a particularly good friend (or, er, a friend), she figured that everything was better with another around! Sticking a hand out to the eaglet sitting, Zara gestured for the girl to take it. "Well, up you go! Getting lost is just another way of the hallways telling you that you have another adventure to go on." The Gryffindor brought her free hand up to her chest in gesturing. "And I, Zara, am the queen of adventures. You can be too, Miss..." She trailed off, taking her hand off her chest to gesture for a name.

Adventures were also infinitely better with more people around, and as the Slytherin approached the two, Zara knew she could rope her in as well. But then she asked if they were lost and Zar figured that the girl was doing as much herself. "Well, I would argue against nothing being fun up here; the art really is quite pretty, dontcha think?" But nevertheless, she relented, finally nodding with a smile. "But yes, you're not wrong. Lost as a goose in a snowstorm," Zara tried out the American muggle idiom, inwardly wrinkling her nose at it. Finding it in one of the novels her brother made her read, she thought it would sound better out loud... Maybe it was the accent that made it work. Silly Americans!

Twyla shrugged, glancing around at the moving paintings on the wall. For a girl who had grown up around moving pictures - films and all those animations on the internet - they weren't too special. She did have to wonder how exactly they were made, and hoped she'd find out during her time here. "They're okay, if you like staring at pictures. I came up here looking for an adventure...haven't found one yet."

Then she had to giggle at Zara's ridiculous idiom. "A goose in a snowstorm? Where did you hear that one?" Twyla had certainly never heard it before. It must've been an American thing. Neither of her parents were American, so she had grown up hearing all about how weird they were and how glad her parents were to not be American.

Peyton smiled when the girl told her she was lost as well and how she would probably still make few corners at the end of the year. She couldn't help but feeling like she would do the exact same thing. "Well I'm sure we're not the only first years getting lost." She chuckled whilst she couldn't help but feel like every word the other girl was saying was relatable. "And same, I mean they can't expect us to always go the right way or they wouldn't have made this place so freaking big!" When the Gryffindor in front of her offered Peyton her hand she gladly took it and got right back up on her feet. She couldn't help but softly laugh when the girl introduced herself as the queen of adventures. "Pleasure to make your aquaintance miss Zara, queen of adventures," Peyton started as she slighly bowed before the other girl. "My name is Peyton, and I would love to become a queen of adventure. Or you know like a princess, cause there can only be one queen right?"

Looking over at the other girl who had now joint them Peyton shrugged as she listened to the girl speaking, and didn't open her mouth untill after Zara had responded. "And to add to that, every place can be fun as long as you try and make it fun!" The first year Ravenclaw smiled at the other girl, even though she did not look like she felt the same way. Chuckling once again after the Gryffindor used an idiom she had never in her life heard before, but which she was going to try to remember because it sounded fun, she nodded in agreement. Yes, she couldn't be more lost. Well she could perhaps, but she wouldn't know that untill it happened.​
<i>
</i>

Zara nodded in agreement with the Ravenclaw. 'Twas true, of course they weren't the only first years getting lost! It would've been a real shock if they were-- besides, 50% of all friendships are started when at least one of the parties are lost. That was totally a real statistic. "Right? This place is just so big, it's like there's a surprise waiting for you at every corner!" And though sometimes the surprise was a trick staircase, the majority of them were pretty good. As Peyton played along with her royalty charade, Zara waved a hand. "Nonsense. Of course there can be two queens! I mean, just look at chess." Maybe it was a geeky thing but Zara loved chess to the nth degree. Only magical chess though (muggle chess was such a bore), as then she could pretend she was leading her army in to war and Zara had a thing for the game of let's pretend.

The Slytherin girl started talking about adventures and Zara couldn't help but smirk. Three adventure-seekers was just bound to be a blast. She hummed in support of what Peyton said. "Oh, I adore art. But you're not wrong: I'd choose adventure over pictures any day! But if you can find a way to make the pictures in to the adventure... Then you know that you've definitely won." She proceeded to use her idiom and giggled at their giggling at her. She had to admit, even for a witch it was quite outlandish. "Some American book. Funny, eh? I love muggles, they're so creative and a bit weird but who am I to be speaking!" Zara laughed. Of course she loved muggles; her mother was one, after all.

As they were all up and ready to go now, Zara gestured for Twyla to take the lead. "I mean, I am the queen of adventures but I'm also the Overlord of getting lost. If you know the way, by all means let's get this show on the road!" Another muggle idiom, although this time she was less confident in its correct usage. Eh, she was sure they got her drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back