Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie's fifth year had started, and she had one main goal this year. She wanted to make Lennon proud of her as his replacement for Editor for the paper. Sophie knew that the OWL year was a big one, and she did intend to study whenever it was necessary, but the paper took first priority in her mind. The OWLs were far away, the first issue of the paper not so much. The girl hadn't expected to take over from Lennon at all, and though she knew she would have Noemie Vanity to help her, she wanted to do well on her own too. So she had gathered a few old issues of the paper around her, as well as the most recent one. They covered most of the table she was sitting at. There were even a few from before she had started at Hogwarts, as she wanted to see how the paper had been run back then. The girl had a notebook in front of her and was writing down which parts of the paper were consistent over the years, and which sections had changed. She jotted down ideas she got from flipping through old issues, as well as the events that came back each year. She would ensure that she wouldn't forget any part of the paper, and that everyone in the club had something to write. It was still hard to guess exactly how many people would be there this year. Some might leave, and others could join. She would just have to be prepared for anything. The girl flipped through one of the more recent papers until she had found an article she had written. She didn't look at the text, but focused on her name on the paper for a moment. Maybe one day, her name would be in a real paper like that, outside of school. But she had her chance to prove herself on a smaller scale first, which she intended to do this year.

Gabriel had no idea what to do at his day. He wasn't feeling like training for Quidditch because Marcos seemed busy with Gabriella and the boy still had no idea what he saw in his cousin, but perhaps some day he would understand or at least try to understand. But he decided to chill some at the student lounge as he just stood in front of the door and pushed it open. When he looked around he noticed it was very busy and there didn't seemed to be a lot of space. But when he looked further he saw one space. But ofcourse it had to be with Sophie, she had to be sitting there. But she was busy with stuff it seemed. Was she reading again? That she wasn't becoming a book yet of reading so many books. He sighted and walked towards the empty space and went sitting down. He didn't even bothered to ask if he could sit. ''Already reading again?" Gabriel asked for a moment, he was not really paying attention and took one of the papers from the table to see for himself.

It seemed to be some sort of rule of the universe that whenever Sophie was trying to do something, Gabriel would pop up and bother her about it. His tone had changed over the years, as he no longer seemed to be trying to make her mad. Sophie supposed they had both matured a bit, though she still shot him an irritated look as he took a seat at the table. As she did, she paused for a moment with her eyes on his face. He seemed to have changed over the break, had he gotten taller? The boy had always been taller than Sophie, but there was something different about him now. It irritated her, and made her feel weird. She pulled her gaze away and focused on the papers, glancing at the one Gabriel took. “Nice to see you too, Gabriel.” She said dryly, taking another glance in his direction. “If you must know, I’m doing research. I’m preparing for my duties, as I’m running Hogwarts Monthly from this year on.” She couldn’t help telling him, it was something she was proud of. If he mocked it, she would be annoyed, but she did sort of expect him to. He always seemed to think whatever she was doing was stupid, and Sophie often felt the same about his interests. “Lennon asked me to be editor after him. Do you read it?” She had sneaked in a few references to Gabriel over the years, as well as other people she disliked. It was always subtle, like criticizing their Halloween costume choice without explicitly naming them. But over the years of writing for the paper, Sophie had stopped doing that. It was a little childish, and with her new responsibilities she couldn’t afford to do things like that. “Or do you just read the Quidditch parts?” She asked with a slight smirk, expecting the answer to be yes.

Gabriel was still suprised by the fact how less he needed to do to find people. He wasn't planning on meeting Sophie but it seemed something when he came in this room that she was always in it. But Gabriel liked this place since there were always people and he liked chatting with them. But Sophie mostly didn't really wanted to talk, and when they did it always ended in a great discussion or something bad. He knew that Sophie had become a headgirl and it runned into the family or something that they did their best for classes and stuff. In his family it didn't seemed so. Gabriel and Sofia both didn't done well, but he was wondering how his others sisters were gonna do it at school. But they wouldn't be around for another year. Gabriel than grinned at Sophie. She could be so excited always, like really not. But she greeted him. '' Same to you Soph'' Gabriel grinned when he shorted her name. They weren't even friends not even close to that but they seemed to run into eachother often and that build up a band. Sometimes people said keep your friends close but your enemies closer. But Gabriel didn't saw Sophie as an enemy anymore. That was just childish and he was now all more grown up and he was gonna show Sophie that also, so she couldn't make stupid comments anymore. He listened as she explained what she was doing. She needed to tell that she runned the schoolpaper. '' Good for you. Is it much work?'' He asked to the her. He had really no idea he didn't really read much of the paper. Sometimes if he saw it laying and their were parts about the Quidditch or events he peaked. He thought about it for a moment when Sophie asked him if he read it. She sometimes asked him if he ever read sometimes and when they were younger she was making stupid comments that he needed to read books. But he just didn't liked books. He was just better in sports. '' I sometimes do.'' Gabriel took some flavour beans out of his bag and put one in his mouth. '' I usually do the Quidditch parts, or some events. I have to check how good I look in a suit ofcourse.'' He joked to Sophie and took another bean in his mouth, this one was a nice one gladly, something sweet. '' Do you want some? '' He asked Sophie. It would be funny though if she would take something really disguisting.

