Intertwined

Michiko Ohtori

Alright, so in english class we had to write a short
story themed around Seperation. So I chose to do it
on a pair of twins from this site. Drake and Justin Kuya.
They are only relatively new to the site as they are
unsorted so many of you wont know them. I
got permission from Tenile to do this and so I decided
to post this up to see what you guys think. Feedback
and/or comments are welcome from you guys.
Also this has no mention of Magic or Hogwarts as I
couldnt write that in. It is also set pretty far in the
future as the twinsa are in their mid to late 20s.
</COLOR>
Intertwined
A twin story.
<COLOR color="#000">

The time had come for them to part ways, it was the eve of Drake's wedding, and the last night Drake and Justin would be sharing a bedroom. Justin stood in the doorway, watching Drake stare anxiously out the bedroom window. After tonight he would be continuing on alone. Sure they'd learned to live separate lives. Starting in high school they'd moved away from two parts of one whole, to two separate entities with an unshakable bond. They explored separate interests and learned to be individuals, but at the end of the day, it always came back down to the two of them.

Now finished with college they stood on the precipice of a new age to their lives. They were adults now, Justin was renting his own place in the city and Drake would be moving in with his wife.

Tonight was there one last night to relive their history; their bond of brotherly love than ran deeper than anything else.
Justin stepped behind Drake, to look out the window with his brother.

"Nervous?"

"A little."

"About the wedding?"

"Not really, I'm scared to leave you behind." Drake admitted. Justin grabbed his brother's hand entwining their fingers together. They both knew Drake would be the first to move on, to severe this bond that kept them strung together. Justin had given him the push years ago, but Drake was the one with the will to make it happen.

"You're not leaving me behind, we only live ten minutes apart," Justin said reassuringly, not taking his gaze from the window. He was too afraid to look his brother in the eyes and have him read the emotion there. The desperate child that still needed his brother by his side, who still wanted them to be just the two of them wrapped up in their tiny little world. That was a thing of history now. Hayley had helped them with that, she opened their world and broadened their horizons.

"I know, and I know we'll see each other, it's just a scary step. We are really doing it, we're really dividing up."

Justin smiled, he made it sound like they were property, or assets, instead of two human beings. He had to admit though he felt the same way. Who was he without Drake? He was his world, his constant. Yes, he'd learned to move about in society as a functioning adult and Drake wasn't always by his side, but he knew every night he'd come home and he'd be there, to offer the understanding and comfort only a twin could provide. However, these were selfish thoughts, and quickly dashed away, what Drake needed now was assurance that he was making the right choice, that things wouldn't change between them.

"We're two fruits of the same vine. We can't really be divided because our roots will never change." Justin turned to face his brother who smiled. "Besides it's not like we can both marry Hayley."

Drake laughed, memories from their youth played back for him of two selfish boys treating Hayley more like a toy than a person. She'd been the key that had opened them up; she was the catalyst that led to the person Drake was today and he couldn't think of anyone else he'd want by his side for the rest of his life.

It'd been a rocky start for the two of them, stuck somewhere between close friends and lovers. Then after they graduated their group drifted apart, by chance Drake had run into Hayley one day. They'd rekindled their friendship which had grown from there. A few years later they were engaged and tomorrow he would marry her. When he'd first asked her to marry him, he'd been hesitant. What would Justin think? Hayley had been just as important to him as she was to Drake. In the end his twin gave them his blessing. But standing here now, he wondered how he could start a new life without Justin by his side. He loved Hayley, and she was going to be his wife, but it wasn't the same as his brother.

Justin smiled at his brother, "We'll just have to take this change one day at a time," he said seemingly reading his twin's mind, then again at times they seemed of one mind.

"You're right, it's getting late we should get to bed," Drake said, heading towards his own bed.
Before he could reach the bed however, Justin grabbed him by the arm.

"Since it's our last night together do you think we could sleep in the same bed for old time's sake?" Justin said with hardly concealed pleading eyes.

Drake conceded and the pair of them climbed into bed. Blankets were tussled and underneath them they slept arms intertwined legs locked, like two vines twisted onto one another. Tomorrow they may be dividing physically, but in their hearts they'd always be intertwined.

Yeah, sorry about that
couldn't be helped unfortunately
would have wrecked the
story completely and I
couldnt have that. SO I
wrote them hat way, and
had to resist the urge to
put Andy in too :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back