Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone Archimedis

Perse rushed into the hospital wing, the body of co-Headmaster Prosinian on a stretcher behind her, his wife somewhere behind them. She levitated his body onto a bed and banished the stretcher. She propped him up, tipped his head back and poured a potion she took from her apron down his throat.
She ran her wand over him, the tip glowed red over his chest. She stepped back and watched as her patient fell into a deeper sleep.

She looked up at his wife. "Cecily,"she said gently. "He'll need to rest here. I'll have to do more tests. He'll not wake up for a few days, at least."

(OOC: Bearse PM'd me and asked to remain in a coma until he gets back. :blink: )

Cecily rushed in after them. She'd never felt more useless. She nodded to Persephone, barely hearing what she was saying. She sat down in the chair beside his bed, holding his hand.

(OOC: A coma?!! How lame!! LOL!! j.k.!)

((Lame?! :blink: :ph43r: :lol: ))

Bearse struggled to open his eyes. He felt groggy and his body hurt. He opened his eyes slowly, grimacing at the grit he felt there.

He turned his head and called out weakly for someone.

Perse heard a faint sound coming from across the room. She turned her head and saw her charge was awake. Grabbing a bottle she rushed over and felt his forehead. Then she ran tests with her wand and crystals before uncorking the bottle.
"Can you hear me alright?"she asked anxiously. "I need you to drink this potion and I'll help you, okay?" she asked slowly and loudly, the voice she used with her befuddled patients. She was a bit shocked to find Mr. Prosinian awaking so soon. She was elated that he was, she had feared damage to his body from the prolonged coma. She'd done physical therapy using various wand techniques she'd learned abroad, so his muscles wouldn't atrophy.
She knew she had to send for his wife right away.

Cecily had felt something jump within her chest when she was working on her lessons in her office. She'd jumped up and rushed to the Hospital Wing. When she got there, she saw Persephone leaning over her husband, who was...awake! She whooped and smiled, running over to them.

"When did he wake up?"she asked Perse, looking at her husband with adoring and happy eyes. She reached out and held his hand, grinning happily.

(OOC: Thanks for the PM guys!! :D Glad to see you back, Bearse!)

((Thanks :D ))
Bearse took the potion and with Perse's help drank it. He didn't feel much like arguing. He felt like he'd been hit by a Thestral.

"Cic?" he croaked.

"I'm here,"she murmured, squeezing his hand. (i'll post more later)

Bearse could feel the potion working on him. Moments later, he sat up and hugged his wife, kissing her cheek. "I'm okay."
He got unsteadily to his feet. "Why am I here?"

"You were ill," Cecily said, throwing a warning look to Persephone. "Let's get you home."

Perse stood there, not sure if she wanted to speak up or not. Finally, her nurse's training won out. "I don't think he should leave the hospital yet. He needs more rest and tests done. I don't think it's wise to move him."

"I'll be fine." Bearse straightened his back and put his arm around his wife's shoulder. "I need to be home. I can come back later for tests."

Perse's lips thinned and her nostrils flared slightly. She was so aggravated that her patients refused to stay where she advised them to! She took a deep breath.
"If you feel that's the best way. I won't be here but you can get checkups here from Sophia Stark or from Professor Armstrong."
She nodded at them and went to her office and slammed the door.

( :) I'm not really mad just my character. She can get fussy. :)) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back