Sophie grimaced at the shortening of her name, but mostly out of habit. She didn't really mind that much, but she was used to being annoyed by everything Gabriel said. It was almost expected of her now, so she reacted to it the way he had probably intended. "If you call me Sophh, should I call you 'Gabe'?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow as she looked at him. "Is that the point we're at? I was sure we weren't." She wrinkled her nose. "Gabe sounds bad, anyway." She said, shaking her head. There was something about Gabriel hat was different than normal, and she looked at him for a moment before dismissing it with a slight shake of her head. He was less angry and annoyed than he used to be, and she supposed she had to get used to that a bit. She averted her gaze and looked back at the papers, a small frown creasing her brow at his question. "It is. I'll be in charge of the paper." She said, a little nervous at the prospect. "Getting new members, preparing the paper to be it ready for print, planning and proofreading articles... It's going to be a lot." She shrugged. "I'm excited, though. It's a nice club, and actually useful for what I want to do later." It was a little surprising to hear Gabriel read the paper sometimes, and Sophie found herself wondering if he ever read her articles. But he quickly confirmed that he mostly read Quidditch and the events, causing Sophie to roll her eyes. "Of course you do. Just to save you the trouble, while the paper is under my leadership there will be no articles about how good you look in a suit." She meant the words as a joke, but felt her cheeks heat up as she said it. Was that a stupid thing to say? She didn't think he looked good in a suit, she had just repeated his words. Did he now think she thought that? She glanced at him when he offered her Bertie Bott's beans, and hesitated for a moment. "Alright." She said, taking one and frowning at it. She bit half of it, and immediately spit it out in her hand. "Ew!" She exclaimed, pulling a face. "Fish!" She pulled a tissue out of her bag to put the half-chewed bean in. "I don't even hate fish, but it should not be in candy." She said, tossing it away. "Are you picking out all the good ones for yourself?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him in suspicion.

Gabriel saw Sophie smiling in some kind of way and he never had seen that before. He didn't even knew if she could do that. She wasn't the most exciting person and it was kind of fun to see her like this. And at the next thing she said Gabriel his mouth almost stayed open wide. He was suprised by how Sophie reacted on this. She had expected her to be mad or annoyed by the short version of her name. But she just went along. '' People call me that often. I'm cool with it.'' Gabriel said shortly. Mostly friends or people close to him called him like that and Sophie wasn't really one of them. But she reacted nice to him so he had no intention of going against her now. '' I'm not sure. I never have seen you laughing before. So this is a big step. '' He responded, because ofcourse he could expect a reaction of her how stupid all things were after. '' Than you don't say it. I don't care.'' He said while raising his shoulders. She always had to ruin something or be grumpy after all. Gabriel often had to laugh about it. He just didn't knew why people would be like that. Ofcourse he could be grumpy but mostly just after he lost a Quidditch game or a training went bad.

When Sophie told him about the Hogwarts Monthly she really seemed to be excited or something about it. It sounded like a lot of work what she would be doing. Gabriel would never like such a thing. But he figured Sophie would not play quidditch. Her dumb boyfriend did. And he had a big mouth about it. Gabriel couldn't wait to beat Ravenclaw. '' Sounds like a lot of work. I'm suprised that is something to like. What do you want to do later than? '' Gabriel than asked. Since Sophie seemed to be so sure. Gabriel didn't liked to read, but when it was about something he liked it was less stupid. When Sophie repeated what he said about him in a suit he had to laugh. '' It's a fact now right? Too bad. You will get a lot of readers than.'' He than continued with joking. He really had no idea how girls would think of him. He only knew that Sara liked him a lot, since she was his girlfriend now. And she played Quidditch too, she was amazing. Sophie wanted some beans and he let her take some. What he was hoping for happend how cruel it was, it was too funny. Sophie managed to pick the dirty ones. Gabriel could not hold back his laugh. She had something like fish and he knew that there were many more dirty ones than fish. '' I try too. But had some more dirty ones than fish. '' Gabriel than said to the girl and took another in his mouth. '' Ah this one is peppermint. Good one. Your turn.'' He than challenged her.

Sophie shrugged when Gabriel told her people called him Gabe often. She still thought it sounded stupid. "Well, I don't like Soph. It's a lazy nickname." She said, giving him a glance. It wasn't as cold as usual, but she also wasn't looking friendly. She rolled her eyes. "You've never been funny enough to make me laugh." She countered. "I don't see that changing anytime soon, I don't laugh easily." It was true, but she decided not to add that she didn't like her own laugh. It always sounded silly to her ears. She definitely didn't want Gabriel to hear it, as he was still her enemy even if he wasn't being awful right now. She shrugged when he told her not to call him that then, agreeing to it. "Fine. I can think of some better nicknames anyway, if I get creative." She said with a small smirk, though it quickly faded again. "Though I guess Gabriel will do." She added. "As long as you're not being annoying."

His question about the future caught her off guard, and she gestured to the papers spread around. "I want to write. Be a journalist for a real paper." She told him, as if this was obvious. "It's something I really enjoy doing. Why, what do you want to do later?" She expected the answer to be Quidditch, but wondered if he would perhaps surprise her with a more realistic answer. She snorted as he said she would get a lot more readers. "What, all your Quidditch fans?" She asked him sarcastically, raising one eyebrow. He probably was pretty popular, how that she thought about it. Weren't Quidditch players usually? Isaac was a Quidditch player too, but he was definitely a different sort of person than Gabriel was, a lot more introverted. Thinking of her ex boyfriend made her sad, so she quickly moved on. She was glad to hear Gabriel had had a few worse ones than fish, but still wasn't happy. "Tell me which gross ones you got, it'll cheer me up." She said. He offered her another and she took it reluctantly. She bit in, but relaxed. "Cherry, I think." She said, eating it. "That wasn't too bad." She then gave him a challenging smile. "Your turn again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back